1st Place in October

Chandler#81

Seattle won its division in 2010 with a 7-9 record

I believe there were a few 8-8 or 9-7 teams in the NFC North for a few years also. Thinking 2008-2010. Not positive though.

Made the playoffs that is. Not won the division.

Edited by The Wiz

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not the kind of guy to go out there to a bar and simply come home with the first one willing. I'd rather bring home the hottie then settle.

Or...

Would you rather go out looking for a shark and come home satisfied after you catch a catfish?

I'd like to watch a Bills playoff game again in my lifetime.

BTW, it's not like getting a playoff spot means OBD will stop trying to improve the team. "Whew! We snuck in at 8-8! Let's sign everyone to an extension and bring in nobody new!" said no GM ever.

Edited by MRW

Not to take a big fat dump on the parade but I do not want to get in to the playoffs unless we actually earn it and are a real contender. Squeaking in there with a weak division only to get destroyed in the first round just ain't much for me.

Tell that to the Giants, Cardinals and Ravens of recent past. To my memory all of those teams didn't look too hot in the regular season. Once you get into the playoffs who knows what can happen.

I'd like to watch a Bills playoff game again in my lifetime.

BTW, it's not like getting a playoff spot means OBD will stop trying to improve the team. "Whew! We snuck in at 8-8! Let's sign everyone to an extension and bring in nobody new!" said no GM ever.

Buddy and Marv liked Fitz and Trent on their starts to the season, jauron also for that matter.

I think old people are either crazy or just prefer to shoot first, aim second.

I'll take it. You think Seattle was complaining a few years ago when they made it in at 7-9 or whatever their crap record was? Who cares how we make it in. Winning the division from New England and Tom Brady and BB will always be awesome even if it's done at 6-10

Seattle won a playoff game that year against a vaunted Saints team. You never know.

Eh.

As bad as the Patriots looked last night, they will bounce back. They always do. Will they be as good as last year? No, but they will still finish at least 9-7 or 10-6 and win the division.

Might wanna watch the game before than where they squeaked by the raiders.

They are toast.

I am not the kind of guy to go out there to a bar and simply come home with the first one willing. I'd rather bring home the hottie then settle.

Or...

Would you rather go out looking for a shark and come home satisfied after you catch a catfish?

Why? Fatties require less effort and they can be very fun.

So...the topic was clearly one started with tongue at least partially in cheek, but the truth remains that the Bills are very much in contention to return to the playoffs given what we've seen out of our AFC East brethren so far. As noted in certain "expert" circles the one position holding Buffalo back was QB, and at least now they will trot out a "seasoned" professional who has experienced some level of success in the league and has seen his numbers steadily improve since coming into the league.

Provided we don't get some awful news on the Kyle Williams/Nigel Bradham front today, the defense is deep and will keep Buffalo in every game. Get average QB play out of Orton and 9-7 is easily in sight.

Or...

After a fourteen year dry spell. . . Yes I would take the catfish.

Beggars can't be choosers.

Not to take a big fat dump on the parade but I do not want to get in to the playoffs unless we actually earn it and are a real contender. Squeaking in there with a weak division only to get destroyed in the first round just ain't much for me.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/171005-power-rankings-thread-post-them-here/page__st__80#entry3277552

God, imagine if we win the division?! Which this year is easily possible.

Looking ahead to 2015 there is a better chance for Miami and NJ Jets to be at the top. They are young teams, too.

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER

You're right as usual, E. I haven't been excited since watching Carpenter's kick split the uprights in the Opener OT. A full out butt-whoopin' vs the Fish was tempered with the disconcerting inability to cross the goal line with so many opportunities. No need to go further with the last 2 games..

I'm trying to get the excitement back -with the collapse of NE & struggling Fish & Jests, and I'm more encouraged that we're switching to Vet with -well.. a non-losing career W/L record. Even on Oct 1st, we can 'see' our way through to playing meaningful games in late December.

I guess I'll believe it when I see it..

All four teams have major questions on both sides of the ball...

Even though we beat them, I see the Dolphins as the most "secure" team right now.

if it weren't for all the QB "controversy" talk about who was starting in London against the Raiders I might agree with you.

actually not, I always feel Buffalo is better than the Fish & JETS.

I was watching MNF I think and the talking heads were laughing that the Bills were in first place in the AFC East and made a voluntary QB change for performance reasons.

Not so much laughing at the Bills as laughing at the AFCE.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Those with more astute football minds than mine will give a more accurate evaluation of the Pats*...but, baby, they don't look like a very good team, period. They've bet everything around Marcia being able to work his miracles, giving him less and less with which to work every year. And it looks like the bill is coming due. I repeat - they don't look like a good team. The Emperor has no clothes. I think Cincinnati is going to eat them for lunch next week, and THEN the chattering monkeys on ESPN and NFL are going to have a meltdown right on the air. I have mental pictures of that famous scene in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" in which the villain's head melts...

Oh, I think it is entirely possible. I think we can get to the playoffs but I don't want to get in there unless we are legitimately going to stand a chance.

I don't get this. I'd love to see this team actually in a postseason game, period. There are upsets in the playoffs virtually every year, you always have a chance ...it's one game. Just to end the fourteen year streak of misery will more than suffice at this point.