Sammy admitted to taking a play off in the 4th qtr

YoloinOhio

Absolutely the worst attitude a player can have, ESPECIALLY A ROOKIE who's done nothing. I'm glad he owned up to it but action is where it's at. He can own up all he wants, let's see if his attitude changes. The only way we'll now is if he starts leaving it all out on the field.

Wow.

We disagree on this, for sure. If Sammy takes a lick like ManuAl forced on Goodwin, we'll likely lose him for a loooong time. I hold fast to wise beyond his years.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the WR took the final drive off. They were jogging out there. It was understandable, game was over, but still not a good look

This was precluded by some head hanging and some dagger eyes at Manuel after WRs were seemingly open. Mike Williams clapping his hands " hey i am still open over here again . After the Goodwin hit which was clearly on EJ. I wouldn't kill myself for him.

I have concerns he may have lost some credibilty with his guys.

Watkins is fine , I think called out the team a little too ?

I remember that play and it looked like he just knocked it down with one hand. Smart play by him. He would have been killed on the play as deep defenders were rapidly closing in on him and he would have been hit harder than Goodwin's play. Would have had broken ribs for sure or worse.

This is serious concern .

I dont bash any players. well yes i do . But Manuel is freaking me out a little watching him yesterday.

He gets skittish and his brain stops working.

Wise beyond his years and, IMO, sends a message about the Receivers faith in Manual's accuracy..

ooh I did not see your tis as i am trying to catch up here.

Spot ON

Preach it !

i could not disagree more. He is playing his third game for a team that drafted him to make catches thrown to him. He didn't catch the ball because he wasn't where he was supposed to be on purpose. He owned up to it, but his job is to catch the ball. It doesn't send a message about anything other than he needs to run his whole route.

It was amazing how he threw himself the ball for 100+ yards though last week.

Its not a critcism on Sammy you know ? : )

It's significant because Watkins runs EVERY practice rep like it's his last. Few players have that kind of passion and work ethic. I'm hoping he was just realizing the game situation and decided to protect himself a bit given his injury. And let's face it, he has NOT been the same since sustaining that injury. But if it's an indication that he's lost faith in his QB, this season has the potential to go into the tank rather quickly.

While I appreciate Manuel's confidence in the face of a loss and the ability to put it aside and get ready for next week, I don't really like what he sounded like in his post game presser yesterday. Just once I'd like to hear him simply say he's pissed, and that he played poorly, and that when HE plays better, EVERYBODY will play better but that it has to start with him. He's almost too casual sounding. Raises a flag with me.

GO BILLS!!!

His throw would only get him killed if he didn't run his route. He didn't run his route. How is it a sign that EJ's throw in itself was going to get him killed. Because his previous throw to Goodwin resulted in Goodwin taking a big hit? I expect more from the #1WR. Jmo.

Because its not the only one he has thrown into danger. Regardless of Sammys effort

anyone else notice the play to the endzone early on he didn't go up at all for? nearly picked and he just stayed planted as the cb leaped for it and got in front of him....also didn't dive for the low pass, later didn't even look for the crossing route on 4rth down, then the admitted garbage time play....I don't care about the last one but the early ones really cost us, that was 2 drives that didn't get extended and a missed TD.

Ding ding ding. I stated this in another thread. I like Sammy, his work ethic by all accounts is awesome but as much as people want to blame EJ, Watkins really made this team worse yesterday.

He seemed scared out there. And I couldn't care less if he was scared because of EJs throws. The Bills invested quite a lot in Watkins and he's been widely touted, he needs to act like a professional. When he gets to be a top tier WR and he takes a play off here or there I'll be a little less hard on him but again, he's got an awful lot to prove. I really like him and loved the pick but one thing I won't be okay with is lack of effort. I'm hoping the coaches feel the same, I hope he apologizes to the team in a meeting and I hope he spends more time with Fred Jackson, who plays his heart out regardless of the score or injury.

It's significant because Watkins runs EVERY practice rep like it's his last. Few players have that kind of passion and work ethic. I'm hoping he was just realizing the game situation and decided to protect himself a bit given his injury. And let's face it, he has NOT been the same since sustaining that injury. But if it's an indication that he's lost faith in his QB, this season has the potential to go into the tank rather quickly.

While I appreciate Manuel's confidence in the face of a loss and the ability to put it aside and get ready for next week, I don't really like what he sounded like in his post game presser yesterday. Just once I'd like to hear him simply say he's pissed, and that he played poorly, and that when HE plays better, EVERYBODY will play better but that it has to start with him. He's almost too casual sounding. Raises a flag with me.

GO BILLS!!!

You noticed the presser too ?

I just read it . And it doesn't sound right to me . I will have to watch it now. He should be a bit pissed at himself don't we think ?

of course they all should right down to coaching

Flag raised sir.

Ding ding ding. I stated this in another thread. I like Sammy, his work ethic by all accounts is awesome but as much as people want to blame EJ, Watkins really made this team worse yesterday.

He seemed scared out there. And I couldn't care less if he was scared because of EJs throws. The Bills invested quite a lot in Watkins and he's been widely touted, he needs to act like a professional. When he gets to be a top tier WR and he takes a play off here or there I'll be a little less hard on him but again, he's got an awful lot to prove. I really like him and loved the pick but one thing I won't be okay with is lack of effort. I'm hoping the coaches feel the same, I hope he apologizes to the team in a meeting and I hope he spends more time with Fred Jackson, who plays his heart out regardless of the score or injury.

he was ascared of Weddle and his beard.

