Bills Cornerbacks are terrible.

I think our corners are fine.

Graham is impressive. Mckelvin is a competent 2. Robey is a great nickel.

Gilmore is puzzling. Supposedly, he shuts guys down. I have never seen the guy come close to making a game changing play (never recall him ever making an interception even). But as long as he is decent, then we are fine.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilmore sucks. I can't understand why we always hear this "he's a shutdown corner" stuff from even the national media. These fools must not watch the games because I just can't ever recall thinking "yup that's why we picked this guy". I kept holding out hope he would smack us in the face with some great play but it's obviously not in the cards.

I keep hoping he might live up to the hype. My theory is that the coaches like him, especially in his rookie season so when the TV people spoke to coaches in their pre game visits Gilmore was always touted. From there a reality was created

Gilmore sucks. I can't understand why we always hear this "he's a shutdown corner" stuff from even the national media. These fools must not watch the games because I just can't ever recall thinking "yup that's why we picked this guy". I kept holding out hope he would smack us in the face with some great play but it's obviously not in the cards.

I keep hoping he might live up to the hype. My theory is that the coaches like him, especially in his rookie season so when the TV people spoke to coaches in their pre game visits Gilmore was always touted. From there a reality was created

San Diego is a great team. Great DB's give up plays all the time in this league. The rules are too one sided. DB's need a pass rush and there was none today.

"Those little chargers" were even putting up numbers on Sherman last week. Rivers and his guys are good players. We've also faced a bears team that's elite outside.

Gilmore is puzzling. Supposedly, he shuts guys down. I have never seen the guy come close to making a game changing play (never recall him ever making an interception even). But as long as he is decent, then we are fine.

He has 3 ints - but I don't know that's his game. Even in college he never had more than 3 in a season.

Waney 2.0. No pass rush, rarely blitzed very basic defense. Man coverage is not our strength. We were a "read and react" dumpster fire of a defense. I hate to say it but Preston brown reminded me of kelvin Shepard and I wish we didn't take Spikes out so much either, atleast he can get his hand on the ball sometimes. Gilmore was better than McLovin or Roby today. I think Graham will start over Leodis from know on (after they watch the tape).

It wasn't great but they did hold Allen & Gates to 3 catches. If you told me before the game that we were going to make Floyd & Royal beat is, I would have taken it.

There's still a lot of room for improvement (especially 3rd downs) but it was god awful like some folks are making out.

A really good qb made some great throws. Because I don't see him much, I underestimate Rivers. IMO, he is looking like one of the best Qbs in the NFL right now.

With the exception of Corey Graham who has been terrific, we do not have a viable CB opposite of him. McKelvin is getting torched again for big plays, Gilmore is a holding machine, average in coverage and atrocious in the open field. I like Robey, great tackler/playmaker but overall his size is a concern. Brooks is simply depth.

Was Graham hurt today? Didn't see him much out there.

Yeahj, they are awful. Gillmore has been a HUGE disappointment.

And blitz more so our DBs don't have to be locked on for so long.

might as well use a CB blitz. Because they can't cover anyone anyway.

Is this the same San Diego team that made Richard Sherman look like just a guy last week? Because I'm pretty sure it is. I think the Chargers are better than people realize and the CBs are going to be fine.

Gillmore and McKelvin have had a few bad games. McKelvin can be counted on this year to get beat by his guy, and then commit a high school mistake of attempting to bat the ball away w/o looking for it while running into the WR. PI call every time.

I watched the corners the whole game. They rotated time.....Gilmore was bad, can't tackle, especially on the run. McKelvin does tackle OK....Graham rotated in id 2 d qrt, and played the rest of the game. Yes, they got beat long....the CB's weren't the whole problem.......Graham at safety when Williams went out...so, all 3 CB's on the field then.

I watched the corners too. The pick plays killed us.

And Gilmore was a liabilty . That was just horrible Like he unsure where to go especially on the run.

aarghh !

I am not writing them all off. This one might be on Schwartz actually

"Those little chargers" were even putting up numbers on Sherman last week. Rivers and his guys are good players. We've also faced a bears team that's elite outside.

He has 3 ints - but I don't know that's his game. Even in college he never had more than 3 in a season.

Putting up numbers? 50, 60 yards. Ok. BTW the DB's did not play well against the Bears with the exception of Corey Graham who was outstanding.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I am going to go with this. ^

I was surprised that Brooks played OK. He has been my whipping boy for quite awhile. Nice bit hit had me cheering

Our corners played bad, but they need some help. They are left in coverage for too long when we dont get pressure on the QB. How about a few blitzes mixed in Schwartz? I will say that Gilmore lacks some basic fundamentals.

Could poor technique be a reason why he is always banged up? How do you miss a tackle, grab a face mask and get injured all in the same play?

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I agree.

To reiterate, Rivers and SD's passing game in general are very good. He completed 70 percent of his passes last year and threw 32 TDs. The SD offense finished fifth overall too. It was never going to be a good matchup.

I agree.

To reiterate, Rivers and SD's passing game in general are very good. He completed 70 percent of his passes last year and threw 32 TDs. The SD offense finished fifth overall too. It was never going to be a good matchup.

Besides Graham, McKelvin and Gilmore have been exposed in every game so far. It's just not the SD game.

I am officially now in the Gilmore Sucks club. I was giving him a pass because of his injuries and such but not anymore. The guy couldn't tackle his grandmother not to mention cover her. He is a liability against the run. All he does is slow them down until help arrives.