Recasted 2014/15 Record - Why the excitement for Orton?

Kipers Hair

Now that our worst fears have been realized and EJ has been dispatched to the bench in favor of journeymen backup Kyle (David Grohl) Orton - I have sobered from my KoolAide stupor and am changing my initial projection of 13-3 (that's right...), to 5-11.

In the end, the front office and staff went all in on EJ and trading up for Sammy and they have crapped out. Sadly, I have every expectation the staff will be gutted this offseason and the rebuild to begin yet again. I don't understand the fan excitement as this move is an indication our team has yet again failed...miserably when you compound the lost draft picks.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that our worst fears have been realized and EJ has been dispatched to the bench in favor of journeymen backup Kyle (David Grohl) Orton - I have sobered from my KoolAide stupor and am changing my initial projection of 13-3 (that's right...), to 5-11.

In the end, the front office and staff went all in on EJ and trading up for Sammy and they have crapped out. Sadly, I have every expectation the staff will be gutted this offseason and the rebuild to begin yet again. I don't understand the fan excitement as this move is an indication our team has yet again failed...miserably when you compound the lost draft picks.

So it is your belief that if EJ stayed in they would rattle off a 11-1 record going forward?

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

Orton will be a game manager who makes few mistakes and will be assisted by a great stable of running backs and a time eating chain moving run game. He won't win games, but, more important, he won't lose games. I see him as the better bet to get us to the playoffs. He is the only chance Marrone has of keeping his job. 9-6

I got 7-5 the rest of the way under Orton leaving us @ 9-7.

I think you're close, give or take a game either way. With the other aspects of the team play at a high level, they just need someone who can actually hit a moving target throughout the game. With EJ, his poor play throughout never let the Bills take command of a game. Most of his games he was in came down to the 4th quarter.

I have Orton starting less than 4 games.

EJ or Kyle the record won't change much either way.

EJ evaded 2 if not 3 sacks Sunday. Orton would have been killed.

Can we please stop with the extreme crap like "Orton would have been killed"

Orton would not "have been killed" he might have taken sacks.....he also might have thrown the ball accurately causing them to back off a little bit or face giving up big chunks of yardage and a score.

Can we please stop with the extreme crap like "Orton would have been killed"

Orton would not "have been killed" he might have taken sacks.....he also might have thrown the ball accurately causing them to back off a little bit or face giving up big chunks of yardage and a score.

Orton would have been pummeled!!

Orton would not have been agile enough to evade the 2 sacks I recall.

When was the last time Orton won a game or 2 consistently? 5 or 6 years ago?

2 seasons with Dallas

Played in 4 games in - started 1 games - a L

half a season with KC

Played in 4 games - started 3 games - went 2-1

half a season with Denver

Played in 5 games - started 5 games - went 1-4

half a season with Denver

Played in 13 games - started 13 games - went 3-10

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Aside from QB, nothing has changed. What was the consensus at the start of the season? All we needed was for EJ to play adequately and we would have a decent shot at the playoffs. I heard that a lot. Well EJ didn't play well at all. In fact, he was like a boat anchor to the entire offense, dragging the entire team down.

The Dolphins and Jets don't scare anyone. And although the Pats are nowhere near as bad as they looked against the Chiefs, they are hardly the juggernaut of the past. We just need average play out of our QB's. With an average QB we would be 3-1 right now.

This division is ripe for the taking, and we are atop the standings right now. I think we have a very good shot at it, and I'm more confident today than I was at the start of the season.

I have Orton starting less than 4 games.

EJ or Kyle the record won't change much either way.

EJ evaded 2 if not 3 sacks Sunday. Orton would have been killed.

Fortunately, it doesn't work like that. EJ might be more mobile, but who knows if Orton would have seen an open receiver that EJ missed (and they were all over the field) and gotten the ball off before the sack.

That fence swings both ways.

Outside of that Bears team who drafted him, this may be the best defense he's played with. Orton doesn't have to win any games. Just don't lose any.

For all who are worried about the line: I have a feeling Orton isn't going to hold the ball as long as EJ. Re watch EJ the last two weeks. He holds the ball a looong time before each sack. Veteran QBs know how to keep a pass rush at bay with quick hitters.

10-6 GO BILLS😈

Edited by JaxBills

Who cares if they win the division, if they are still a bad football team?

I guess it's nice, but I would be more impressed if they were really good, but came in 2nd to a great Pats, Jets, or Dolphins team. At least then I would know they were headed in the right direction.

Maybe if the Pats are through, it will be easier to get a good Head Coach here.