SD win was impressive last week but weather had plenty to do with it

I agree the weather had an impact on the outcome of the SD - SEA game. Wasn't the complete reason, but a reason.

That said, considering that SD played the World Champs and won + 120 degree heat + the SEA was the second straight very physical game SD played + traveling East + BUF - SD Start time of 1:00PM. Those things add up and will help the Bills. I am trending towards BUF pulling out a close victory.

I was thinking they were saving Marshawn to come out and pound San Diego after getting hot and tired in the first half. I think he didn't play much because he couldn't handle the heat.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually dont agree with this

People acclimate to the place they are living in......when I was stationed in CA and moved to Cape Cod......I was freezing my butt off for a while but aclimated.....then was fine...then I moved back to Southern California and was sick on some days because of the heat...then aclimated and I was fine

You were freezing on Cape Cod in the summer? Why is that?

I'm sorry, buddy, but this is false.

Find a SUNY Fredonia freshmen who grew up in Arizona and ask him/her how they're feeling around the first of November.

Well this game was played in the Summer, so I'm not sure why that would matter.

Also, what do we make of the Arizona Cardinals? Play in a town where they have the hottest evg temps in summer, yet they play indoors. Do they have trouble acclimating to the heat of hot outdoor stadiums, or does their trips to the mall and hanging out by the pool acclimate them to the oppressive heat enough to protect them from this phenomenon?

Edited by Mr. WEO

Sometimes your defense spends 42:00 minutes on the field in 120 degree heat, oh wait that almost never happens.

it wouldn't have mattered if it was 2 degrees. You control the ball for 42:00 minutes you should in win any conditions. Oh wait...The Chargers have to fly all the way to Buffalo. We'll win easily

it wouldn't have mattered if it was 2 degrees. You control the ball for 42:00 minutes you should in win any conditions. Oh wait...The Chargers have to fly all the way to Buffalo. We'll win easily

I wouldn't dismiss the fact though that the Chargers played a physical game in the opener, played the world champs on a short week where the temperatures were sweltering & about 30 degrees above normal of what San Diego usually gets this time of year & now have to fly 2500 miles across the country for an early 1pm start(10am local time). I am not saying the Bills are going to win but this should give them at least a bit of an advantage.

In other thoughts, what is going on with the temperatures out west. I always thought San Diego's claim to fame is that they have the perfect moderate temperatures, never too hot, never too cold, mid 70's I thought was the norm there. I was watching Michigan St/Oregon a few weeks ago which was played in Eugene & the temp there was 100 degrees. I thought it was literally impossible to get that hot there. It is kind of weird isn't?

Speaking of weather and SD, conditions are looking pretty good. Rainy, windy, and in the 60s. How does that affect people from where and why?

Depends on who loses. If SD loses, it will be because they had to play across 3 times zones and in the rainy weather. If Bills lose, it is because 'they are who we thought they were'.

Depends on who loses. If SD loses, it will be because they had to play across 3 times zones and in the rainy weather. If Bills lose, it is because 'they are who we thought they were'.

I am probably a homer, but if we lose, I don't see it as that. I know the media would. I see it as losing to a really good team and moving on. Would suck and could have playoff implications, but that's how it goes.

I am probably a homer, but if we lose, I don't see it as that. I know the media would. I see it as losing to a really good team and moving on. Would suck and could have playoff implications, but that's how it goes.

Finally, someone using logic.

I wouldn't dismiss the fact though that the Chargers played a physical game in the opener, played the world champs on a short week where the temperatures were sweltering & about 30 degrees above normal of what San Diego usually gets this time of year & now have to fly 2500 miles across the country for an early 1pm start(10am local time). I am not saying the Bills are going to win but this should give them at least a bit of an advantage.

In other thoughts, what is going on with the temperatures out west. I always thought San Diego's claim to fame is that they have the perfect moderate temperatures, never too hot, never too cold, mid 70's I thought was the norm there. I was watching Michigan St/Oregon a few weeks ago which was played in Eugene & the temp there was 100 degrees. I thought it was literally impossible to get that hot there. It is kind of weird isn't?

What do you think the players have done all week? Hour or 2 of practice on 3 days this week and what else? Maybe resting and hanging out at home? These guys don't have jobs to go to. They have a whole week to prepare and rest. A 5 hour chartered flight is not going to tire them out.

What do you think the players have done all week? Hour or 2 of practice on 3 days this week and what else? Maybe resting and hanging out at home? These guys don't have jobs to go to. They have a whole week to prepare and rest. A 5 hour chartered flight is not going to tire them out.

Jet lag ?? 5 hour flight ? Is SD flying a chartered plane with a non-stop 5 hour flight or is it like 9 hours ??

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

I bet their arms will be tired. I thank you!

It's called climate change. I live in Phoenix, we usually get a couple inches of rain a year. We have had about 3 storms in the last month that were 2-4 inches each time. It's crazy.

Jet lag ?? 5 hour flight ? Is SD flying a chartered plane ?

is this a serious question? if so, yes. All NFL teams fly chartered flights. You think teams fly commercial, wait in line at security, check their luggage.............get bumped on an overbooked flight

I bet their arms will be tired. I thank you!

It's called climate change. I live in Phoenix, we usually get a couple inches of rain a year. We have had about 3 storms in the last month that were 2-4 inches each time. It's crazy.

Do you have a bunch of new flowers growing or anything out of the ordinary that's stuck around thanks to all the rain ? Or did it all just burn & go away after it rained ?

is this a serious question? if so, yes. All NFL teams fly chartered flights. You think teams fly commercial, wait in line at security, check their luggage.............get bumped on an overbooked flight

Do they fly directly across the country non-stop ? That's what I'm really asking, is it a 5 hour chartered flight or is it a 9 hour flight ?

Do you have a bunch of new flowers growing or anything out of the ordinary that's stuck around thanks to all the rain ? Or did it all just burn & go away after it rained ?

Do they fly directly across the country non-stop ? That's what I'm really asking, is it a 5 hour chartered flight or is it a 9 hour flight ?

I think a stop in Chicago and then Atlanta. They arrive in Buffalo about 9am Sunday and go right to the stadium. Hopefully there is snack on board or they'll be hungry and tired.

Edited by nucci