The dude was hitting hard all over the place

Anyone else notice Woods' reaction on that throwaway to the flat? I believe it was the 3rd quarter. He was wide open and EJ threw it away 10 feet above his head while seemingly looking right at him. Wood's has had quite a few of those WTF reactions thru 3 games. I see why there was a little issue in TC. Any thoughts? It's been obvious to me at least 3 times thus far.

Edited by SmokinES3

Decker just went up between 3 defenders closing in, got a high ball, took a heck of a shot, and came down with the catch. Popped right up, ready for the next play.

If our guys can't do this because of a nagging injury, sit them.

If our guys won't do this, then sit them as well.

No excuses for not even trying to do your job. And I cant believe anyone here would excuse a lack of effort just so they can take another opportunity to kick our QB when he is down.

Edited by DrDareustein

Anyone else notice Woods' reaction on that throwaway to the flat? I believe it was the 3rd quarter. He was wide open and EJ threw it away 10 feet above his head while seemingly looking right at him. Wood's has had quite a few of those WTF reactions thru 3 games. I see why there was a little issue in TC. Any thoughts? It's been obvious to me at least 3 times thus far.

Wasn't he rumored to be one of the anti-Ej crowd at the end of the season?

I thought that by the 4th quarter all of the WRs had quit on EJ. Mostly because EJ sucked so bad. Woods never even bothered to look for the ball thrown a foot or two above his head. He was 15 yards past the line and knew EJ never throws it that far so why bother even looking for it? EJ threw a couple more late in the game 15 to 20 yards deep but the throws were so far off target it was ridiculous.

Hogan, Goodwin and Williams get the Casper award, not Dave, Casper the Ghost Award because they are invisible and don't scare anyone. Why bother even playing these guys in the preseason if you never use them in the regular season?

Our best hope for the season if for EJ to get hurt because Marone will never admit this mistake until the season is shot to hell.

That was one of the rumors for why Woods was demoted, allegedly he called EJ out in front of the whole locker room. But I don't think that was ever confirmed as anything more than talk.

I never, ever saw this. Seems irresponsible to spread it if there is no source, no?

Only because you know people here will run with this.

EJ's inaccuracies have left these guys out to dry on more than a few occasions. Of course there was the Goodwin throw but also a few that Woods leaped for leaving himself vulnerable and I can recall one where Watkins short armed it rather than try and go for it and get hit. I wonder if the WR's are getting sick of the ball placement on these throws? I wonder if they will lose trust in EJ if he has another bad game on Sunday. Kyle Orton isn't getting paid $5 million to sit on the bench all season so it's only a matter of time

Watkins looked lost and confused yesterday from what I saw. He looked disoriented.

I'm not giving him a pass, he's a rookie and he's accomplished absolutely nothing in this league. He should be out there busting his ass on every play. He's not Randy Moss, he's not Megatron, he's not anybody special... YET. He's earned no right to take plays off. I didn't see Fred taking plays off at the end of the game. That attitude is infectious, if he wants to be a leader he needs to start acting like one. I hope Fred and Wood pull this kid aside and give him a verbal ass whooping.

BTW it's his JOB to catch passes and he gets payed nicely to do his job, and when he doesn't do his job he has 53 guys to let down. I could care less if the pass was inaccurate. YOU PLAY BALL, people are counting on you. People that bust their ass.

I can get on board with this sentiment. I understand what you are saying. I dont think he deserves a verbal ass kicking but I do think he needs to step up. He admitted it now lets see if it happens again. Im sitting here watching the Miami game again. And I completely see where they lost the charger game. This team against the dolphins was pumped. They were electrified. They were ALL flat against the chargers. I think the game plan was lacking on both sides of the ball. I mention this to say that they all took plays off on Sunday. And it was obvious.

no. There was a rumor that said something in front of the team at TC that got him benched for the 1st qtr of the HOF game.

I thought that by the 4th quarter all of the WRs had quit on EJ. Mostly because EJ sucked so bad. Woods never even bothered to look for the ball thrown a foot or two above his head. He was 15 yards past the line and knew EJ never throws it that far so why bother even looking for it? EJ threw a couple more late in the game 15 to 20 yards deep but the throws were so far off target it was ridiculous.

Hogan, Goodwin and Williams get the Casper award, not Dave, Casper the Ghost Award because they are invisible and don't scare anyone. Why bother even playing these guys in the preseason if you never use them in the regular season?

Our best hope for the season if for EJ to get hurt because Marone will never admit this mistake until the season is shot to hell.

Cool story, bro. :thumbdown:

Decker just went up between 3 defenders closing in, got a high ball, took a heck of a shot, and came down with the catch. Popped right up, ready for the next play.

If our guys can't do this because of a nagging injury, sit them.

If our guys won't do this, then sit them as well.

No excuses for not even trying to do your job. And I cant believe anyone here would excuse a lack of effort just so they can take another opportunity to kick our QB when he is down.

To your point. I think we have guys.... namely M Williams and R Woods that like the contact. Add just need all to buy in abd get physical.

Edited by Agent 91

Yes. And reportedly that's why Marrone didn't start him in some pre-season games as I recall.

But with 3 games complete, I think we're seeing why Woods had that attitude with Manuel. The guy makes their lives incredibly difficult and they're bailing him out more often than not.

EJ needs to get some accuracy or else those guys are going to be more public in their demand for a change.