Unleash EJ!

Wagon Circler

Sorry to go negative but isn't it time for Hackett to trust EJ a little bit by letting him throw on first down every once in a while instead of running the read option on every single first down?

The conservative play-calling will not win too many of these games this year.

First down is the easiest down to pass on. Unleash EJ!

The long attempt to Watkins was decent. Only Sammy had a shot at it. EJ placed it where the safety over the top and the smoked corner had no chance. It's progress...

It's EJ's short-medium throw accuracy that is most concerning IMHO. He managed the game impressively minus the sideline pick.

I get that they are trying to minimize the negatives but they could let him throw some 10 yard outs. It didn't seem like they worked the slant at all today either. I Like the kid. I guess I'd rather they go about it the way they are as opposed to what they are doing with Smith in NY

The long attempt to Watkins was decent. Only Sammy had a shot at it. EJ placed it where the safety over the top and the smoked corner had no chance. It's progress...

It's EJ's short-medium throw accuracy that is most concerning IMHO. He managed the game impressively minus the sideline pick.

He definitely has to improve his ball placement on in the intermediate ranges, but it helps to have WRs like Williams and Watkins with bigger catch radii.

He definitely has to improve his ball placement on in the intermediate ranges, but it helps to have WRs like Williams and Watkins with bigger catch radii.

Absolutely. Having guys who can elevate and come down with the ball when it's off target is huge. I know just this game showed I underestimated that importance.

They moved the ball whenever they mixed the pass in on first down. The offense struggled when they were running on every first down.

EJ still needs work, but they need to give him a chance to succeed. Mixing up the run an and pass on first down keeps the pass rush in check. Run on first, run on second and pass on third repeatedly gives the defense the advantage.