The Chargers Oline were holding all day

I'm not saying it was fixed, I'm just trying to figure out why the Chargers oline was aloud allowed to hug our defenders like a teddy bear. I watched the gm multiple times on short cuts and it's very frustrating to see no calls when.people.are aloud allowed to hold like.this. Makes u start to question things a little bit. I can even go bk and give u the time & plays that these holds were taking place

Sorry couldn't help myself

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't help but notice the pick on their scoring drive. Couldn't help but notice every big play we had a flag was thrown. Not a thing you can do but send the film in to the NFL. Like they don't have enough issues. Let the teams play like in the play offs. Who ever came up with this tighter calls on pass plays should be fired. Like you said: slows the game down and turns the tide to the offense. Go Bills

NNS.

I have not rewatched but i believe you. i did watch the game of course.

No problem with you bringing this to my attention ! Since you have rewatched the plays and keep seing the same thing.

A few of the penalties that were called against the Bills were drive killers. Those call are the ones i get pissed about'

Once the teams know how the game is going to be called its up to them to find an advantage.

Refs usually give and take i think.

I agree with you. I thought the same exact thing live as I did watching it back, that the refs clearly gave their o line the advantage.

I definitely seen these holds watching the gm live but I always go bk and rewatch the gms a couple times via shortcuts and it was abundantly clear that the refs were not calling the holds against us.Especially in that first drive of the 3rd quarter there was at least 5-6 holds in that drive alone.

Ive been watching Football long enough to know when it's just missed call by refs or it was straight up non calls. In this case the refs put away there whistles and flags. I don't want to take anything away from the Chargers there a well oiled machine that makes u play there gm. McCoy has so far proven he can do a lot more with alot less then Marrone in there brief coaching careers.

I'm telling u man Orhenberger, Reinhardt & Dunlap were clearly getting away with holding.. All day it very very frustrating too watch. Bills Dline was putting there arms up.in frustration also inn plenty of occasions during that gm to no avail

Exactly I think the Chargers coaches tell these guys to hold on every play. They have taken a page from the Seahawks philosophy of hold to they call it with there D bks but instead with.the Chargers oline..

Is it really that hard to just spell out the actual words you want to use? Jesus christ.

I listened to interviews from Blandino (not sure on spelling) and on the former head of officials on Fox. The officials are in that rock and a hard place position. They are pushed to call more hands to the face, interference, and so on. Then they are also being pushed by the league to keep the game moving as the yellow flags are driving fans crazy.

Nobody wants 4 hour games. My guess is they are letting go more holding and other penalties and cherry pick their flags. I don't know. It's not holding unless they are outside of the shoulders so I don't disagree, but believe they are playing politics with what they want to spend more time with players.

Idk if anyone else really noticed all the HOLDING that was going on between the trenches but it seemed like the Chargers oline was not just trying to block the Bills defenders but we're also trying to date them as well. I seen at least 15 plays where there Oline was hugging either Kyle, Dareus or Hughes. It was ridiculous how many times they got away with it on 3rd downs. It was almost like the refs gave them a holding pass before the gm even started. Mof they weren't even called once the whole gm for holding while on the flip side every time the Bills made a big play it was coming bk.

I'm just saying something was fishy bout the gm from the get go as the Chargers threw 2 illegal pk plays on there scoring drive. These pks weren't your typical pks they were while the ball was in the air. Could all this have something to do with the point spread starting at pk em and moving to Bills -2. All the money was on the Bills seemed like a trap to me.. I could be wrong but I was wondering if anyone else seen all these non calls that I feel affected the gm in a big way?

And aren't we paying THREE Pro Bowlers on the DL? If so then shouldn't they be able to after all these years, learn to beat a single guy holding them OR be able to "flop" well enough to make the Refs call it?

The flags did not go the Bills way against the Chargers. When I watch Kyle Williams, I feel like he gets held a lot. The Chargers got away with holding most of the game, no doubt. The worst one was on a play in the Bills red zone, J.Hughes got spun around by K.Dunlap. Terrible.

Hopefully the game will be more evenly called this week.

Go Bills

U guys might think I'm crazy but I got great way the NFL can fix this issue of holding. It's called technology yes put sensors in these guys jerseys from front to bk. At halftime the refs can look at a chart to see who exactly has been holding more then usual and that can help them watch these players during the 2nd half a little more. It would even bettter if these sensors can basically make the call for the refs. It's just an idea but with all the technology we have nowadays the NFL needs to look into at least doing something like this. They can even test it out during the preseason and practices intil they master the system. This can basically get rid of holding for good..

Holding occurs on every play in every game. So what?

Want to get rid of so many holding penalties? Let them hold. If line play is a test of strength and technique, let them have at it. As long as they keep the hands out of the face (and no MMA/martial arts stuff!), let them do whatever they can to each other.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Idk if anyone else really noticed all the HOLDING that was going on between the trenches but it seemed like the Chargers oline was not just trying to block the Bills defenders but we're also trying to date them as well. I seen at least 15 plays where there Oline was hugging either Kyle, Dareus or Hughes. It was ridiculous how many times they got away with it on 3rd downs. It was almost like the refs gave them a holding pass before the gm even started. Mof they weren't even called once the whole gm for holding while on the flip side every time the Bills made a big play it was coming bk.

