I "Live" in BUFFALO !!!

BonJovi

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I moved five years ago to KY, about a hour north of Nashville, I miss Buffalo, the games, food and people too. Trying explaining to someone down south what a Lawn Fete is! No matter where you go nothing can replace the atmosphere you get when you are at the Ralph on Sunday's and at First Niagara for Hockey games.

"We're not South Beach, we're not even Myrtle Beach."

No, Buffalo, no you're not...but you know what? I left Myrtle Beach to come to Buffalo.

And I could go on and on about why I chose to do so, but the bottom line is...I wanted to.

(It didn't happen overnight like I had hoped it would, I had to make a brief detour in my hometown of Canandaigua, out in the Finger Lakes...but after getting my life back together, I am proud to say I'll be making the move out to Buffalo in the spring of 2015, after I finish my college degree I started so long ago...and I couldn't be happier about the decision to come back here and do this.)

No, Buffalo, no you're not...but you know what? I left Myrtle Beach to come to Buffalo.

And I could go on and on about why I chose to do so, but the bottom line is...I wanted to.

(It didn't happen overnight like I had hoped it would, I had to make a brief detour in my hometown of Canandaigua, out in the Finger Lakes...but after getting my life back together, I am proud to say I'll be making the move out to Buffalo in the spring of 2015, after I finish my college degree I started so long ago...and I couldn't be happier about the decision to come back here and do this.)

Congrats on the move and the accomplishment. Best of luck! There's a lot to enjoy.

Born and raised in Rochester. Used to go and party at the Continental Club back in the early 80s. Is that joint still around? Been living in Southern Cal for 23 years, now. I would move back in a heartbeat, if I could.

Sorry. It's long gone. Sadly the only cool music club, Mohawk Place, shut down recently too.

After moving away, then moving back, i realized one thing. The pizza and wings ARE better here. Of course, ive put on 40 lbs since moving back three yrs ago

No doubt on the wings. Pizza? Depends on where live, IMO, Way better than St Augustine, that's for sure. But the best place in the area, is out in the country a way. But it is owned by a family from Buffalo. Easily the best pizza in the area.

I've live in Boston, NYC area, LA area (Manhattan beach was nice enough), San Francisco, St Augustine and spent a few months in Milwaukee. SF is easily my favorite place to be. But after that, it's WNY, (Milwaukee is comparable) I'd move back in a heartbeat if I could (family obligations keep me here).

No doubt on the wings. Pizza? Depends on where live, IMO, Way better than St Augustine, that's for sure. But the best place in the area, is out in the country a way. But it is owned by a family from Buffalo. Easily the best pizza in the area.

I've live in Boston, NYC area, LA area (Manhattan beach was nice enough), San Francisco, St Augustine and spent a few months in Milwaukee. SF is easily my favorite place to be. But after that, it's WNY, (Milwaukee is comparable) I'd move back in a heartbeat if I could (family obligations keep me here).

Hahaha!!

My family already knows, last wishes? Bocces at my funeral!

Canandaigua aint bad either, if my job was closer I would live there.

Haha, I love the most recent comment on the video: "this city is a TRUE SHITHOLE!..LOL...WHO THE !@#$ DO YOU THINK YOUR KIDDING!...LMAO!..LOL..."

I went out of my way to make it back for my first home opener this weekend. I usually only make it to home games around the holidays, since I live in Texas now. Just landed at ROC and can barely contain myself here!

After moving away, then moving back, i realized one thing. The pizza and wings ARE better here. Of course, ive put on 40 lbs since moving back three yrs ago

You know, I was wondering when people said they missed the food what they meant. There is nothing special about the pizza in Buffalo. You can get good pizza anywhere anymore. You can get good wings almost anywhere now as well. Granted there are more places to get good wings in Buffalo than most places though.

I can see missing the Bills and Sabres games, and the people, and even the weather for some who moved south. But good god not food.

Edited by CodeMonkey