1. 1. Who should start next week?

• EJ Manuel
    • Kyle Orton

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

then the rest of the team needs to play like it too. There was no shortage of players who did not play well today. There is a lot of talent, but they need to step it way up in several areas. This was a very good team but it was a winnable game had they played to their potential.

They did play like. The defense held the Chargers to 20 points its a home game and they played us for the run nearly the entire game . What does that leave ? It means the QB has go to make some throws and while I voted to keep EJ in he has got to start making those throws .

If you cant make those throws you wont be in the NFL long . The Texans and the Lions will do the same thing the Chargers did until EJ makes them think twice

So the choice is between a QB who was never good enough to be considered a "has been" and a never will be.

Hell, Trent Edwards showed more than EJ. Fitz showed more than EJ. Give him as much time as you want. I've seen all I need to. He is NOT an NFL QB.

If EJ plays scared and shaky again during the first half and we are down, then yes, orton needs to play. We can't lose to houston. If we are going to have a shot at a wild card, we have to beat teams like houston. I expect fitz to tear us up though. He used to put together a random good game here and there with us and he is going to be ready to go next week. We have decent wide receivers and they have to be involved. If EJ refuses to look for them again, he needs to sit down for the rest of the game.

If EJ plays scared and shaky again during the first half and we are down, then yes, orton needs to play. We can't lose to houston. If we are going to have a shot at a wild card, we have to beat teams like houston. I expect fitz to tear us up though. He used to put together a random good game here and there with us and he is going to be ready to go next week. We have decent wide receivers and they have to be involved. If EJ refuses to look for them again, he needs to sit down for the rest of the game.

A good kid with good character and that says a lot but I just think with this Clemson duo on the field this offense should be able to put points up and I see the biggest problem is EJ. For us to win games with EJ the defense has to play lights out every game.

Edited by seq004

Can somebody tell me exactly why Orton is so much better than EJ...I mean an actual fact based response...

Orton is a passer PERIOD and much better at right now then EJ is . He can make that back shoulder and seam throws and make the pocket throw between the safety and the Corner down the sideline . If we were to insert Orton we would immediately become a playaction big play stretch the field type of offense .

With that being said you have to stay with EJ now but that 2-1 can quickly become 3-2 on the road the next two weeks. Just like with any other position plays are on the field to be made and if EJ cant make them consistently enough you cant just give away games . Now he gets a chance to grow in the next two games as these teams will use the same strategy as the Chargers.

I'd say after today EJ's on notice. Some of those off target throws were just egregious... But since I've seen him be accurate and decisive enough in the past I know the potential is there so I'm not ready to pull the plug next week .The thing that made me lose confidence... And I'm sure his teammates did too .. Was the final drive . No sense of urgency, dumping it off. ., gutless... Throwing it out of bounds on last play..He could have salvaged some respect by at least trying to go deep and take chances but he didn 't ... And i'm hoping it doesn't.. But I have a feeling that last drive is going to haunt him because he may have lost the team and fanbase right there

What is the supposed strategy the Chargers used? A find it a disturbing trend on TBD, that somehow all our QBs have a flaw & they are exposed at the first loss. Trent Edwards isn't even in EJ Manuel's category on any statistical level. I will gladly run the numbers & show you EJ is better than Orton, Fitz, or Edwards.

This season is all about the development of Manuel. We have gone 6-10 forever. Let the kid finish the season before declaring him a bust.

By the way how did Rodgers play today? Only 7 points? blame EVERYONE but Mr. discount double-check.

Edited by Dean Cain

I'd say after today EJ's on notice. Some of those off target throws were just egregious... But since I've seen him be accurate and decisive enough in the past I know the potential is there so I'm not ready to pull the plug next week .The thing that made me lose confidence... And I'm sure his teammates did too .. Was the final drive . No sense of urgency, dumping it off. ., gutless... Throwing it out of bounds on last play..He could have salvaged some respect by at least trying to go deep and take chances but he didn 't ... And i'm hoping it doesn't.. But I have a feeling that last drive is going to haunt him because he may have lost the team and fanbase right there

How about his scramble when he slid 2 yards before the first down marker fairly late in the game? That was it for me. It would be nice to see him play with a little more fire than that once and a while. That was such a soft play by our "big, strong qb." He easily would have had a first if he simply dove or took the hit. That made me think that he is still thinking about last year's injuries to me. Bad stuff.

Stage 2... Anger.

:lol:

To update, Orton's career qb rating 79.9. EJ's career qb rating is 80.1.

EJ has a ton of room for improvement. But that's why it's insane to bench him for Orton. His basement is Orton's ceiling.

EJ's basement probably doesn't have as much alcohol as Orton's first floor. BTW, does EJ even know what Jack Daniels is?