Week 1: Bills vs Bears prediction & AFCE teams

I tired the search function and it isn't working for me today so if this is a dup sorry

I don't know why the "experts" are all saying the Bears will score over 24 points.

This D should be better than last year and keep most teams below 20 ppg

Bills 24, @ Bears 16

Putrids 31, @ Fish 12

Raiders 15 @ NYETS 21

I think we will be able to hang 20+ on thus suspect Chicago D.

There's also a good chance we can keep them under 20. Keep Forte from coin nuts and we got a shot. Time to see if our Run D is improved. We'll know at about 1:30 how it's going to go.

I tired the search function and it isn't working for me today so if this is a dup sorry

I don't know why the "experts" are all saying the Bears will score over 24 points.

Bills 24, @ Bears 16

Putrids 31, @ Fish 12

Raiders 15 @ NYETS 21

The reason is the Bears WRs are considered by many as the best overall in the NFL, Cutler has a good arm and is accurate enough to hit them when they are open, Cutler is coming off a good season last year, and with no Byrd and a gimpy Gilmore they think the Bills will be hurt in the air. It all makes perfect sense and should happen unless the Bills can get in Cutlers face early and often.

Bills@Bears

24-27

Bills offense keeps up with the Bears offense all the way.

We will loose on a last minute FG after a bad call from the refs.

patriots@Dolphins

31-16

Gronkowski returns with 3 td and gets the pats fans all juiced up with dreams of a clean superbowl title. But unfortunately for Gronkowski, his injury hell continues. I actually feel sorry for the guy, for all his injuries.

Raiders@Jets

10-13

Bills will loose on a last minute mistake by the refs, the jets will win on a last minute mistake by the refs.

You guys are optimistic. I'm glad you are, but I just don't see it with EJ. He has been horrendous, and I was a supporter throughout last year and even the off season stating, let's see this summer if he's picked up his timing etc. He's shown to regress so that's my reasoning for the following:

Bears 28. Bills 16

Pats 35. Fish. 17

Raiders 13. Jets. 17

The Pats are the Pats, and the fish's line is only marginally better. The Jets defensive front is going to give Carr fits with blitzes he's not ready to manage. They won't be able to run, and although the Jets weak point are the CB's, Carr won't have the time to get the ball to his WR's.

You guys are optimistic. I'm glad you are, but I just don't see it with EJ. He has been horrendous, and I was a supporter throughout last year and even the off season stating, let's see this summer if he's picked up his timing etc. He's shown to regress so that's my reasoning for the following:

Bears 28. Bills 16

Pats 35. Fish. 17

Raiders 13. Jets. 17

The Pats are the Pats, and the fish's line is only marginally better. The Jets defensive front is going to give Carr fits with blitzes he's not ready to manage. They won't be able to run, and although the Jets weak point are the CB's, Carr won't have the time to get the ball to his WR's.

Oh, and I hope I'm terribly wrong on EJ, and he puts it together, and we rout the Bears.

Bears 27 Bills 13

But I would love for the Raiders to beat the Jets and have Geno throw 3 int's. I hate the Jets probably more than the Pats for some reason

Its tough not to respect the Patriots and its hard to hate something you respect. We don't have an actual rivalry with the Patriots (who have won almost every game for a decade), but we do have a rivalry with the Jets as we battle them for the third and fourth place spots. So your hatred is logically place.

Geesh.

CBS: All 8 guys pick the Bears not just to win, but to cover a 7.5 point spread. Prisco in his "preview" on the site said basically it was due to the fact that EJ has looked like **** in preseason and there are big questions about him.

ESPN: All 13 pick the Bears.

I'm a little surprised that at least 1 or 2 of the CBS guys didn't take the Bills with the points.

Bears 20-17....tight game where the Bears have more yards but more turnovers too. The Bills D-Line should get pressure on Cutler and shut down the run. The Bills offense will do enough to hang around all day but not be able to pull it out late on the road.

NE 20-17 over Miami. Tight Game.

NYJ 16-13 over Oak.

I don't think anyone thinks we are better defending the pass. We'll see if we get a good push and whether our DBs cover tight or remain soft. We need big year's from our CBs. If they press and take away the short easy throws, this D could be much much better. Improvement against the run is obvious and a long time coming! GO BILLS!!!

Bills 34, @ Bears 20

Patsies 24, @ Fish 10

Raiders 17 @ Jets 23

Wishing and guessing like everyone else..

I seem to remember a few years back when we began the year at KC against the Chiefs. We were coming off a 4-12 season while they had just own the AFC West. Hardly anyone gave us a chance and we went in and mopped the floor with them. Similar situation, even though the Bears missed the playoffs last year, but this time instead of a blowout win I think we come up short but closer than the experts think:

Bears 23 Bills 20

Pats 28 Phins 17 (we remain the last team to beat the Patriots in an openning day game)

Jets 24 Raiders 3

Geesh.

CBS: All 8 guys pick the Bears not just to win, but to cover a 7.5 point spread. Prisco in his "preview" on the site said basically it was due to the fact that EJ has looked like **** in preseason and there are big questions about him.

ESPN: All 13 pick the Bears.

I'm a little surprised that at least 1 or 2 of the CBS guys didn't take the Bills with the points.

safest bet of the week: Bears minus the points I'll try 27-13 Bears.

Last year Schwartz gave up 32 to the Bears in week 4 and 19 in week 10...with a bad secondary. If the D is ahead of the O as is supposed to be the case this time of year, we will win 24 - 21. So it is written.

The only reason they gave up 32 in week 4 is because the Lions were up 40-16 at the start of the 4th quarter, haha.

At that point, defense goes into prevent mode, which I'm not a fan of, but whatever.