Bills Cornerbacks are terrible.

With the exception of Corey Graham who has been terrific, we do not have a viable CB opposite of him. McKelvin is getting torched again for big plays, Gilmore is a holding machine, average in coverage and atrocious in the open field. I like Robey, great tackler/playmaker but overall his size is a concern. Brooks is simply depth.

Was Graham hurt today? Didn't see him much out there.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the exception of Corey Graham who has been terrific, we do not have a viable CB opposite of him. McKelvin is getting torched again, Gilmore is a holding machine, average in coverage, atrocious in the open field. I like Robey, great tackler/playmaker but overall his size is a concern. Brooks is simply depth.

Was Graham hurt today? Didn't see him much out there.

He played some but you didn't notice him because he wasn't thrown to often.

Robey missed time and Brooks came in to play. I don't know how much time was missed, it was in the 3rd.

I would like to know if Robey was benched or if they just swapped him out because he was way outsized today. Brooks looked OK today. Made at least one good hit.

Gilmore and McKelvin have been lousy this year. They better get it together.

I would like to know if Robey was benched or if they just swapped him out because he was way outsized today. Brooks looked OK today. Made at least one good hit.

Gilmore and McKelvin have been lousy this year. They better get it together.

McKelvin has been terrible pretty much his entire career and Gilmore has been simply average and starting off the 2014 year in an atrocious fashion. These guys need to pick up their game big time.

Gilmore has always been "the comer," except there's a point where you become "the loser." The way he's (not) playing, he's clearly reached that point. Oh, this will draw the response that "he"s still young" and whatever. But either you've got it or you don't; he appears to be the latter. McKelvin had one flash in the pan season and now he's back to being terrible and a liability on defense.

Graham did get hurt in the first half but came back. Yes, he's the only corner playing anywhere near decent ball. We need to look for another free agent next year or find a top notch corner who falls to number 2, unless a top notch quarterback falls that far.

McKelvin has been terrible pretty much his entire career and Gilmore has been simply average and starting off the 2014 year in an atrocious fashion. These guys need to pick up their game big time.

Worst unit on the field: Giving up big plays all day.

http://www.billsdaily.com/gameday/2014/sd/grades.shtml

Goats

• Stephon Gilmore - Missed a handful of tackles in the game.
  • Nickell Robey - Was beaten for a couple of big plays early before heading to the bench.
  • Leodis McKelvin - Was beaten for a long play and was late in coverage on several occasions

I watched the corners the whole game. They rotated time.....Gilmore was bad, can't tackle, especially on the run. McKelvin does tackle OK....Graham rotated in id 2 d qrt, and played the rest of the game. Yes, they got beat long....the CB's weren't the whole problem.......Graham at safety when Williams went out...so, all 3 CB's on the field then.

San Diego is a good team on offense no doubt. But the Bills secondary didn't show up like they should have today....Embarrassing...Gilmore flat out sucked. The score could have been a lot worse. San Diego took it easy on us late in the game. They could have put up one or two more TD's in my opinion. Of course the penalties sure helped them when throwing deep. Wonder why the Bills didn't do more of that.....

Losing patience with Gilmore especially. He's healthy so what's the excuse? He looked extremely slow out there, both in pass coverage and pursuing runs. Everyone was running by and away from him. I don't think his heart is in it.

I don't know what that excuse is either but I would describe his play in the open field as very soft against the run and pass. What I saw in coverage today was just merely average, replacement level type play.

Each year in the league he has been horrible early on in the season. So who knows.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Gilmore sucks. I can't understand why we always hear this "he's a shutdown corner" stuff from even the national media. These fools must not watch the games because I just can't ever recall thinking "yup that's why we picked this guy". I kept holding out hope he would smack us in the face with some great play but it's obviously not in the cards.

I have been preaching this the passed two seasons. Leodis is simply terrible. Yes, he had 13 tackles against the Bears, but 12 of them were after the guy he was covering made a catch and he finally makes the tackle. He plays chase every game, and gets lit up every game.

As for Gilmore, he has shown nothing to warrant the high pick that was used on him, another one of Buddy's great choices. Nix and his scouting department did nothing to improve this team.