Question...for those what have watched each game

TheBackupQB

EJ regressed yesterday. His pocket awareness was suspect. On the sack where he fumbled but they got it back he actually spun away from the defender but then headed right back into him. Crazy.

We are going to see two good games and one bad game from EJ this year i bet. Bills will have a great shot at victories when EJ plays good and will almost certainly lose when EJ plays bad. Is it all EJ's fault or credit? Not really, but it is what will happen.

The entire team yesterday except for a few guys looked ready to play.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't watch the game if you believe the OL played anything other than a miserable, terrible, no-good, awful game yesterday. From run blocking to pass blocking, the unit looked terrible. Especially Pears who is the worst thing unleashed on humanity since Ebola.

This is a little melodramatic. The line didn't play great but EJ had enough opportunities where he didn't face pressure and still made bad throws.

Edited by Talley56

it seems to like EJ's level of play is almost entirely dependent on the play of the offensive line. he's an average quarterback with good protection, and he falls apart when the defensive line is able to get in his face.

I'm not saying he played well yesterday, but "falls apart" seems like an overstatement. 23/39 for 238, 3 sacks, 1TD and no INTs is not playing very well, it is also not falling apart. Go watch Eli Manning have a bad game and talk to me about falling apart.

You Guys are way off.

The NFL leader in time on pocket is less than 3.5 seconds.

Watch the game and count to 3 on the passing plays.

EJ had more than enough time on passing plays to deliver the ball.

If you're actually open and honest about the play you'll see there was time to throw.

EJ couldn't stand and deliver.

The OLine was not good but it was run blocking where it was getting no push. Pass blocking it actually was doing C+ job.

This

I went back and watched the game again...couldn't believe in slow mo how many times the Bills DLine collapsed the pocket and I caught myself saying "I don't remember this sack" only not to see one because Rivers hung in and delivered a pass at the last second

EJ meanwhile panicked at the slightest whiff of Charger blue in his peripheral

we had soo much success with EJ rolling out the pocket in game one...it gave him time and options and it seem to frustrate the bears defense...why in the last two games we've gone away from it?

EJ rolled out of the pocket in both these games but in the initial one, made safe throws with time. Yesterday, he rolled out of the pocket when he was pressured and even when he could make safe throws he appeared panicky. This is a big problem with him, he seems to panic when "the plan" goes awry. But whether it's planned or under pressure, his passes are quite frequently not accurate. Many that are caught require adjustments or leaps by the receiver or are caught in a fashion that requires the receiver's stride to be broken or direction to be modified. He's a very inconsistent and mediocre quarterback who can't be taught accuracy, because it's not possible.

A few guys not being ready to play is too many.

1. Defensive pass coverage was bad, especially when (not) covering Green.

2. There were far too many plays where the SD defense had pressure on EJ from more than one angle, collapsing the pocket and giving him nowhere to escape to.

3. There were several routes where EJ obviously saw a blitz and tried to dump it to the hot receiver, only to have the hot receiver not looking.

4. E.J. also missed a few throws, and had a few missed opportunities to get first downs running.

I'm not saying he played well yesterday, but "falls apart" seems like an overstatement. 23/39 for 238, 3 sacks, 1TD and no INTs is not playing very well, it is also not falling apart. Go watch Eli Manning have a bad game and talk to me about falling apart.

Not sure about the ELI reference . good thing / bad thing

I think eli is a blownut.

I have real concern for Manuel and how he deals with pressure with the pocket collapsing. Thats takes time to develop. Bet he is watching tape on Rivers in his free time. I hope so. Kid looked like he wet himself to me .

But lets see what they bring next weekend

2-1 aint bad !

Edited by 3rdand12

Not sure about the ELI reference . good thing / bad thing

Yes, Eli is boom or bust or busted. He has won some games, he's also played some truly terrible games. EJ's performance doesn't put him in that conversation. He played a very conservative game, that's not the same as falling apart. Falling apart is getting sacked 7 times or throwing 4 interceptions, or throwing 5 interceptions with 3 sacks in the same game.

http://www.nfl.com/player/elimanning/2505996/gamelogs?season=2013

it seems to like EJ's level of play is almost entirely dependent on the play of the offensive line. he's an average quarterback with good protection, and he falls apart when the defensive line is able to get in his face.

That's pretty much the NFL in a nutshell. Don't ask me, ask Brady or Matt Ryan

This

I went back and watched the game again...couldn't believe in slow mo how many times the Bills DLine collapsed the pocket and I caught myself saying "I don't remember this sack" only not to see one because Rivers hung in and delivered a pass at the last second

Exactly. Rivers hung on till the last split second while EJ freaks out. But that's experience. Rivers has 10 years and EJ has 13 games. WIll he ever get it? I hope so but he is slow learning so far.

EJ regressed yesterday. His pocket awareness was suspect. On the sack where he fumbled but they got it back he actually spun away from the defender but then headed right back into him. Crazy.

We are going to see two good games and one bad game from EJ this year i bet. Bills will have a great shot at victories when EJ plays good and will almost certainly lose when EJ plays bad. Is it all EJ's fault or credit? Not really, but it is what will happen.

Exactly. People get too up and too down and have completely unrealistic expectations. EJ is a young QB, he's going to have bad throws and even bad games. It happens. ALL QBs (and players do), but especially 2nd year guys. It doesn't mean he's a bust. It's just the way it is.

Sammy will probably not set all the league's passing records this year either. I know its a shocker. But, that wouldn't mean he's a bust either.

A little melodramatic?

I compared Pears to Ebola.

well played :)

This

And that is the difference between the Best QB in the NFL that doesn't have a ring and whatever you want to call EJ.

If you swap Rivers for EJ on Sunday the Bills win 35 to 6.

Maybe one day the game can slow down for EJ the problem is this roster is built to win today.

But we all already know where the weak link is, it is just frustrating to watch the talent on the roster get squandered. The Bills will go as far as EJ takes them and even a blind man can see that likely isn't too far.

Joe Buscaglia ‏@JoeBuscaglia 21s

I'm through one half of the #Bills game and collectively I have the OL graded as a minus-11. Chargers DL dominated them.

No it wasn't.

Go back and watch the game. This just iosn't true with regard to the pass protection.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I could understand what I was watching. Thanks for the help, though.

You Guys are way off...

...The OLine was not good but it was run blocking where it was getting no push. Pass blocking it actually was doing C+ job.

Not to say I told you so, but I told you so. :beer: Go watch the film for yourselves. The line was awful. EJ was worse.