If you were the Bills would you trade for Eli Manning

17 Josh Allen

How, does a thread like this even get started? I'm as much an EJ doubter as the next guy, a "wait-and-see" type of approach to see if EJ has the season long chops to be their answer at QB, but c'mon man??!!! Really?? EJ has shown some real, demonstrative progress and Eli is starting his decline and you want to trade CJ on top of it?? Man, sometimes this board....woof!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years back I wrote a post about how poorly Eli manning looked in his first years, and how much he depended on a strong run game, and O line to support him. When he had those things he would play well, and when his line / run game didn't play well he had difficulty carrying his team. The difference between from 3 seconds to 4 seconds in the pocket can mean all the difference in the world to some QB's.

He is learning a new offensive system, and he no longer has those all pros on his O line. Its a team game, and the QB is only has good as his supporting cast allows him to be.

To the OP, no thanks. Old QB's usually don't learn new tricks well. The Bills are currently in the process of developing a guy who could be better then Eli. JMO.

Do you guys not think that Whaley is CONSTANTLY reevaluating this team, EVERY WEEK, WIN or LOSE.

Good GM's don't put together a team in preseason and sit on their hands. They are constantly trying to find ways to get better.

I don't believe this thread was intended to be a BASH E.J. but a hypothetical given the state of Eli's play, and the Giants in need of longer term pieces to rebuild, would they be willing and would Bills be willing.

Like I said, if you don't think Whaley is considering options like this or a TE or a RG or a LB, you are very naive.

OMG, you are the only Naive one here if you think Whaley is sitting in his office thinking about swapping an ascending young QB who they believe in and invested in after a 2-0 start and one of our most dynamic playmakers they are talking extension with for a 0-2 QB who is a shell of what he was 2 years ago, on the decline, inconsistent, and a turnover machine.

Not to mention the ludicrous idea of bringing in any QB to start for a team with no time to learn the offense, develop timing with the wideouts, etc. There is reason QB's don't get traded mid season barring some kind of injury or backup situation...becasue its nearly impossible for them to just walk in and have success.

So if you think Whaley is going to trade our starting QB for anyone after our 2-0 start then you need to stop playing Madden so much. There is exactly ZERO percent chance this is being thought about, discussed, or considered by either team. Besides, the Giants already have a young QB behind Manning in Nassib that started looking good this preseason.

SMH with some of these crazy threads. You would think we were 0-2 and EJ played terrible. I just don't get it. At some point, don't you guys just want to be fans and enjoy the ride rather than try and prove its not real? Geezus

This thread is on par with the trade Mario for Skelton thread...did you start that one to?

Edited by Alphadawg7

We all know that the Giants are in a rebuilding mode and there really short of offensive talent

out side of Victor Cruz. If you were the Bills GM

would you make this trade so the Bills could make a run at the Super Bowl this year.

Bills would trade C.J Spiller and E.J. Manuel

for Manning. Bryce Brown and Fred Jackson

could handle the running back duties. The Giants would now have the dynamic running back they crave and a decent young QB to build around. The Bills would now have a 2 time Super Bowl gun slinging champion who knows how to get it done. I sort of like this trade a lot. I was wondering what everyone else thought.

Maybe if they threw in Victor Cruz.

I'm sorry it is not a reasonable question. If the question was "should the Bills pick up Eli at the end of the season when the Giants inevitably cut him as part of a complete house clean and restart?"

Then it would a reasonable question, although I don't think we will know the answer until we have seen a full season of EJ.

He has been a good QB in this league he is coming off an awful season and has made an awful start this year and people would actually conisder giving up a young, so far improving, Quarterback and an offensive play-maker and game changer for him??

I'm sorry that doesn't make any sense. For Rodgers, for Brees, hell for Big Ben even then maybe.... for eli Manning playing as he has played the last 2 years? Not a chance.