I'm just saying something was fishy bout the gm from the get go as the Chargers threw 2 illegal pk plays on there scoring drive. These pks weren't your typical pks they were while the ball was in the air. Could all this have something to do with the point spread starting at pk em and moving to Bills -2. All the money was on the Bills seemed like a trap to me.. I could be wrong but I was wondering if anyone else seen all these non calls that I feel affected the gm in a big way?

When you just rush 4 DL the way the Bills did all day you make it easy for the OL to do their jobs. Those assignments are easier to execute when indecision isn't a factor. See the Wannstedt year.

The beauty of what Pettine did is that he could CREATE holes in the pass blocking and that made all hell break loose, breaking down protection everywhere and really turned that DL into statistical monsters. They are still a very solid pass rush but there is no full size edge rusher with any bend on this roster.....only the pint sized Hughes and the powerful but less than nimble Mario. Those elite edge rush types that get instant pressure off the edge naturally create the chaos that Pettine could do artificially.

Yeah, Bills, only team to get hosed by home team refs.

I'm not saying it was fixed, I'm just trying to figure out why the Chargers oline was aloud allowed to hug our defenders like a teddy bear. I watched the gm game multiple times on short cuts and it's very frustrating to see no calls when.people.are aloud allowed to hold like.this. Makes u you start to question things a little bit. I can even go bk back and give u you the time & and plays that these holds were taking place.

Sorry couldn't help myself

If your gonna do it; do it rite,

Jesus. We lost, we were outplayed, our D wasn't perfect, our qb was bad and we didn't show up and play well.

Let it go. New game tomorrow for the team. Penalties are a part of the game. Sometimes they're in your favor, sometimes not.

Why come on this thread then? Everyone knows that we were outplayed, and that there is a new game tomorrow. This is to discuss a legitimate part of the game against SD.

I know! And did you see the sun??? It was ALWAYS is the Bills eyes and NEVER in the Bolts players eyes! WTF???

LOL. Yep, San Diego was illegally holding all day long.

And they still totally outclassed in all aspects of the game.

So who cares?

Why come on this thread then? Everyone knows that we were outplayed, and that there is a new game tomorrow. This is to discuss a legitimate part of the game against SD.

Exactly, There's plenty of threads discussing multiple topics on this site, You have a choice to read it or not I can care less. But there's some people on this board that just can't get enough of themselves they got to criticize every misspelled word like some type of English teachers. I guess you have no life or something. I'm sure that most the people that read my post didn't care bout misspelled words or even my point of the topic. I was just shedding some light on something that bothered me all week. I wanted to see who else noticed the referees bias towards the Bills.

Notice that I said a few times during my messages that I've been watching football for almost 30yrs and that I understood the difference between holding and refs just blatantly turning the other cheek. In this case it was blatant because they couldn't even make one call when needed. This makes a difference in the game believe it or not. If the refs don't call back those 2 big plays we had who knows how the game turns out. Or even if they make a call on that 3rd quarter drive the Chargers scored on it could of made a big difference in the game.

The NFL is a league of parity so it makes a big difference when there's a disparity between calls on opposite sides of the game. Sometimes that's all it takes, that's the difference in the game and it's not fair to the fans. I know its not an exact science in terms of the officials getting it right or wrong but with my experience in watching games I can see there's not a level playing field.

I don't know bout you guys but whenever the Bills make a big play I honestly wait for at least 10seconds afterwards to celebrate because it always seems like the officials are gonna throw a late flag or something. I've seem it far to many times. Btw I got 4games going at once in my household 4tvs going. I watch alot of football and believe me the Bills have and always been officiated differently.

Exactly, There's plenty of threads discussing multiple topics on this site, You have a choice to read it or not I can care less. But there's some people on this board that just can't get enough of themselves they got to criticize every misspelled word like some type of English teachers. I guess you have no life or something. I'm sure that most the people that read my post didn't care bout misspelled words or even my point of the topic. I was just shedding some light on something that bothered me all week. I wanted to see who else noticed the referees bias towards the Bills.

Notice that I said a few times during my messages that I've been watching football for almost 30yrs and that I understood the difference between holding and refs just blatantly turning the other cheek. In this case it was blatant because they couldn't even make one call when needed. This makes a difference in the game believe it or not. If the refs don't call back those 2 big plays we had who knows how the game turns out. Or even if they make a call on that 3rd quarter drive the Chargers scored on it could of made a big difference in the game.

The NFL is a league of parity so it makes a big difference when there's a disparity between calls on opposite sides of the game. Sometimes that's all it takes, that's the difference in the game and it's not fair to the fans. I know its not an exact science in terms of the officials getting it right or wrong but with my experience in watching games I can see there's not a level playing field.

I don't know bout you guys but whenever the Bills make a big play I honestly wait for at least 10seconds afterwards to celebrate because it always seems like the officials are gonna throw a late flag or something. I've seem it far to many times. Btw I got 4games going at once in my household 4tvs going. I watch alot of football and believe me the Bills have and always been officiated differently.

Agree...Ill never forget the flag that flew in Kyle Williams helmet and then picked with the ref saying: There is no foul on the play. Its either holding or its not. If you throw a flag and hit the guy that was involved in the face, Im pretty sure you saw something.