To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many people clamored to get Fitz off the roster. With a limited quarterback class and free agency not offering anything either it made no sense cut the guy. Not to mention his contract. So people were impatient and look what happened. We got beat by Fitz and company. Well mostly Watt but Fitz did his job well enough to get a win.

With that said, even though EJ is without a doubt the weakest link on this team, you all must remain patient and let EJ develop through the year. Benching him now would do nothing but set us back even further with developing this team We are all hungry for playoffs and want wins now. Hitting the reset button every time there is a bump in the road only makes things worse.

> Benching him now would do nothing but set us back even further with developing this team

We can give the Manuel experiment until the end of the season to play itself out. But that extra time isn't going to affect his long-term future. That future was already fairly obvious well before the draft. (As many--including me--had pointed out at the time.)

But even though there's almost no chance of Manuel ever becoming the long-term answer at quarterback, keeping him in would be associated with one advantage: the habit of discipline. Did Manuel show enough in college to earn all the chances he's being given in the NFL? No, he absolutely did not. But hopefully, Manuel's eventual replacement will have shown enough in college to deserve some patience in the NFL. In the big scheme of things, it doesn't matter whether the Bills pull Manuel in hopes of the upgraded QB play Kyle Orton would undoubtedly bring. Neither Manuel nor Orton are the answer; so any quarterback-related move they make now is just spinning their wheels.

But the habits they build today might affect their approach to Manuel's replacement. I want the Bills to take a patient approach with that replacement. And I want that replacement to have earned such patience. To have demonstrated commendable accuracy and good information-processing ability at the college level. (Two traits Manuel didn't demonstrate in college.)

Then again, it might not matter much what habits this front office or this coaching staff has or doesn't have. If Pegula is smart, he'll clean house. He needs to replace the general manager, head coach, offensive coordinator, and starting quarterback. The sooner he realizes this, the better. (But he will realize this eventually.)

Remove the Williams TD and the stat line reads 43 passes for around 140 yards. Mind-numbingly inept.

Is the original poster of this thread still on the bandwagon?

Any of the "smart" posters still out there so they can explain to us idiots just how wonderful EJ's career is progressing?

Remove the Williams TD and the stat line reads 43 passes for around 140 yards. Mind-numbingly inept.

Is the original poster of this thread still on the bandwagon?

Any of the "smart" posters still out there so they can explain to us idiots just how wonderful EJ's career is progressing?

Smart posters would point out that if you're going to remove the good plays, you remove the worst plays too. But that's just statistics. He was bad today. Merry Christmas!

I feel I need to point out that sitting EJ does not mean that the mgt losses faith in EJ. It means they go back to their original plan of letting him sit and learn. I really do not know what the hesitation is. Sit him and put in place your original plan with Orton in the Kolb role EJ as the back up role. What they have to do though is communicate the correctly to everyone. EJ, Orton, the team, and the fan base.

"Hey last year we were forced into as certain position and now that we believe we have a capable veteran we would like to continue with our original plan. We feel we were rushing EJs development and this move gives us the opportunity help him learn while moving forward with winning"

I feel I need to point out that sitting EJ does not mean that the mgt losses faith in EJ. It means they go back to their original plan of letting him sit and learn. I really do not know what the hesitation is. Sit him and put in place your original plan with Orton in the Kolb role EJ as the back up role. What they have to do though is communicate the correctly to everyone. EJ, Orton, the team, and the fan base.

"Hey last year we were forced into as certain position and now that we believe we have a capable veteran we would like to continue with our original plan. We feel we were rushing EJs development and this move gives us the opportunity help him learn while moving forward with winning"

Bingo.

EJ's accuracy is never going to get better, if they bench him he is done.