Cam Newton's bizarre press conference

YoloinOhio

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, thats all you said. Period. Well that, AND that a sports information officer would absolutely probably criticize Cam for his remarks which can be construed as racial.

But apparently we were never discussing the last part even though that's the only aspect of your post I've been responding to.

Wow, buddy.

He's doing it on purpose. Who knows why. He doesn't look under the influence to me (not more than normal anyway).

I know some people say that "he's just having fun", but to me he doesn't look like he's taking his role as a professional and the leader of a Super Bowl contender seriously. It's just not the example that his teammates athletes need, IMO.

pretty much, I EJ did that I'd be pissed.

Hey guys, Panthers fan from Charlotte. Also a Clemson Grad & here looking for info on tickets, hotels, etc. as I plan on making a trip to see Sammy Watkins later this year. Let me give some insight and clarify Cam's intentions with the media.

Cam Newton was very upset with the media. His actions were his way of giving the media a middle finger and standing up for his organization. Most of it revolves around the Greg Hardy situation. For the record, Greg Hardy has NOT been convicted of anything and is an innocent man who has been accused of misdemeanors and awaiting a trial. The media is completely wrong, and simply fabricating a story. That's an entirely separate discussion, though.

Last week the Charlotte Observer, who did not have an opinion on the Hardy case the past 4 months, jumped on the media wagon after the Rice video surfaced. They published several articles bashing Hardy and also took cheap shots at the Panthers organization. They published articles trash talking Owner Jerry Richardson and Head Coach Ron Rivera. Then on Wednesday when Cam took the podium he straight up told the media he understood the things that were going on but that he would only talk football and Detroit. What did they do? Badgered him with questions about Hardy, Rice, his contract, last week'a game, etc.

That's why Cam gave the "Donkey Kong Suh" answer to every single question they asked him. And yes, yesterday he was walking down the hall and began limping and grimacing when he saw the media. He's just trolling them. It's simply his way of sticking up for his teammate and owner against the media that has slandered them for publicity. Also, not sure where the drug comments came from. Cam Newton has refused any pain killer injection, pills, etc during his injuries. He won't touch medications. The man doesn't even eat meat, he's a health freak.

Edited by Cpt Kayak

Hey guys, Panthers fan from Charlotte. Also a Clemson Grad & here looking for info on tickets, hotels, etc. as I plan on making a trip to see Sammy Watkins later this year. Let me give some insight and clarify Cam's intentions with the media.

Cam Newton was very upset with the media. His actions were his way of giving the media a middle finger and standing up for his organization. Most of it revolves around the Greg Hardy situation. For the record, Greg Hardy has NOT been convicted of anything and is an innocent man who has been accused of misdemeanors and awaiting a trial. The media is completely wrong, and simply fabricating a story. That's an entirely separate discussion, though.

Last week the Charlotte Observer, who did not have an opinion on the Hardy case the past 4 months, jumped on the media wagon after the Rice video surfaced. They published several articles bashing Hardy and also took cheap shots at the Panthers organization. They published articles trash talking Owner Jerry Richardson and Head Coach Ron Rivera. Then on Wednesday when Cam took the podium he straight up told the media he understood the things that were going on but that he would only talk football and Detroit. What did they do? Badgered him with questions about Hardy, Rice, his contract, last week'a game, etc.

That's why Cam gave the "Donkey Kong Suh" answer to every single question they asked him. And yes, yesterday he was walking down the hall and began limping and grimacing when he saw the media. He's just trolling them. It's simply his way of sticking up for his teammate and owner against the media that has slandered them for publicity. Also, not sure where the drug comments came from. Cam Newton has refused any pain killer injection, pills, etc during his injuries. He won't touch medications. The man doesn't even eat meat, he's a health freak.

Thanks for the clarification. Go Clemson Bills!