The perfect beer for every NFL team

I drink it. Or Bud.

Nothing is more....twee....than beer snobbery.

I love fruit but keep it the hell out of my beer. Bud does nothing for me, but I agree on beer snobbery. But there are some good beers out there. Liking craft beer doesn't always equal beer snobbery.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Au contraire mon frere, lol. No such thing as "just beer".

+1

there is just beer my friend.

and then there is Beer !

I love fruit but keep it the hell out of my beer. Bud does nothing for me, but I agree on beer snobbery. But there are some good beers out there. Liking craft beer doesn't always equal beer snobbery.

But

I love fruit but keep it the hell out of my beer . Bud does nothing for me, but I agree on beer snobbery. But there are some good beers out there. Liking craft beer doesn't always equal beer snobbery.

Well i drink mostly the same beer in my regular weekend diet . But i have had a some expereince in this field.

Have a true Belgium Cherry Lambic with your next dinner of roasted grouse or as an appertif after . You might like fruit in your in your "beer" after all .

keep in mind they usually have a ahigh alcohol content so dont chug them

: 0 .

Ommegang FTW

Edited by 3rdand12

The Eagles beer is such a miss, and the author is an Eagle fan. Right Brewery, wrong beer. Yards Brawler is the perfect choice for Iggle Faithful late of the 700 section at the Vet.

http://www.yardsbrewing.com/ales/signature-ales/brawler

And to respond to the above, no, it's really not just beer. It was just beer when I was in college and the best beer was the beer I could afford the most of. If you aren't taking the opportunity to even TRY the vast VAST variety and styles of beer from myriads of new breweries it's your loss. Some of it is outstanding, some is middling, and frankly some of it sucks. But hey, more for me. I feel like the world is a pretty good place when my local, big brewed, sure to please everyone, beer is Yuengling Lager. For me it's a much better jumping off point than say any type of Budweiser which I frankly hated in high school and will volunteer to DD rather than drink now. To each his own though.

It really not different from wine. Those folks at Franzia crank out an incredibly consistent, price-friendly product and I'm sure there are lots of people who enjoy it and there are even venues and gatherings where a good old box of wine is absolutely appropriate and well appreciated (sort of like a keg of Natty Light at a frat party). I wouldn't say that wine is just wine.

After today, what else could it be but... arrogant-bastard-ale-21354155.jpg

I enjoy that when I can find it in PA. Russian River Damnation is also a favorite

I like to drink any beer after shooting grouse at my house and roasting them on my fire pit. I find most expensive beer,you have to lick a cats asz,too get the taste out of your mouth. Pay a lot for the swill,you better say Oh my this fabulous. Hee hee,ha. Boys round here drinkin that ice cold beer.........................................spit.

I drink it. Or Bud.

Nothing is more....twee....than beer snobbery.

I would never had guessed that you had proletarian tendencies. Are you sure that you are acting out of character in order to associate yourself with the common folk.There is no need for false modesty; go ahead and daintly sip your white wine. :D

It's a crying shame that western NYers prefer a Canadian beer for their daily grog when there is a perfectly good macro-swill brewery in their own back yard.

Genny Cream Ale is my game-day beer of choice. Silky smooth, with more depth than you get from the rice water coming out of Milwaukee and St. Louis. The most unique and enjoyable brew in the lineup. It breaks my Rochestarian heart that there is not a green can in every hand at the Ralph on Sundays.

I find Genny Red Eye to be inoffensive but bland, an ideal stand-in for Labatt Blue. Genny Light is so bland that it actually is offensive to me, but if you are a light beer drinker then it matters not, because they are all the same. And 12 Horse Ale, well, I guess that's an acquired taste. It has always had oily, industrial undertones to me, but some people love it. At least it's different.

I'm not saying Genny beers are world-beaters, but they stand up to any mass-produced lager you'll find in the Wegmans walk-in, including the exalted Labatt Blue. They're like the Buffalo Bills of beer - The aren't the best, but they're OURS! Go grab a 30 rack and show some local pride!

I can't believe there is no love for Utica Club.

I have plenty of love for Utica Club.

Edited by skibum

It's a crying shame that western NYers prefer a Canadian beer for their daily grog when there is a perfectly good macro-swill brewery in their own back yard.

