Bills Bench the Wrong Guy

Freddie's Dead

Guys were WIDE open yesterday. The execution was the problem. The play calling was good enough to win. He just needed to execute.

He was given the opportunity . I know it goes agianst the grain of most Fans. and i can see the logic .

But i am going to take the stand that EJ is limiting the Offense.

I gues it doesn't matter what i think because Marrone made the move.

I am going to hope EJ can recover and develop as he should have all along.If he has the character , and he might , he might not be the worse for this. Game is too big for him right now. I would have waited one more week. but i dont think it matters anymore

The FO did mess this up. more than once. and i like these guys !

But Nate and Marrone gave Manual the chance with play calls to get rolling and he did not.

Jeebus love us Bills fans . We need it .

I can see why this coaching staff made Orton the starter for this game. Its like a lamb to slaughter when you see that Detroit has the best front four in the NFL, and are currently ranked the #1 defense in the league.

Or, losing to Ryan Fitspasspick was such a slap in the face to the FO that they just couldn't help themselves.

You are right tho, this team won't win until they find a way to pound the rock properly.

I suspect an injury to Manuel. LIons were going to bring the kitchen sink and kill the kid once and for all.

Compassionate call by Marrone. Very seriously folks .

agreed about the run game. I think Marrone put EJ into the fire to see what he was made of ( right or wrong ). The Kid lost it and then hung his head after the game .

Thats no fun for anyone.

And they won't be able to do so until defenses have to respect the passing game.

This is wholly correct

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They gonna trade another #1 for him Kirby? Perhaps trade EJ for a 4th to somebody also?

Man 0 man, October can't get here quick enough, as I'm hoping Pegs crap cans this entire regime of losers.

Take a long hard look at the Cowboys this year, as they are pounding the rock with great success. and yea, even against a stacked box. Romo looks a lot better with that pound it down the throat run game, and so would EJ.

He's going to be cut.

The Bills should have benched Hackett. 23 runs and 44 passes against one of the worst rushing defenses and best pass rusher in the NFL. Way to attack your adversary's weaknesses Junior. This basically finishes EJ in Buffalo. Now that he's a Duncan Butterfly, this is JP Losman redux. You can't treat your starter like a yoyo. It's over. Time to start looking for the next franchise QB.

This is dead on.

EJ was horrible yesterday. As much as I like EJ and have defended him, I can't criticize the decision to bench him.

But Hackett's play-calling was downright bizarre.

We were never out of the game. Our defense, particularly our run D, was playing well. We had two good backs who flashed some ability to run against the Texans while EJ was completing less than half his passes.

All that ought to result in a lot of run calls. Instead Hackett kept throwing the ball. It's very hard to understand or justify.

Now, I'm not really into conspiracy theories...but consider this: The brass had to be thinking in terms of the benching after last week. Is it possible that the Bills pass to run count of 45 to 23 was by design...designed to either let Manuel flourish with so many pass reps - OR TO FAIL MISERABLY, so that there would not be a bunch of second guessing on the benching?

Or Marrone was planning all along to start Orton and have EJ sit but got into a shouting match at training camp. Said shouting match resulted in Marrone giving in and saying ok I'll start him but after 4 games he is done if he stinks.

FWIW, I think Hacketts gameplan was to be pass happy as he figured the Texans would stack the box ( which they did, as I counted 9 close to the LOS numerous times), it just didn't work, though WR were open, because the QB is beyond terrible.

Or Marrone was planning all along to start Orton and have EJ sit but got into a shouting match at training camp. Said shouting match resulted in Marrone giving in and saying ok I'll start him but after 4 games he is done if he stinks.

FWIW, I think Hacketts gameplan was to be pass happy as he figured the Texans would stack the box ( which they did, as I counted 9 close to the LOS numerous times), it just didn't work, though WR were open, because the QB is beyond terrible.

Thank you.

Just to be fair i think the O line did pretty darned good considering the pressures they saw. Henderson was beat outside but the kid has some long arms so ej should could stepped up in the pocket. Same the Cordy when Watt or Crick were speed rushing.

Neither of them succumbed to a bull rush. I dont think it was the O line like last week

Cyril played Much better than i expected !

I see him holding down the position

Hackett doesn't miss wide open receivers, often when they're a few yards away from the quarterback. Hackett's thread is another story.

Yep. its best not to mix liquors when drinking. Creates a nasty hangover i hear.

thats why i stick to light beer these days :thumbsup:

Edited by 3rdand12

Very disappointing.. and hate to admit it's probably the best move. I was screaming at the TV yesterday when he had Fred wide open in front of him for a first down and he makes an impossible throw to a well covered Chandler. Was actually screaming the whole game.. EJ constantly making the wrong decisions..

Very disappointing.. and hate to admit it's probably the best move. I was screaming at the TV yesterday when he had Fred wide open in front of him for a first down and he makes an impossible throw to a well covered Chandler. Was actually screaming the whole game.. EJ constantly making the wrong decisions..

liked him more last year. He went backwards

Wow, that's crazy talk. I refuse to think he's damaged goods to that extent.

I hope you're dead wrong and he takes this time to soak it in and learn.

I believe Kirby is talking about Bradford while you're talking about Manuel.

He's going to be cut.

ohh :oops: Yea, I thought he meant EJ too. Phew, as I was thinking wow this Org is screwed up to cut a guy after only 14 games.

Like I said, take a long hard look at what the Cowboys did this off season in beefing up their O line, and now how well they are running the ball against a stacked box. My fav player was Zack Martin, who the Cowboys took with the 16th pick, and he is playing RG. When they want to power run it they bring in three tight ends....of course their TE's can actually block, and catch. Ohhhh, a 1st round pick on an OG, what a waste huh.

Edited by FeartheLosing

Which is fine by me. I know many will counter with his Hacketts lack of adjustments, but hell, take what the defense gives you. Have faith in the 1st round qb.

On a side note, I also question the coaching staff telling EJ not to run. This seriously limits his ability to make plays.

I'll tell you guys what. I watched the Arkansas Razorbacks play Texas A&M and all I could do was think that either of those two OC's would be better then Hackett. Boston College beat the crap out of USC by mostly running. I thought that's why they drafted the guy to run a read option version, and instead are trying make a pocket passer out of a guy who clearly needs a ton of development to be a pocket passer.

Sam Bradford huh, and he will stay healthy, and will get better protection in Buffalo?

I'll tell you guys what. I watched the Arkansas Razorbacks play Texas A&M and all I could do was think that either of those two OC's would be better then Hackett. Boston College beat the crap out of USC by mostly running. I thought that's why they drafted the guy to run a read option version, and instead are trying make a pocket passer out of a guy who clearly needs a ton of development to be a pocket passer.

Sam Bradford huh, and he will stay healthy, and will get better protection in Buffalo?

We drafted him to become Big Ben 2.0