A Toronto team AND a Buffalo team in the NFL?

kwe

I have always believed if you build it they will come. With the Bills as secure as they can be in WNY, why not Toronto as an expansion team in 5-7 years with a new stadium? Canadian folks are still going to go the Ralph rather than stay in puritan southern Ontario for a real footbal experience. The economic market of southern Ontario is too compelling for the NFL to ignore opver the long-term.

Also why not re-align the divisions more geographically with Buf-Tor-Cle-Pit-Det as one Divsion... All of these places are within a maximum 4-5 hour drive of one another and the rivalries would be fantastic in person and for the TV networks.. Living part-time in S. Florida, the Bills "rivalry" with Miami is non-existent and really has not mattered much in the past 15 years so I don't buy the old "lets keep the old AFL teams together" scenario.... thoughts?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always believed if you build it they will come. With the Bills as secure as they can be in WNY, why not Toronto as an expansion team in 5-7 years with a new stadium? Canadian folks are still going to go the Ralph rather than stay in puritan southern Ontario for a real footbal experience. The economic market of southern Ontario is too compelling for the NFL to ignore opver the long-term.

Also why not re-align the divisions more geographically with Buf-Tor-Cle-Pit-Det as one Divsion... All of these places are within a maximum 4-5 hour drive of one another and the rivalries would be fantastic in person and for the TV networks.. Living part-time in S. Florida, the Bills "rivalry" with Miami is non-existent and really has not mattered much in the past 15 years so I don't buy the old "lets keep the old AFL teams together" scenario.... thoughts?

from what i have gathered, the CFL would put up a stink , to say the least.. also, to get a new stadium would be difficult.. so not sure about T O.

Whatever. If there is ever a team in TO it should be an NFC team, Toronto is too close to bring in an expansion rivalry at this point. IMO, of course. Either way I don't want the division realigned . The rivalries still mean something to me. Seems the younger you are, the less they mean.

I moved to Toronto from the UK in 1988 and have been a Bills fan ever since. Many in Canada like me are thrilled with Pegula buying the team to keep them in Buffalo where the rightly belong.... fantastic news.

Probably many of you watched the Chicago game last Sunday with the same disbelief As me that we actually won.... I was sure based on the last 15 years that we'd find a way to snatch defeat from victory.

With the best group of talent in years that has the potential to gel as a great team and now a new owner, I'm so flippin' excited!!!

From your Canadian friends..... congratulations people of Buffalo... as the best fans in the NFL you deserve it.

GO BILLS !!!!

I moved to Toronto from the UK in 1988 and have been a Bills fan ever since. Many in Canada like me are thrilled with Pegula buying the team to keep them in Buffalo where the rightly belong.... fantastic news.

Probably many of you watched the Chicago game last Sunday with the same disbelief As me that we actually won.... I was sure based on the last 15 years that we'd find a way to snatch defeat from victory.

With the best group of talent in years that has the potential to gel as a great team and now a new owner, I'm so flippin' excited!!!

From your Canadian friends..... congratulations people of Buffalo... as the best fans in the NFL you deserve it.

GO BILLS !!!!

Welcome! Love the enthusiasm.

no. The NFL will not expand from 32 teams and as of right now the only team that has serious mover potential is St. Louis and frankly I don't know if we are gonna see another team get ripped up and moved somewhere else. The world (mostly media) has changed drastically in the past decade and I really don't know if the league could handle the backlash.

yeah, i'm sure pegula is gonna be cool with the league putting a team in toronto after he just dropped $1.4 billion on the one in buffalo.

Seeing as he owns the Sabres and is well aware of the financial benefits the hockey team in Toronto brings to them and the large cash windfall that would come with such a team to him, I'm guessing he would not exactly be against it.

I don't get why some fans want to change the Bills division. The AFC East has Boston and New York, 2 huge markets, that's good for the Bills. I want to keep the association with the East, not the Mid-West. The NFC East is the top dog, then the AFC East. It would be foolish to want that to change so we can share a division with failing cities like Detroit and Cleveland. If there came to be a team in Toronto, I would want that team in the AFC East.

I swear, it takes me a while to even remember which teams sre in the NFC and AFC South divisions. They are off the radar.

Do you think jerry Jones would want to leave the NFC East? "Yeah, we wanna play in New Orleans, Phoenix, and Atlanta. Not NYC, Philly, Washington"...no way. They stay in the East where the big TV ratings, and population is concentrated.

Edited by HoF Watkins