Hey Marrone - Start Bryce Brown!

BringBackFergy

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to know how the "average" RB gets 4 ypc, since CJ sucks because he gets a couple big runs, and then smaller runs. Do other RBs literally just do 3, 4 and 5 yard runs to get 4ypc?

Maybe it's just my own prejudice because I watch CJ and Fred more than other backs, but it seems CJ gets tackled for a 1 or 2 yd gain (against Houston there were a few where he was tackled behind LOS) but then he rips a 15 yarder. It's pretty frustrating. Then you watch Alfred Morris or Frank Gore and they seem to get 3 or 4 yds at a clip with a few 6 or 8 yd runs mixed in. I guess it's whether you prefer consistency over occasional flashes of "WOW" and what is best for the team. In our case, it can't hurt to try something new.

I am interested to see what offer they make to CJ. If we overspend for him, I will freak. He is not elite. I like his speed, but he is streaky. FJ is the only consistent guy on offense.

I concur with MRAGS. If he goes to another team, he will not blossom like Lynch. Everyone could see there was something special with Marshawn.

I am interested to see what offer they make to CJ. If we overspend for him, I will freak. He is not elite. I like his speed, but he is streaky. FJ is the only consistent guy on offense.

I concur with MRAGS. If he goes to another team, he will not blossom like Lynch. Everyone could see there was something special with Marshawn.

If Spiller were an Eagle or a Saint there'd be plenty of blossom happening...

He has his limitations but still is more an asset than a burden and teams need to have home run threats unless they are extremely good at long sustained methodical drives as an offense.

Maybe it's just my own prejudice because I watch CJ and Fred more than other backs, but it seems CJ gets tackled for a 1 or 2 yd gain (against Houston there were a few where he was tackled behind LOS) but then he rips a 15 yarder. It's pretty frustrating. Then you watch Alfred Morris or Frank Gore and they seem to get 3 or 4 yds at a clip with a few 6 or 8 yd runs mixed in. I guess it's whether you prefer consistency over occasional flashes of "WOW" and what is best for the team. In our case, it can't hurt to try something new.

See, I feel like that's generally how it goes... 1-2 yard carry, then a broken play with 7+ yards. If there's a hole, most RBs will get more than 4 yards out of it. If there's no hole, then you don't get much, especially if you're a small back.

Look at Brown's game log. He's a less talented Spiller. Brown just isn't good enough. A 4th rd pick for someone who isn't good enough to be active and isn't a rookie is looking terrible.

The Eagles give up a 5th for Sproles the Bills give up a 4th for Brown.

Edited by Section242

ah... The "need to get him in space" argument. How about he's had chances and he picks the wrong way to go?

That's why you need to get him the ball IN space... He's not going to find that space on his own.

Great locker room guy though. Really fast. Works hard...

Everyone could see there was something special with Marshawn.

Including his parole officer... Seriously he didn't fit Chans offense and was a legal risk, so I cannot blame the move, although I'd love in an alternate universe to see what Marrone would have done with him in buf.

If Spiller were an Eagle or a Saint there'd be plenty of blossom happening...

He has his limitations but still is more an asset than a burden and teams need to have home run threats unless they are extremely good at long sustained methodical drives as an offense.

news for you. 1-3 yard runs while occasionaly ripping off a 15 yarder hurts against the thought you just made. Sustained methodical drives are not possible with a RB like CJ as your starter.