Jerry Jones 'damn mad' about missing Johnny Manziel

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong! It was Jimmy Johnson who pretty much built the Cowboys championship roster. Jimmy has a keen eye for talent and he knew the good/great college players from that era because he had just left the NCAA as Miami coach. Jerrah was along for the ride as the owner. He hasn't done crap since Jimmy left.

The guy took over a struggling franchise and had the balls to fire an icon who was past his prime in Tom Landry and hire a controversial college head coach. Most people thought that was going to be a disaster. Along the lines of what happened when the Bills hired Tom Donahoe and he extracted the teams identity and set it adrift in a sea of losing.....but I digress.

Ballsy move by Jones that spawned the last legitimate dynasty. Trust me in understanding Jimmy's role in building those teams......I was born a 'Canes fan and I am forever grateful for the haul he left the clueless Dennis Erickson aka the only head coach who has actually won multiple national championships at the U......but the truth is that Jimmy never challenged for a title again after he left Dallas. Jimmy Johnson made people forget Tom Landry but he is mostly forgotten for his failed attempt to recreate what he had done in his tenure with the Dolphins.

Owners set the tone for an organization. If anyone knows that it should be a Bills fan.

I do not like Jerry Jones for the things he and Kraft pioneered into the league that helped make Buffalo a true small market team......but Jones is committed to winning. He's basically the modern George Steinbrenner who won some titles and then thought he could be his own GM and missed the playoffs for the next dozen years. Steinbrenner finally hired the right guys to rebuild his farm system and he let them do their job and gave them all the resources they needed and the result was another run of championships. That is an owner at his best. Right now.....Jones simply doesn't have the right guys running his football operations. But he still has a team that is in the playoff picture at the end of the season every year despite overrated talent. Oh and his team is worth $3B so he's not doing too bad of a job on the business end of the deal either.

The guy took over a struggling franchise and had the balls to fire an icon who was past his prime in Tom Landry and hire a controversial college head coach. Most people thought that was going to be a disaster. Along the lines of what happened when the Bills hired Tom Donahoe and he extracted the teams identity and set it adrift in a sea of losing.....but I digress.

Ballsy move by Jones that spawned the last legitimate dynasty. Trust me in understanding Jimmy's role in building those teams......I was born a 'Canes fan and I am forever grateful for the haul he left the clueless Dennis Erickson aka the only head coach who has actually won multiple national championships at the U......but the truth is that Jimmy never challenged for a title again after he left Dallas. Jimmy Johnson made people forget Tom Landry but he is mostly forgotten for his failed attempt to recreate what he had done in his tenure with the Dolphins.

Owners set the tone for an organization. If anyone knows that it should be a Bills fan.

I do not like Jerry Jones for the things he and Kraft pioneered into the league that helped make Buffalo a true small market team......but Jones is committed to winning. He's basically the modern George Steinbrenner who won some titles and then thought he could be his own GM and missed the playoffs for the next dozen years. Steinbrenner finally hired the right guys to rebuild his farm system and he let them do their job and gave them all the resources they needed and the result was another run of championships. That is an owner at his best. Right now.....Jones simply doesn't have the right guys running his football operations. But he still has a team that is in the playoff picture at the end of the season every year despite overrated talent. Oh and his team is worth $3B so he's not doing too bad of a job on the business end of the deal either.

I will give the :devil: his due in that regard. No argument with your perspective of him as businessman.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Jones is a buffoon. As everyone knows, all decisions are his. Any attempt to deflect this decision on someone else is outright dishonesty. You would be hard pressed to find a more despicable human being than Jerry Jones. Perhaps Donald Trump.

This guy is desparate for media interest and jersey sakes, especially now that their expected to miss playoffs again. Can't cash in on Americas team for performance then go for gimmicks. Next up on the horizon will be signing KIM kardashian to PS

Tighte end, Loose end..... Same diffference right?

Um... The last legit dynasty? The Pats also won 3 SBs in 4 years and made it to the SB two other times to boot only to lose in the last minute both times. And they've had a winning record 13 seasons in a row and made the playoffs in 11 of those years (soon to be 12 when they win the afc east again this year). That cowboys team was great, but they're a pale shadow of the pats' dynasty.

C'mon, man!

Edited by dave mcbride

Um... The last legit dynasty? The Pats also won 3 SBs in 4 years and made it to the SB two other times to boot only to lose in the last minute both times. And they've had a winning record 13 seasons in a row and made the playoffs in 11 of those years (soon to be 12 when they win the afc east again this year). That cowboys team was great, but they're a pale shadow of the pats' dynasty.

C'mon, man!

