[closed]It's over, trolls. Sad day for Jerry Jones/Colin Cowherd

OCinBuffalo

I was thinking much the same as I drove in today. To all the chicken-littles on this board who CONSTANTLY harped about the Bills moving to L.A., or Toronto, or San Antonio, or Timbuktu...ENOUGH. Drop a note and say "I was wrong". It was NEVER going to happen, but you whined and whined and got the panties all twisted up. Yeesh! Here's a little more good news for the day. I saw SDS' thread about the server being overloaded and creaky. Well, now that we no longer have to post thread-after-thread-after-thread on "The Bills are surely heading to L.A.", we may not have to fix it!

I was thinking much the same as I drove in today. To all the chicken-littles on this board who CONSTANTLY harped about the Bills moving to L.A., or Toronto, or San Antonio, or Timbuktu...ENOUGH. Drop a note and say "I was wrong". It was NEVER going to happen, but you whined and whined and got the panties all twisted up. Yeesh! Here's a little more good news for the day. I saw SDS' thread about the server being overloaded and creaky. Well, now that we no longer have to post thread-after-thread-after-thread on "The Bills are surely heading to L.A.", we may not have to fix it!

I think many owe an apology to Ralph Wilson as well. The naysayers claimed he had no plan for keeping the team here after he's gone but the iron clad lease agreement he signed had a lot to do with the lack of out of town bidders.

I must take this opportunity to console the trolls, schit talkers, and all variations of douchebags that have been posting here, and elsewhere, or, dropping soundbites in the media, trolling us about the Bills leaving Buffalo.

It's over. It's moving day. But, the Bills aren't moving: You are...on to something else. You were never going to be right about this, and your days of starting schit with us over "the Bills are moving" are now over. You've lost.

:lol:

I believe I read the first thread here about this in 2004. It started with the usual "well, Ralph is getting up there, and LA is a Big Market" crap.The best part about this: I will never ever have to say again "LA is such a lucrative NFL market, that it hasn't had a team for 20 years!"

It's a great day for many Bills fans, but it's an especially great to tell these specific people to blow it out their asses:

1. Jerry Jones(of "John Bon Jovi is the best father I've ever known" idiocy)

2. Woody Johnson(Jets Owner)

3. Bob Kraft(Pats Owner)

4. Colin Cowherd....who's been hating on Buffalo, telling us the Bills were done in Buffalo, and chief implementer of the ESPN "ignore small market teams" methodology, for at least the 7 years I listened to him before Andrew Peters/Kevin Sylvester(who get better ratings, btw)

5. Multiple ESPN anchors

6. Chris Mortenson

7. The laughable Toronto Group/Jon Bon Jovi....their incompetence astounds....no wonder the Leafs always suck.

8. (Whoever else you've ever heard talk schit about this)

Feel free to add to the list!

Yeah, Jerry Jones is having a real bad day. He did nothing, and saw his net worth increase by a couple hundred million.

Anyone who knows me knows I'm the biggest Bills fan they know...I make it abundantly clear to anyone I meet, and those who are closest to me understand it's a huge part of who I am...Always has been since I was 5 years old and saw that Buffalo on the helmet...I was hooked...And that was 44 years ago...

Over the past decade or so I have been inundated with smart-ass comments from friends, family, acquaintances, and anyone else who wanted to get on my last nerve...I've heard the Toronto Bills...I've heard the LA Bills...We all have...But I always remained steadfast in my opinion (not hope...my honest opinion) that somehow, someway this team would stay in Buffalo regardless...I am not an eternal optimist...But for some reason I was convinced that regardless of all the noise there was no way the Bills would move...And in the end, thank goodness, I was right...

So...I will pass this message on to all those who gave me grief over these years...And the message is simple...Suck it losers! :lol:

GO BILLS!!! B-)

Anyone who knows me knows I'm the biggest Bills fan they know...I make it abundantly clear to anyone I meet, and those who are closest to me understand it's a huge part of who I am...Always has been since I was 5 years old and saw that Buffalo on the helmet...I was hooked...And that was 44 years ago...

Over the past decade or so I have been inundated with smart-ass comments from friends, family, acquaintances, and anyone else who wanted to get on my last nerve...I've heard the Toronto Bills...I've heard the LA Bills...We all have...But I always remained steadfast in my opinion (not hope...my honest opinion) that somehow, someway this team would stay in Buffalo regardless...I am not an eternal optimist...But for some reason I was convinced that regardless of all the noise there was no way the Bills would move...And in the end, thank goodness, I was right...

