The Chargers Oline were holding all day

Idk if anyone else really noticed all the HOLDING that was going on between the trenches but it seemed like the Chargers oline was not just trying to block the Bills defenders but we're also trying to date them as well. I seen at least 15 plays where there Oline was hugging either Kyle, Dareus or Hughes. It was ridiculous how many times they got away with it on 3rd downs. It was almost like the refs gave them a holding pass before the gm even started. Mof they weren't even called once the whole gm for holding while on the flip side every time the Bills made a big play it was coming bk.

I'm just saying something was fishy bout the gm from the get go as the Chargers threw 2 illegal pk plays on there scoring drive. These pks weren't your typical pks they were while the ball was in the air. Could all this have something to do with the point spread starting at pk em and moving to Bills -2. All the money was on the Bills seemed like a trap to me.. I could be wrong but I was wondering if anyone else seen all these non calls that I feel affected the gm in a big way?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk if anyone else really noticed all the HOLDING that was going on between the trenches but it seemed like the Chargers oline was not just trying to block the Bills defenders but we're also trying to date them as well. I seen at least 15 plays where there Oline was hugging either Kyle, Dareus or Hughes. It was ridiculous how many times they got away with it on 3rd downs. It was almost like the refs gave them a holding pass before the gm even started. Mof they weren't even called once the whole gm for holding while on the flip side every time the Bills made a big play it was coming bk.

I'm just saying something was fishy bout the gm from the get go as the Chargers threw 2 illegal pk plays on there scoring drive. These pks weren't your typical pks they were while the ball was in the air. Could all this have something to do with the point spread starting at pk em and moving to Bills -2. All the money was on the Bills seemed like a trap to me.. I could be wrong but I was wondering if anyone else seen all these non calls that I feel affected the gm in a big way?

I regularly bet on games as well. But what does it matter if all the money is on one side or the other. Are you trying to insinuate that the NFL is in with VEGAS?

If its a clean league, what does it matter if another industry loses money. And lets be honest. How much money was really put on this one game?

I just find it odd that if the games were fixed, why has nothing ever been leaked. Not one Whistleblower. You cant make me believe that everyone is hush hush and nothing comes out...EVER.

But who am I to know these things.

Overall, ref's these days call WAY TOO MANY penalties. It slows down the game.

Agreed. Also I think the NFL could take a page out of the soccer book. If for example there is a 5 yard defensive penalty but the offense makes 10 yards on the play anyway, don't bother stopping the flow of the game (and the clock) to announce that the offense is declining the penalty. Just pick up the flag and keep the game moving. There are several common sense things that could be done to keep the game moving.

But as to too many penalties, the answer can't be having the refs not call penalties. That would only lead to more threads like this complaining about ref bias. The rules should be changed in ways to not make NFL gameplay so anal that it has to stop every couple of minutes because an offensive lineman moved from farting.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I'm not saying it was fixed, I'm just trying to figure out why the Chargers oline was aloud to hug our defenders like a teddy bear. I watched the gm multiple times on short cuts and it's very frustrating to see no calls when.people.are aloud to hold like.this. Makes u start to question things a little bit. I can even go bk and give u the time & plays that these holds were taking place

My mentality is....so what? As far as I am concerned and I hope the men on the field are concerned.....control what you can control. If the other team is cheating, that is not what my focus is. It should always be about making myself a better player....anything else is just a waste of time.

Penalties Chargers 6-44 with no offensive holding calls. While the Bills were called 11-110. That's a big discrepancy. Especially when factor in the yards that we lost on those call bks on those big plays for Spiller & Woods. Those were momentum killers. As revered as our Dline is one of the best in the league I'm surprised bout this lack of holding calls not even one..

I've been watching Football for nearly 30yrs I definitely know the difference between missing a call and just blatant no calls by refs. I this case it was blatant.

I challenge anyone on this board to go bk and watch King Dunlap vs Hughes or there guards vs our Dt's it was ridiculous what they were getting away with multiple hugs holds tackling u name it they got away with it...

I'm not an excuse maker but I had to say something because it's been bothering me ask week.

No one will accuse the Chargers OL of having Venus de Milos

I'm telling u man Orhenberger, Reinhardt & Dunlap were clearly getting away with holding.. All day it very very frustrating too watch. Bills Dline was putting there arms up.in frustration also inn plenty of occasions during that gm to no avail

I saw it live, but the old saying goes, it aint holding if you dont get caught.

Exactly I think the Chargers coaches tell these guys to hold on every play. They have taken a page from the Seahawks philosophy of hold to they call it with there D bks but instead with.the Chargers oline..

U guys might think I'm crazy but I got great way the NFL can fix this issue of holding. It's called technology yes put sensors in these guys jerseys from front to bk. At halftime the refs can look at a chart to see who exactly has been holding more then usual and that can help them watch these players during the 2nd half a little more. It would even bettter if these sensors can basically make the call for the refs. It's just an idea but with all the technology we have nowadays the NFL needs to look into at least doing something like this. They can even test it out during the preseason and practices intil they master the system. This can basically get rid of holding for good..

U guys might think I'm crazy but I got great way the NFL can fix this issue of holding. It's called technology yes put sensors in these guys jerseys from front to bk. At halftime the refs can look at a chart to see who exactly has been holding more then usual and that can help them watch these players during the 2nd half a little more. It would even bettter if these sensors can basically make the call for the refs. It's just an idea but with all the technology we have nowadays the NFL needs to look into at least doing something like this. They can even test it out during the preseason and practices intil they master the system. This can basically get rid of holding for good..

Tape fingers together, much less expensive.

Its very hard for 1 guy to see, maybe have 2 watching for holding. One watches right side the other watches left side.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I'm not saying it was fixed, I'm just trying to figure out why the Chargers oline was aloud to hug our defenders like a teddy bear. I watched the gm multiple times on short cuts and it's very frustrating to see no calls when.people.are aloud to hold like.this. Makes u start to question things a little bit. I can even go bk and give u the time & plays that these holds were taking place

I agree with you. I thought the same exact thing live as I did watching it back, that the refs clearly gave their o line the advantage.

I haven't re-watched the game to look closely, so I won't go as far as the OP. I will say, however, that I counted 3 or 4 of what were (IMO) blatant holds by Fluker on Mario Williams. If Fluker gets beat inside, he often very briefly grabs and pulls the defender, changing the direction of their momentum. He is a good cheater.