Dolphins at Bills Postgame

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills pay tribute to Ralph Wilson with a win he would have loved

On a day when the Bills honored the late Ralph Wilson, the best tribute of all for the only owner the franchise had known, was a win over the team Wilson loved to see his club beat, the Miami Dolphins. The victory and a 2-0 start to the 2014 season would have made Wilson extremely happy.

The Bills won their home opener thanks to a dominating performance from the defense, a sensational day from rookie receiver Sammy Watkins, another solid outing from quarterback EJ Manuel and a second straight strong performance courtesy of the special teams.

@john_kucko

One of my favorite pics today. #Bills owner Mary Wilson high-fives players in pre-game #BillsMafia @BuffRumblings

BxiIT7xIQAAEl2R.jpg

OmarKelly

Hyde10: Ten thoughts on the #Dolphins 29-10 loss to Buffalo http://www.sun-senti....story …

Uh, is it okay to say it's one of my favorite pics in the history of the Buffalo Bills? Up with the hit on Keith Lincoln and a few others, but this is awesome! How could you not be pumped? How could you not sense the magnitude of this single day between the sidelines? This was a huge day in the history of the Bills and this photo depicts that perfectly!

I hope the next "best picture" comes next week in some way....

I thought he lost it just after. Either way they ruled it a TD.

I thought it should have been a fumble, didn't have control of the ball when it hit the pylon. Should have been a touchback, but we got lucky. Ref in studio Mike Carey questioned it as well, but didn't seem to want to criticize the on field officials.

One play that really caught my attention today was Fred Jacksons big reception in the 1st quarter. Instead of running out of bounds to avoid contact at the end of the play he lowered his shoulder and gave the defender a brutal blow before going out of bounds. Squish the Fish!

Congrats on a well deserved win. I come to admit I was wrong in thinking the Dolphins had a shot in this one. Right when I thought things might be swinging our way, Spiller spoils the fun and kills all momentum.

On a side note I think it's time for us to seriously re-evaluate our QB position.

Looks like you've got a good Chargers squad coming to town next week. They are going to have their hands full it seems.

You're a good fan and ambassador for your team after a shaky start here. The Dolphins were really put in a hard spot, I wouldn't give up on Tannehill just yet, the Bills just seem to have his number. The Fins seem to play the Pats well in the same way. I'm not a huge Mike Wallace fan but what a friggin' TD he had. Moreno getting hurt obviously hurt bad but probably wouldn't have change the result much. Thanks for coming here and trading barbs, you handled it well.

On Spiller's TD return, he caught the ball with 9:35 left in the quarter and crossed the goal line with 9:24 left (the time keeper let another second click off). 102 yards in 11 seconds, with him slowing down at the end, having had to make a cut when he crossed the 20, and wearing pads and a helmet.

That'll do, that'll do.

Also I commend Polish Dave on the most effective point-counterpoint I've seen on this board.

Bills Clemson connection put the Dolphins game away

C.J. Spiller’s 102-yard kick return for a touchdown and Sammy Watkins’ 12-yard catch, run and dive for the pylon for a touchdown put the game out of reach in lifting the Bills to their first 2-0 start since 2011.

Bills Roundup: Team Effort in Home Opening Win <3:00>

All phases of the game contributed on Sunday afternoon, as the Bills had a solid team effort in a 29-10 win over the Dolphins, on an emotional day at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Sammy Watkins vs. Dolphins highlights <1:34>

Buffalo Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins had 8 catches for 117 yards and a touchdown in the team's 29-10 win against the Miami Dolphins.

Special teams stands out

The Bills were able to walk away with a win and grab hold of first place in the AFC East due in part to strong special teams play.

Miami LB Wheeler: Bills are built to beat us

The fans meant a lot

A special day from start to finish

The fans meant a lot

NFL Grades Week 2: Andy Dalton, Bengals might be best in AFC

Bills 29, Dolphins 10

MIA.png C-

After Knowshon Moreno went down with an injury in the first quarter, the Dolphins switched their gameplan to 'Let Ryan Tannehilll throw as many passes as possible.' Not surprisingly, the plan didn't work. Tannehill threw a career-high 49 passes against Buffalo, before Sunday, he had never thrown more than 43 in a game.

BUF.png A+

The Bills are staying in Buffalo and they celebrated the news by making Miami never want to visit Buffalo again. The Bills went nuts in all three phases of the game: The defense forced two turnovers, special teams accounted for 23 of the 29 points and EJ Manuel looked like he knew what he was doing. All of this is good news if you're a Bills fan.

@buffalobills

LB Nigel Bradham: "This is what we work for. This is the passion that we all have" #undefeated pic.twitter.com/PVViM02zjz

.@Boobie24Dixon: "It's just two games, it's still early. There's a lot of fighting left to be done" #BringIt

.@Boobie24Dixon: "We're a team that's fighting for respect. Sometimes you earn it. Sometimes you TAKE it."

G Chris Williams on @66_Henderson: "I tell him all the time he can be any player he wants to be. He should've been the first tackle taken"

.@DSearcy25 to @ChrisBrownBills: "As long as we stay together & hold each other accountable (we can keep intensity)" pic.twitter.com/A77mlGztkX

Leodis McKelvin gave his mom the INT ball, and hosted his brother at his first NFL game yesterday. #BillsFamily pic.twitter.com/EnogWwsKok

.@sammywatkins, who grew up a #Bills fan: "It was great to score at the Ralph" pic.twitter.com/q8Ftr3or1b

Edited by 26CornerBlitz