The Patriots* run is more recent, but for fewer years than that of Dallas or SF during their heyday. And, just so we are clear about this, neither the Cowboys nor the 49ers were convicted of cheating. In my mind, that's a huge blemish on the Belicheat era. One NFL has effectively covered up by destroying the evidence.

now you're learning :thumbsup:

I find it interesting that most EJ fans are not JF fans and vice versa.

The moment I'm relying on you to teach me is when life is :death: .

Most Manziel fans don't know :censored: about football. Particularly when it comes to quarterback play.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The Patriots* run is more recent, but for fewer years than that of Dallas or SF during their heyday. And, just so we are clear about this, neither the Cowboys nor the 49ers were convicted of cheating. In my mind, that's a huge blemish on the Belicheat era. One NFL has effectively covered up by destroying the evidence.

I never put much stock in the cheating stuff, especially since Jimmy Johnson openly declared that he did similar stuff and that other teams did it too (and I'd be shocked - shocked - if the Niners were innocent of that stuff). Also, you're wrong about the Cowboys run under Jerry (if that's what you're referring to and not the 20-year Landry run). The good Jones years began in 1991 and charitably lasted until 1998. Anyway, the Pats run isn't done--they clearly have some years to go -- and we're talking about the Jones era, not the Landry and Walsh/Seifert eras. And the Pats have gone 88-24 - 88-24!! - since spygate. They were 70-26 in the years before it. Regular appareances in the sb and championship games and perrennially winning 12+ games -- which they continue to do -- is dynastic in my book.

I never put much stock in the cheating stuff, especially since Jimmy Johnson openly declared that he did similar stuff and that other teams did it too (and I'd be shocked - shocked - if the Niners were innocent of that stuff). Also, you're wrong about the Cowboys run under Jerry (if that's what you're referring to and not the 20-year Landry run). The good Jones years began in 1991 and charitably lasted until 1998. Anyway, the Pats run isn't done--they clearly have some years to go -- and we're talking about the Jones era, not the Landry and Walsh/Seifert eras. And the Pats have gone 88-24 - 88-24!! - since spygate. They were 70-26 in the years before it. Regular appareances in the sb and championship games and perrennially winning 12+ games -- which they continue to do -- is dynastic in my book.

Might Jimmy have cheated? Sure, it's possible. Did Walsh cheat? I doubt it, but he was never accused/caught/convicted. Make all the excuses for Belicheat you like. They guy was caught red-handed and the evidence destroyed. I'm not a conspiracy theorist kind if guy, but when evidence gets destroyed that makes me a bit suspicious.

And the great Dallas dynasty was during the Landry years and lasted (arguably) from 1966-1985, before Jerry and Jimmy came on.

I find it interesting that most EJ fans are not JF fans and vice versa.

When has EJ acted as immature as Johnny Futball?

What one does in college means SQUATT in the NFL until they can prove themselves.

What's Johnny Futball proven? (other than being young and stupid) nada.

Might Jimmy have cheated? Sure, it's possible. Did Walsh cheat? I doubt it, but he was never accused/caught/convicted. Make all the excuses for Belicheat you like. They guy was caught red-handed and the evidence destroyed. I'm not a conspiracy theorist kind if guy, but when evidence gets destroyed that makes me a bit suspicious.

And the great Dallas dynasty was during the Landry years and lasted (arguably) from 1966-1985, before Jerry and Jimmy came on.

I respect your opinion about the cheating stuff, and I know I can't change it. Johnson said that he did in fact "cheat" - i.e., rifling through coordinator room garbage cans immediately after games ended and using that loot for future games. He also said it was common practice. Regardless, the Pats have been a dominant team since Spygate was uncovered, and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future.

So it's purely his maturity?

It's partly his immaturity. It rubbed a lot of people wrong, even when he was lighting it up in college. But he hasn't done anything in pre-season to suggest he's ready to start in the NFL, so that's another strike.

Jones is a sad old man. So desperate for attention and to be in the news. He will never get over the fact that everyone credits Jimmy Johnson for those SB wins. Fix your face!

So it's purely his maturity?

He's a spoiled little brat.

And it's also people like you. You trash EJ every chance you get and ball wash Manziel and make every excuse for him.

Overall, I really don't care about it. I don't think he will be good but as long as the Bills are good, I could care less. But you and ESPN won't let us ignore him.

Jones is a sad old man. So desperate for attention and to be in the news. He will never get over the fact that everyone credits Jimmy Johnson for those SB wins. Fix your face!

He's a spoiled little brat.

And it's also people like you. You trash EJ every chance you get and ball wash Manziel and make every excuse for him.

Overall, I really don't care about it. I don't think he will be good but as long as the Bills are good, I could care less. But you and ESPN won't let us ignore him.

Remember when I asked you to provide proof of me trashing EJ? I do.