Rob Bironas, former Titan kicker, killed in car crash

Just Jack

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was released and a free agent right? Maybe it was a Justin Strelczyk type of thing? A lot of players have a tough time adjusting to life once football is over. BTW, I graduated with JS... Was in a few classes too @ WSW... Played football on the same team too @ WSW. He was a WR, tall and skinny and then went onto University of Maine where he came out an offensive lineman... Like WTF is up with that transformation? Such a sad story if something similar was happening w/Baronas (bi-polar, paranoid, etc...).

I am not sure where the other thread went to also?

We can never have a normal football season. If it isn't something like this, it is players beating girls, players beating kids, Players killing people, players killing dogs, players putting bounties on other players..... good grief. Not to mention spygate. These stories shadow over any real football stuff, it is a downer every season.

We can never have a normal football season. If it isn't something like this, it is players beating girls, players beating kids, Players killing people, players killing dogs, players putting bounties on other players..... good grief. Not to mention spygate. These stories shadow over any real football stuff, it is a downer every season.

I hear what you are saying and agree. Yet, there are over 1500 players on NFL Rosters. Players from all different walks of life/situations not to mention in a very violent and competitive game where millions are hanging their every move. Something is bound to happen. I don't think it can ever be perfect yet I hope all the drama dies down!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This is happening all around you everyday. Just watch your local news. Let's not pretend like it is only happening with NFL players.

This is happening all around you everyday. Just watch your local news. Let's not pretend like it is only happening with NFL players.

While this is true, there is another element that the average idiot on the street doesn't have. And this is the case for all professional sports and celebrities. It's massive amounts of cash in the hands of those who haven't had to live in the same "world" as the average joe. Then these folks are treated like and viewed as royalty through the media and fans. I always laugh inside when I see players and coaches in press conferences, dressed in suits, mics and cameras hanging on their every word....like they just signed a peace treaty or saved a village from a massive catastrophe.

The ratio here doesn't jive with the rest of the world. 8 out of 1660 is still a pretty high number for criminal behavior within a specific group

Edited by UncleMonkeyHead

Really? You kept thinking about all of these things while you were trying to enjoy all of that football this weekend? Not me.

competitive game where millions are hanging their every move.

I didn't get that impression watching the Bills play Sunday...

sounds like a road rage incident. guy got mad, was driving an SUV too fast, lost control and flipped it. did the guy have a temper? on drugs? depressed? i'm sure more details will come out soon

No, it sounds like he was nuts. More like Justin S. as EII mentioned.

I'm sure he'll test positive for CTE even though he was only a kicker, since nobody in history has ever tested negative!