Bills have Tajh Boyd in town for a work out

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always looked at him as kind of a poor man's EJ. His strengths aren't quite as good, and his weaknesses are a little worse.

I think if him as sort of a poor man's Russell Wilson.

Edited by The Dean

I was watching him here since we have lots of Jets coverage, I was not impressed, maybe there is something there, but I dont see him as a solution unless we are taking on a project. If we are taking on projects, look to Clevelands practice squad, Conner Shaw is a smart, tough SOB who would be an upgrade over Boyd (and he beat him all 3 years they played against each other)

Three weeks ago: EJ-Thad-Tuel

Possibly by the end of this week: EJ-Orton-Boyd

The timing of this leads me to believe they wanted to see what Orton had in the tank and if he would pick up the offense quickly...they must have satisfied themselves in that regard, so the "guy who knows the offense" argument for keeping Tuel around no longer exists. Bring in a guy with some true upside.

Well done, Bills.

def. is he better than Tuel. Yes. Sign him to practice squad. Let him learn the offense, Tuel hangs around as emergency 3rd QB perhaps.

The timing of this leads me to believe they wanted to see what Orton had in the tank and if he would pick up the offense quickly...they must have satisfied themselves in that regard, so the "guy who knows the offense" argument for keeping Tuel around no longer exists. Bring in a guy with some true upside.

Well done, Bills.

also a thought. perhaps not even a need for Tuel.

Well done, Bills.

Agreed. I really like Whaley's style. I don't always agree with his decisions, but at least with the current regime I feel like every decision is made in order to make this a better team. That hasn't been the case in a long while.

How many of his mistakes were targeting TJ, the world's worst football player of all time?

TJ is only the world's worst football player of all time of the year. In previous years, we had many other worst football players of all time:

John McCargo

Aaron Maybin

Mike Williams (the OT)

JP Losman

And that only goes back a few years.