Week 3 predictions: Chargers @ Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict pain. This team hits hard, in a fundamentally sound, clean way.

I predict Chandler gets 2 penalties on pick plays.

I think Sammy is contained a bit and some of his yards go to Woods and Williams. EJ has a similar day, 200-ish yards. Solid but not enough.

I think Rivers has a big day, the D is one step late most of the day, and we lose by 10.

Disclaimer: I know next to nothing about football.

kj

I was a bit overzealous in last week's 64-3 prediction, but it would have been closer with better red zone production.

That said, it appears the Bills are primed to win a close, hard fought battle against one of their original AFL brethren.

Should come down to the opening kickoff...after that the outcome will no longer be in doubt.

Bills 72, Bolts 6

And to The Senator I say...

19-0, Babiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Trends that matter:

Buffalo is 8-2 ATS in its last 10 home games. The Bills, though, are 2-22 ATS in games following a win over Miami since 1997.

San Diego is 5-0 ATS in its last five road games. The UNDER is 4-0 in its last four away. The Chargers, though, are 1-8 ATS in their last nine road games against AFC East opponents.

Trends that matter:

Buffalo is 8-2 ATS in its last 10 home games. The Bills, though, are 2-22 ATS in games following a win over Miami since 1997.

San Diego is 5-0 ATS in its last five road games. The UNDER is 4-0 in its last four away. The Chargers, though, are 1-8 ATS in their last nine road games against AFC East opponents.

That's the biggest key right there -- speaks directly to East Coast road trip woes for West Coast teams.

These guys are doing it again......

How could these guys be so out of touch and not know what the game at the Ralph meant to this team and the city going into last Sunday? I mean, it should have been a landslide of Bills picks. I even made it my survivor pick. There was no way the Bills were going to lose. No way.

This week it is a different story, but not that much....still a lot of high emotion for the team and the crowd.

I see Buf 30, SD 24

post-15143-0-89912500-1411062324_thumb.jpg

post-15143-0-00013200-1411062337_thumb.jpg

These guys are doing it again......

How could these guys be so out of touch and not know what the game at the Ralph meant to this team and the city going into last Sunday? I mean, it should have been a landslide of Bills picks. I even made it my survivor pick. There was no way the Bills were going to lose. No way.

This week it is a different story, but not that much....still a lot of high emotion for the team and the crowd.

I see Buf 30, SD 24

More yeah but is not a surprise. They still do not Bill-ieve!

In week 3? Getting a little ahead of ourselves or did I miss sarcasm font?

No sarcasm whatsoever. I expect both of these teams to contend for playoff positions and this game could very well have wildcard implications down the road.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

PFT’s Week Three picks: http://profootballta...-three-picks-5/

Chargers at Bills

MDS’s take: Are the Bills for real? That may be the toughest question to answer after the first two weeks of the season. They sure look like a much better team than any of us expected heading into 2014. I think they’re going to keep it going against a Chargers team that will have a tough time overcoming a tough game and a long road trip.

MDS’s pick: Bills 21, Chargers 20.

Florio’s take: The Bills are off to a great start. And we’ve seen how this movie ends. While I’m not ready to assume a Western New York renaissance isn’t happening, the Chargers are even better than they were when they made the playoffs a year ago.

Florio’s pick: Chargers 30, Bills 21.

Rivers is a lot like Brady in that he's a fierce competitor, he knows his offense like the back of his hand, and he's able to do a lot with a little.

I agree. Rivers is like Brady.... Just minus the five Super Bowl appearances, and three rings!

Come on, guys. Can't you see bradham knocking gates and woodhead out of this game, the dline swallowing up rivers, and graham knocking down passes?

I am thinking this is another 30-13 kind of win.