Week 2 predictions: Squish the Fish

YoloinOhio

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Tanne to only be sacked once last week was pretty much a miracle for us Dolphins fans, so I'll take it against any D line in this league, even the pathetic showing the pats had to offer.

I am just saying, this is a different team than I am used to watching over the last decade or so. Bills seem revamped as well, but the Phins aren't a team to look past -- even with the Bills recent success against us.

I hope we're not looking past you, fin-buddy, but I'm not quite sure what the "second half will be too much for you Bills" optimism is based upon? If it's just fatigue, I think your OL might wear down, too.

This is the Ralph. In B'lo, they think 85 degrees with a light breeze off the lake is a scorching hot day. And playing in what sounds like a jet engine test zone can be a little wearying if you're not used to it.

Actually, now I'm kinda feeling sympathetic because hope springs eternal in fan-dom and "this is a different team than I am used to watching over the last decade or so" sounds soooooo much like something a Bills fan would say. And have to say next year. And then have to say the year after that.

Bills 24 Fish 17 Bills not getting much respect from the "experts". I thought the Bills put pretty good pressure on Cutler rushing 4 guys. Need to contain Moreno and get Freddy et al running.

They did. Especially on third down when Schwartz spread then out on the line.

Miami's DTs looked as good as ours against NE, but I know that's not reality. NE's interior O-line was hurting without Mankins.

Bills 24 Fish 17 Bills not getting much respect from the "experts". I thought the Bills put pretty good pressure on Cutler rushing 4 guys. Need to contain Moreno and get Freddy et al running.

Saw a stat that we rushed 5 or more on 14 of 51 pass plays

Michael Purinton @NickelCityBills · 1h

Those 14 blitzes led to three QB pressures. 4 rushers got pressures 8 times (on 37 plays)

This will be tougher than a lot of Bills fans think. Philbin is an impressive coach. The 5-2 used last week will force the Bills to use practice time this week to prepare, but there's no guarantee the Dolphins will start with it or stay with it. The Dolphins are injured at LB so quick shots into the middle of the D, or jet sweeps, should work and should negate the strong D-line. Also the Dolphins' offensive strength is their running attack, not passing as Chicago's is, which plays into the Bills' defensive strength.. Especially if we get Rivers back we should be OK on defense. I think the final score will be 17-14 but I don't know who wins.

Edited by Utah John

This will be tougher than a lot of Bills fans think. Philbin is an impressive coach. The 5-2 used last week will force the Bills to use practice time this week to prepare, but there's no guarantee the Dolphins will start with it or stay with it. The Dolphins are injured at LB so quick shots into the middle of the D, or jet sweeps, should work and should negate the strong D-line. Also the Dolphins' offensive strength is their running attack, not passing as Chicago's is, which plays into the Bills' defensive strength.. Especially if we get Rivers back we should be OK on defense. I think the final score will be 17-14 but I don't know who wins.

I think most think it will be tough. I don't know much about Philbin. I don't think we will have Rivers. Having Bradham back somewhat negates that though, yet still forces Preston Brown into the starting lineup. I doubt we see the same D since our offense is so different than NE's. Hoping for a win as the Bills have played very well at home, but too soon to know how good either team is.

This will be a tough game to win since the Dolphins have a strong running game (Moreno) and a ferocious pash rush. I think our run defense will contain Moreno and our pass defense will force Tannehill to make multiple mistakes. Bills win 24-13.

Vikings are better than you think with Turner as the OC and Zimmer calling the defensive plays. Vikings win 23-20.

Packers' pass rush is too much for Geno Smith to handle. Packers win 31-20.

Those results would put the Bills in first place in the AFC East as follows:

Bills 2-0

Dolphins 1-1

Jets 1-1

Pats 0-2.