Trade Spiller?

rayray808

I like CJ, however were in a spot. CJ NEEDS space as he has issues running up the middle consistantly (however, he will break one once in a while). Freddie is much better up the gut but he is 33 (going on 28, so it seems).

So if you trade CJ, you now become one demential, and much easier to defend against.

I say we use CJ more in the receiving role (short quick screens/slants in space) with Freddie or a 2nd RB in the backfield as a duel backfield threat.

I just don’t see this as a simple fix, CJ is quality, but needs to be utilized properly (He is not a power back)

P.S. It would not hurt if our OL had a bit more attitude, like say, “Conrad Dobler”, I just don’t see it in them week to week.

Edited by Jackel_One

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the most a team would give for a guy that is under contract for 13 more games? My guess is not much..

I am definitely NOT for trading him, but when's the deadline for a trade and doing a renegotiated contract? I'd like the Bills to extend him, but no one has called to ask my opinion yet.

Edited by Augie

The value of a used car, er football player, drops dramatically after they've been around a few years. Spiller has been around and has tread ware and somewhat faulty handling. The BEST you'll likely get is a 3. Plus decent, starting running backs can be had with less than a first round pick. Richardson taught a lot of people a lesson.

The game he played awesome, fred was the starting Rb. Last sunday Spiller started. I commented last week that fj22 wore the defense down which led to cj exploding. Sure enough fj22 barely played And the bills got killed

A blind squirrel can gameplan for this team better

Edited by PO'14

There's already a thread about this. I'll restate here what I said there:

Trade him!

If these coaches are going to hand the ball off to him in that shotgun draw play and expect him to burst through the line to get yards then trade him now because that's not how you use him. He's probably the fastest RB in the league, you need to get him in space. Running him up the middle for 1-2 yards is a waste. If that is our offense then we have Fred and Booby and Brown that will all be more effective running that type of play. Spiller will never succeed in this offense and we can get another player that will fit what the coaches want to do. I think the coaches are idiots for not using Spiller's abilities but that's on them. It's like using a Ferrari to drive the kids to school. There's better options and if you aren't going to use it for what it was designed for then no use having it

keep wishing in one hand and crapping in the other.

Good RBs in the NFL don't need to rely on a 40 yard run a get to get their average per game up to 60.

Were giving excuses for him again. Now he's healthy but were blaming it on his line. QB play and OC.

Always something with him. Good players don't need excuses they are just good no matter what and elevate everyone around them.

Okay I vote you off the island.

Where do you people come up with this crap. Have you discussed this with Spiller. What did he say and how did he say it? Whose your source?

Listen, I am not CJ hater. I love his big plays, his unselfish team first attitude, and that he basically a really damn good guy. Class act. However, I do not think he fits the physical power running game offense the Bills are trying to build. But those are my thoughts. Here are the Bills' ACTIONS.

The Bills singed Bobby Dixon to a 3 year deal. I know his Special Teams are a focus but still gets 3rd string RB carries.

The Bills signed Fred Jackson to a deal that has him sined thru 2015.

The Bills reportedly tried to trade back into the 2nd round to select power-speed back Carlos Hyde.

After failing to get Hyde, the Bills traded a draft pick for power-speed back Bryce Brown.

During the preseason Doug Marrone states and paraphase, "no, I am not surprised by Bryce's performance. Most of the games I have seen him in, he is usually one of the most talented players on the field".

Bryce Brown is a healthy Inactive for the first 3 games.

Why do you trade for Bryce Brown and sit him on the bench? Sure, the Bills live to run the ball and they could be safe guarding just for depth for this year's run at the playoffs. That said I really believe they could be willing to trade him before the deadline or just not resign him unless it is for reasonable money this coming off season.

This is not "crap". Very real possibilities but we will see how it goes down.

Peace. Go Bills!

There's already a thread about this. I'll restate here what I said there:

Trade him!

If these coaches are going to hand the ball off to him in that shotgun draw play and expect him to burst through the line to get yards then trade him now because that's not how you use him. He's probably the fastest RB in the league, you need to get him in space. Running him up the middle for 1-2 yards is a waste. If that is our offense then we have Fred and Booby and Brown that will all be more effective running that type of play. Spiller will never succeed in this offense and we can get another player that will fit what the coaches want to do. I think the coaches are idiots for not using Spiller's abilities but that's on them. It's like using a Ferrari to drive the kids to school. There's better options and if you aren't going to use it for what it was designed for then no use having it

Agreed. Very good points about misuse. Put him in NO, Philly, possibly GB and he will be much better suited. He needs to be in a spread offense.

Remember we already traded our "best" WR b/c he did not for our offense. i

Okay I vote you off the island.

yeah. I know. It sicks to hear the truth and you can't say anything about it to make or sound better.

It's unfortunate for the CJ lovers. Here we are in week 3 and already making excuses for him again. He's healthy right now so the excuse must be that the OL sucks. Or EJ sucks. Blah, blah, blah. It's always something with this guy. How about he's just not a good football player. He's now been given the opportunity to secure his starting role for almost 4 and 1/4 seasons and he can't do it. When do the excises stop? When does everyone just realize he's just not that good? I'm guessing it'll never happen. 20 years from now well still be hearing from the appologists. I can hear it now... "If only 3 different coaches learned how to use CJ we would have been a playoff team. He had more potential than any RB I've ever seen, blah, blah, blah"

I've got news for everyone, NOT EVERY FAST PLAYER IS ACTUALLY GOOD!!! Dante Hall was never anything more than a kick returner, Roscoe Parrish sucked, Flash Glasswin can't stay healthy for more than 2 minutes.

yeah. I know. It sicks to hear the truth and you can't say anything about it to make or sound better.

It's unfortunate for the CJ lovers. Here we are in week 3 and already making excuses for him again. He's healthy right now so the excuse must be that the OL sucks. Or EJ sucks. Blah, blah, blah. It's always something with this guy. How about he's just not a good football player. He's now been given the opportunity to secure his starting role for almost 4 and 1/4 seasons and he can't do it. When do the excises stop? When does everyone just realize he's just not that good? I'm guessing it'll never happen. 20 years from now well still be hearing from the appologists. I can hear it now... "If only 3 different coaches learned how to use CJ we would have been a playoff team. He had more potential than any RB I've ever seen, blah, blah, blah"

I've got news for everyone, NOT EVERY FAST PLAYER IS ACTUALLY GOOD!!! Dante Hall was never anything more than a kick returner, Roscoe Parrish sucked, Flash Glasswin can't stay healthy for more than 2 minutes.

I hate it when you are right.... Will you just stop now? Every time I see you post on a CJ thread it reminds me how wrong I was... It hurts...

keep wishing in one hand and crapping in the other.

Good RBs in the NFL don't need to rely on a 40 yard run a get to get their average per game up to 60.

Were giving excuses for him again. Now he's healthy but were blaming it on his line. QB play and OC.

Always something with him. Good players don't need excuses they are just good no matter what and elevate everyone around them.

so whats your solution at RB? sounds like spiller is no good, freddy's 33, we're we

are mediocre at best at run blocking. who's the savior

CJ won't bring a 1st. Ergo, STILL no QB next year either. IMO, EVERY player on our roster -or any combo of players & picks should be on the table for ANY semi-proven vet QB who can HIT our receiving weapons in stride. I'm personally convinced we're ready to seriously contend for the 1st time this century, but won't break the 6-10 funk with our current signal callers. I've watched Orton's career -very streaky, but Streaky is an improvement.

Names? Eli, Cutler, Matty Ice, Palmer (Sr.), Locker.. Hell, Schawb, Tannehill, a CFL/IFL/Semi-pro who can -you know, throw accurately at times..

If player/picks are being considered as trade options @ OBD, it HAS to be for QB.

Well only 9 posts to see a Mod continue with his anti EJ/QB crusade on a thread that should have NOTHING to do with him!