Genny Cream Ale is my game-day beer of choice. Silky smooth, with more depth than you get from the rice water coming out of Milwaukee and St. Louis. The most unique and enjoyable brew in the lineup. It breaks my Rochestarian heart that there is not a green can in every hand at the Ralph on Sundays.

I find Genny Red Eye to be inoffensive but bland, an ideal stand-in for Labatt Blue. Genny Light is so bland that it actually is offensive to me, but if you are a light beer drinker then it matters not, because they are all the same. And 12 Horse Ale, well, I guess that's an acquired taste. It has always had oily, industrial undertones to me, but some people love it. At least it's different.

I'm not saying Genny beers are world-beaters, but they stand up to any mass-produced lager you'll find in the Wegmans walk-in, including the exalted Labatt Blue. They're like the Buffalo Bills of beer - The aren't the best, but they're OURS! Go grab a 30 rack and show some local pride!

I have plenty of love for Utica Club.

I agree Labatt is nothing to write home about. But Genny? Cream Ale? Yeech. An embarrassment to WNY. But if you are going to drink generic macro beer, might as well make it local. Bud, Coors and Miller are no better to the local swill, IMO.

Rolling Rock was OK for weak beer when it was made in Latrobe. Doesn't seem the same now. Stroh's was good when it was fire-brewed in Detroit. Ballantine XXX Ale was always a decent drink. OV splits were heard to beat. Doesn't taste the same in regular size containers. Lord Chesterfield Ale (by Yuengling) used to be really cheap, and pretty good. Can't get it down here, though.

Back in the day at school…early 90s: Gennee Cream Ale had a unique pop top to its can: If you took an empty can, rotated the top halfway around so that it was over the drinking hole and pushed up from under the top (with your thumbs) …..the top would literally break off like a projectile….with speed….if done right, across a large room.

Perfect for drinking games where you have to put it through the uprights.

Utica Club could be found for $4 a case back then as well.

Well, I live in Los Angeles, so I take what I can get. But, if I could get my hands on it, I'd be drinking Genesee Cream Ale every Sunday. :beer:

Have you tried using the beer finder on the genesee website? I just did a quick search for Los Angeles using it and found several stores that supposedly carry genny cream.

Have you tried using the beer finder on the genesee website? I just did a quick search for Los Angeles using it and found several stores that supposedly carry genny cream.

Wow. I just went to that site, and a bunch of places did pop up. I think that many of them are probably dead ends-- the closest to me is a tiny, old bowling alley that's hardly ever open. But I'm going to make this a Genny Cream Ale quest. My first season with the NFL ticket AND cold Genny Cream Ale??? The stars must be aligning ! Get ready for the Super Bowl everyone!!!

i only got half way through, but we got the shiiiitiest beer on the list.

i also can't believe people are describing the flavor profile of Genny Cream and Labatts. I am a bit of a beer snob, worked at a micro bewery in the midwest for a while. There are so many options for really good beer these days. While I will drink anything around, nobody is considering Labatt Blue and Genny good beers, the same way nobody really thinks McDonalds makes good hamburgers. They have their place and it ends there.

Edited by Mango

i only got half way through, but we got the shiiiitiest beer on the list.

i also can't believe people are describing the flavor profile of Genny Cream and Labatts. I am a bit of a beer snob, worked at a micro bewery in the midwest for a while. There are so many options for really good beer these days. While I will drink anything around, nobody is considering Labatt Blue and Genny good beers, the same way nobody really thinks McDonalds makes good hamburgers. They have their place and it ends there.

Agreed! There are many great beers to choose from, but Labatt's is a good choice for our team's beer. The only major city in the US where the best selling beer is not made in the US. Genny Cream is barely drinkable. Genny screamers - takes me back to the mid 70s watching men's fast pitch softball behind the firehall. Screamers and Mickey's wide-mouth..Or the occassional Miller ponies. All had their time and place, but none stand up to the beers available today. Try a Dogfish 90 or even a Fat tire and then tell me beer is beer...

After today, what else could it be but... arrogant-bastard-ale-21354155.jpg

I was thinking St. Doug's Trappist Ale.

Funny thing is that down here Genny Cream Ale is now a hipster beer of choice. I laugh.

I'm not a snob, beer is beer and I'll definitely drink the Miller cheap stuff, Labatt's, whatever. But if I have my choice in the summertime, the Southern Tier Hop Sun is pretty awesome.