33 Best pizza shops in America

Just Jack

A good example of how people are different because to me that's a big selling point.

Exactly. I love it and would kill to get something half as good in Binghamton. I don't think people would know what to do with pizzas that weigh 10 lbs. Because they're topped correctly. In these parts, people think dough with ketchup and cheez whiz is good 'za.

I often take a sheet home and vacuum wrap it, throw it in the deep freeze.

Edited by SmokinES3

I don't get that deep dish pizza. I don't even think it is in the pizza family. More of a lasagne.

I went to Lou Malnati's in Chicago a few years back. The friend I was visiting said it was the best deep dish pie in the city. I didn't really care for it. Maybe an aquired taste?

What about "stuffed pizza?" It probably garners the same reaction since it is even "deeper."

Now, on the other end of the spectrum, Chicago is known for its thin crust pizza. They do cover all the bases i guess.

The Robinsville, NJ one - PaPa's is near me. Never had it though, and their on the list because of their "tomato pie". Not sure if anyone outside of NJ has ever had one of these. It definitely is an acquired taste. About the only "topping" you can put on it is black olives. It's kind of like a deep dish, but it's definitely not Chicago style. Not my favorite, by a long shot.

I don't get that deep dish pizza. I don't even think it is in the pizza family. More of a lasagne.

I went to Lou Malnati's in Chicago a few years back. The friend I was visiting said it was the best deep dish pie in the city. I didn't really care for it. Maybe an aquired taste?

Amen....

You're supposed to be able to pick up a slice with your hand and eat it.

i recently discovered tomato pie and went in with serious doubts...crust? tomato sauce & parmesan? room temperature or cold? no frigging way....but for a quick bite it's surprisingly good. Would never rank it up there with a real pizza, but my opinion of it has been swayed

The Robinsville, NJ one - PaPa's is near me. Never had it though, and their on the list because of their "tomato pie". Not sure if anyone outside of NJ has ever had one of these. It definitely is an acquired taste. About the only "topping" you can put on it is black olives. It's kind of like a deep dish, but it's definitely not Chicago style. Not my favorite, by a long shot.

Amen....

You're supposed to be able to pick up a slice with your hand and eat it.

Then that's when you order the other pizza Chicago is famous for: Thin crust.

What seems to be the problem? People rag on deep dish like its the only pizza in town. Chicago pizza is not only defined by deep dish/stuffed. It is also famous for thin crust. Some places even break it down further into cracker crust. The one thing that does annoy me with the regular (thin) pizza in Chicago is the way they slice up the pie... They slice it not in pie shaped pieces but like a checkerboard. Each piece is a little square.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois