Trade Spiller?

rayray808

At one time in the preseason I thought the Bills might be shopping CJ. When I heard that CJ wanted to talk to Byrd I thought, oh no, here we go again. But Bryce Brown seems stuck as a fourth stringer and CJ did not sign up with Byrd's agent, so at this point I think CJ will be staying here at least for the rest of the season.

No team is in a win now mode more than the Bills. Good chance the HC's job depends on it. They didn't get much for Lynch and it is doubtful they would get much for CJ. They won't get better in the short term by trading CJ, so I can't see them trading him.

I hope that the Pegulas will bring a different attitude towards resigning free agents and so I wouldn't consider past free agent situations a good indicator.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well only 9 posts to see a Mod continue with his anti EJ/QB crusade on a thread that should have NOTHING to do with him!

What is the difference exactly than some other guy incessantly posting about how CJ sucks or better yet Kyle Williams sucks on thread after thread multiple times for multiple seasons. and laughingly claiming to know football? Talk about old rehashed simplistic trash.

Getting the feeling that he won't resign here. So... let the trade options begin, granted the Trent Richardson deal may have spoiled the chances of getting a late 1st rounder.

Teams who need a RB who are in a "win now mode":

Teams who need a RB who are in "building mode":

Minnesota Vikings - trade for AP straight up? I would.

Oakland Raiders - MJD is gone, McFadden is on his way.

A) Do you think the trade will happen?

B) What scenario do you foresee?

again with this trade talk? Please say no.

AP may never play in the NFL again.

What pray tell will we get for him? Flaco?

yeah. I know. It sicks to hear the truth and you can't say anything about it to make or sound better.

It's unfortunate for the CJ lovers. Here we are in week 3 and already making excuses for him again. He's healthy right now so the excuse must be that the OL sucks. Or EJ sucks. Blah, blah, blah. It's always something with this guy. How about he's just not a good football player. He's now been given the opportunity to secure his starting role for almost 4 and 1/4 seasons and he can't do it. When do the excises stop? When does everyone just realize he's just not that good? I'm guessing it'll never happen. 20 years from now well still be hearing from the appologists. I can hear it now... "If only 3 different coaches learned how to use CJ we would have been a playoff team. He had more potential than any RB I've ever seen, blah, blah, blah"

I've got news for everyone, NOT EVERY FAST PLAYER IS ACTUALLY GOOD!!! Dante Hall was never anything more than a kick returner, Roscoe Parrish sucked, Flash Glasswin can't stay healthy for more than 2 minutes.

I'm not making excuses. I'm just saying that he has had two very good consecutive seasons and there's no reason to believe this season won't be good, too.

Factoring in his Special Teams play (but not included in the following stats), he's having a better season than Fred (which he has the past two seasons):

CJ

Rushing - 147

Receiving - 57

Total - 204

TD - 1

Fred

Rushing - 119

Receiving - 105

Total - 224

TD - 1

Pretty even. With his special teams contributions, CJ is having a better year. Again.

I hate it when you are right.... Will you just stop now? Every time I see you post on a CJ thread it reminds me how wrong I was... It hurts...

You're not wrong!

so whats your solution at RB? sounds like spiller is no good, freddy's 33, we're we

are mediocre at best at run blocking. who's the savior

your missing the point. He's actually doing the team harm by not doing his job running the football. This offense has been handcuffed by the fact that we can run the ball consistently. He is part of that. He has personally killed multiple drives already this season that I can think of.

The idea isn't about who were going to replace him with. He's actually hurting us at the RB position. So just take him out. Either of the other RBs will work fine and move the sticks forward.

What is the difference exactly than some other guy incessantly posting about how CJ sucks or better yet Kyle Williams sucks on thread after thread multiple times for multiple seasons. and laughingly claiming to know football? Talk about old rehashed simplistic trash.

yeah. Because CJs average of less than 50 yards a game so far this season is mind blowingly awesome.

Get lost BPA.

I'm not making excuses. I'm just saying that he has had two very good consecutive seasons and there's no reason to believe this season won't be good, too.

Factoring in his Special Teams play (but not included in the following stats), he's having a better season than Fred (which he has the past two seasons):

CJ

Rushing - 147

Receiving - 57

Total - 204

TD - 1

Fred

Rushing - 119

Receiving - 105

Total - 224

TD - 1

Pretty even. With his special teams contributions, CJ is having a better year. Again.

You're not wrong!

well. If you believe a sub 1,000 yard season is good then have at it. I personally 62.5 yards a game is pretty miserable.

Your points are incorrect about CJ being better than Fred so far this year. They are force feeding CJ the ball first of all and Freddy has had limited carries and opportunities to get in a groove.

37 attempts and 147 yards and a 4.0 avg. 7 receptions for 57 yards for 8.1 average. With a long of 47 yards.

Vs Freddy which is looking like 25 attempts for 119 yards and a 4.8 yard average. 13 receptions for 118 yards and 9.1 yard average. With a long of 38 yards.

If you really want to get crazy, we can factor in Dixons stats and he's at a whooping 7 attempts for 63 yards with a 9.0 yard average. His longest run is 47 yards.

So let's get back to how stats and average yards are more important. Freddy is averaging almost a full yard better in the ground in the run game. And a full yard better in the passing game. Dixon who has no receptions is hard to factor into the passing game but is carrying the ball an amazing 5 yards better than CJ.

I don't have the patience to look up first downs but I would bet my lunch that Fred and Dixon have picked up more of those as well. And CJ and Fred both have the same amount of TDs on offense.

Spiller has helped In the STs portion of the game. Really not that impressive actually. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Oh, and for the record, I didn't bring Fred Jackson into this conversation. You did. But thanks for proving me right with stats to back upy argument.

Have a nice day.

Like always and for [almost] every player, a good GM will listen to any offers that come in from other teams.

If there is a desperate team that needs Spiller for a SB run and they are willing to dig deep into their pockets to get him, maybe Whaley makes the deal.

Otherwise it is up to Whaley to determine if Spiller can be re-signed or not and act accordingly.

It is unlikely anyone here is privy to any of the information I outlined above, I certainly don't, so I can not even guess about Spillers future.

well. If you believe a sub 1,000 yard season is good then have at it. I personally 62.5 yards a game is pretty miserable.

Your points are incorrect about CJ being better than Fred so far this year. They are force feeding CJ the ball first of all and Freddy has had limited carries and opportunities to get in a groove.

37 attempts and 147 yards and a 4.0 avg. 7 receptions for 57 yards for 8.1 average. With a long of 47 yards.

Vs Freddy which is looking like 25 attempts for 119 yards and a 4.8 yard average. 13 receptions for 118 yards and 9.1 yard average. With a long of 38 yards.

If you really want to get crazy, we can factor in Dixons stats and he's at a whooping 7 attempts for 63 yards with a 9.0 yard average. His longest run is 47 yards.

So let's get back to how stats and average yards are more important. Freddy is averaging almost a full yard better in the ground in the run game. And a full yard better in the passing game. Dixon who has no receptions is hard to factor into the passing game but is carrying the ball an amazing 5 yards better than CJ.

I don't have the patience to look up first downs but I would bet my lunch that Fred and Dixon have picked up more of those as well. And CJ and Fred both have the same amount of TDs on offense.

Spiller has helped In the STs portion of the game. Really not that impressive actually. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Oh, and for the record, I didn't bring Fred Jackson into this conversation. You did. But thanks for proving me right with stats to back upy argument.

Have a nice day.

My stats backed up my argument. You said that RBs are for two things: running the ball and scoring TDs. I think Dixon and EJ have the only rushing TDs so far this season.

I do think that 933 yards, whilst sharing carries AND on a bum wheel, is a great season.

I also know that Spiller's YPC are the best on the team over the last two years.

In fact, Spiller's YPC are over a full yard better than Fred's over the past two full seasons.

I'm going to have a phenomenal day, man! I hope you do, too.

My stats backed up my argument. You said that RBs are for two things: running the ball and scoring TDs. I think Dixon and EJ have the only rushing TDs so far this season.

I do think that 933 yards, whilst sharing carries AND on a bum wheel, is a great season.

I also know that Spiller's YPC are the best on the team over the last two years.

In fact, Spiller's YPC are over a full yard better than Fred's over the past two full seasons.

I'm going to have a phenomenal day, man! I hope you do, too.

one day people want to argue averages. The next day they want to argue actual yards. It's hard to keep track of everyone in the CJ fan club.

Facts are facts. He's mediocre. He hasn't done anything special to speak of as far as numbers is concerned.

Love how you had to throw in the "bum wheel" excuse for last season. What's it going to be this season when he finishes healthy and still has a sub 1,000 yard season?

Excuses. Everyone has a list of them when it comes to CJ. Good Football players are just good. They play well in spite of their "excuses" they don't use them as reasons why they aren't good.

Keep thinking whatever you want man. I think he's average at best. Doesn't deserve any contract because he just hurts the team on offense. I'll be happy when he's gone.

one day people want to argue averages. The next day they want to argue actual yards. It's hard to keep track of everyone in the CJ fan club.

Facts are facts. He's mediocre. He hasn't done anything special to speak of as far as numbers is concerned.

Love how you had to throw in the "bum wheel" excuse for last season. What's it going to be this season when he finishes healthy and still has a sub 1,000 yard season?

Excuses. Everyone has a list of them when it comes to CJ. Good Football players are just good. They play well in spite of their "excuses" they don't use them as reasons why they aren't good.

Keep thinking whatever you want man. I think he's average at best. Doesn't deserve any contract because he just hurts the team on offense. I'll be happy when he's gone.

Mrags, CJ is better in both average and total yards. That's my point. He's been our best RB for the past two seasons and he's our best RB so far this season.

Now ... I'm not saying he's the next Barry Sanders. I'm saying he's the best the Bills have. Seeing how the Bills rushing offense has been among the league's best, it tells me that he's no slouch.

First, I would like the Bills to re-sign CJ. The problem with our running game is the guards not CJ or Fred. Both CJ and Fred are great teammates and it has already been posted how much CJ loves the team, the area, and the fans.

Second, how many trade CJ threads do we need? I have never been one of these thread nazis who take such great delight in closing down threads or writing this subject is already being discussed elsewhere and you should use your search function etc.

For whatever it is worth, it appears that the mods seem to be very quick in closing down some threads but, when it comes to the anti EJ threads or anti CJ threads (or even before that, for example, with what seemed like the almost daily get rid of Roscoe threads), they are not as quick.

The standard for closing down threads always has been rather subjective and amorphous to me.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Peter

Where do you people come up with this crap. Have you discussed this with Spiller. What did he say and how did he say it? Whose your source?

Great source, bet you get a lot of useful info there. Spiller likes it in Buffalo and wants to be part of the turnaround. Bills have already sat down with his new agent to talk long term contract. Does this mean he will definitely sign? No but it's a better indicator than your gut and the streets.

http://www.nfl.com/n...-about-contract

Sure it's a better indicator than his gut, but like you said, it's no indicator that he will resign with us. What's the deal with you asking if he discussed with Spiller or who his source is? He led off with "Getting the feeling that he won't resign here." He pretty much is telling us this is how HE FEELS about the Spiller situation, not that he spoke to anyone. Do we need a source now to voice our opinion here?! He didn't state anywhere that he had inside info or talked to anyone. Again, he is getting the feeling that he won't resign. By the way I'm getting the same feeling. Sorry no source, just my opinion. :doh:

Have a nice day.

I would worry about a sub 1,000 yard season IF CJ were the premier back. But he's not! He shares the load with eand Boobie now.

I'll take 70 from CJ, 70 from Fred and 30 from Boobie ALL DAY LONG.

I like this 3 headed monster

You would leave over CJ Spiller differences in opinion?

check ur pm

Mrags is leaving ??