So...I will pass this message on to all those who gave me grief over these years...And the message is simple...Suck it losers! :lol:

GO BILLS!!! B-)

Amen brother!

Andrew Zimbalist, PhD - Sports Economist at Smith College.

For the past decade, at least, he was in every "future of the Bills" article in the Buffalo News - always happily explaining from his ivory tower how the Bills are not sustainable in Buffalo upon Ralph Wilson's death.

Add Donte Whitner. Cathal Kelly is definitely up there though.

By the time I read Hitler's tweet I was already about 90% sure the Bills were staying, but I thought his taunting the fan base like that was !@#$ing hilarious.

Normally I might not think so, but Buffalo fans were pretty nasty to him. When I read his tweet with the big LOL on the end I about laughed my ads off just picturing him typing it. I still get a chuckle thinking about it.

If the Bills had moved it wouldn't have been funny, but they didn't so it is.

Cathal Kelly formerly the Toronto star.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/2014/03/25/ralph_wilsons_death_opens_door_ever_so_slightly_for_nfl_in_toronto_kelly.html

Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson died Tuesday, aged 95. He was amongst the brightest and curmudgeonly. He went kicking.

Now that he’s gone, they can begin building the next iteration of the NFL, one that could include Toronto.

Andrew Zimbalist, PhD - Sports Economist at Smith College.

For the past decade, at least, he was in every "future of the Bills" article in the Buffalo News - always happily explaining from his ivory tower how the Bills are not sustainable in Buffalo upon Ralph Wilson's death.

Actually, his resume is pretty unreal with consulting economic analysis experience for lots of professional teams. From a free market approach, he was spot on. His analysis can only be based on available info and some assumptions. The lack of access to the trusts marching orders and the unknown pool of potential bidders that included a wealthy homer, lead him to a conclusion that any graduate Econ student would have arrived at considering the stagnant AND aging population since 1970, coupled with a contracted economy and high rates of poverty. Throw in the leagues focus on revenue, Taj Mahal stadiums, and large markets and it was a viable position. And most would have made the same statements. Those outside the ivory tower love it when the ivory tower is wrong but are quiet when it's right, which it is way more often than not.

I think many owe an apology to Ralph Wilson as well. The naysayers claimed he had no plan for keeping the team here after he's gone but the iron clad lease agreement he signed had a lot to do with the lack of out of town bidders.

i have been thinking about that very thing since this all came together today. i will admit i was a bit PO-D at ralph for not going on record with plans to secure the team in buffalo upon his death.. but right now i am totally grateful..appears he had our backs.. Edited by dwight in philly

Actually, his resume is pretty unreal with consulting economic analysis experience for lots of professional teams. From a free market approach, he was spot on. His analysis can only be based on available info and some assumptions. The lack of access to the trusts marching orders and the unknown pool of potential bidders that included a wealthy homer, lead him to a conclusion that any graduate Econ student would have arrived at considering the stagnant AND aging population since 1970, coupled with a contracted economy and high rates of poverty. Throw in the leagues focus on revenue, Taj Mahal stadiums, and large markets and it was a viable position. And most would have made the same statements. Those outside the ivory tower love it when the ivory tower is wrong but are quiet when it's right, which it is way more often than not.

What the heck kinda economic black magic mumbo jumbo you talkin bout?

God bless the Bills!

God bless the Wilson's and Pegula's!!

And God bless the USA!!!

YAAAOOOWWWW!!!!

Edited by mastershake

OR, he could have taken all those stats and theories as half of the picture, and added it to the wants/likes of the league specifically as it relates to Buffalo the franchise, its individual and collective respect for Ralph Wilson, and Mr. Wilson's commitment to the city, and come to a more complete and much more accurate portrayal and prediction.

This really is GREAT. The Bills are staying despite the weight of the evidence marshaled Zimbalist and the like. If you are a fan who just needs a team because there is always hope CONGRATS you have reached the finish line! I mean that. No sarcasm. Me I want to proof winning comes first so Terry prove you have learned. Clean house. Get the best scouts and player personnel people. It'll be you best return on your investment and keep you friends away from the team. Use them as a sounding board if you must, but give them no role with the team. How great to have a Bills' future to worry about I thought they were goners for sure.

Bob Matthews and his little friend Leo Roth,get to eat a BIG !!@@## sandwich. Watch how they jump on the bandwagon and cheer now.

A special FU needs to go out to Bob Matthews and MOST (not all) of the rest of the Rochester "Bills media coverage" for trying their best to paint all-things-Bills in a negative light!

Don't forget Leo Roth, big loser boy. Edited by bisonbrigade