Jerry Jones 'damn mad' about missing Johnny Manziel

26CornerBlitz

He should have just picked his player. Garrett doesn't have the long term interest of the organization in mind, he is trying to save his job by making the playoffs this year. Stephen hasn't built a SB team....despite being a .500 team the past 15 years Jerry Jimmy Johnson built a 3 time SB champion from scratch. It's going to take a season from Romo that no rookie QB has ever had.......even in this era of successful rookie QB's.......for the Cowboys to get 9 wins. That defense is utterly bereft of talent.

Fixed it for you

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm, he studies coaches film and breaks down college prospects for a living. Beyond that, he played the game at its highest level.

I'll take his word based on actual evidence over yours. You're an admitted apologist for Manziel who simply lacks the objectivity to criticize ANYTHING about him.

How does Hoge know Johnny doesn't understand offensive concepts? Did he break down film of Johnny's synapses firing in his brain?

Did Hoge play QB? Should we ask Marshawn what he thinks about some college prospects?

Maybe you and Hoge are writing off a rookie QB who's been in the NFL for two months. But I think I'll wait a bit.

Edited by FireChan

How does Hoge know Johnny doesn't understand offensive concepts? Did he break down film of Johnny's synapses firing in his brain?

Did Hoge play QB? Should we ask Marshawn what he thinks about some college prospects?

Maybe you and Hoge are writing off a rookie QB who's been in the NFL for two months. But I think I'll wait a bit.

Thats funny because you have been writing off our own QB who hasnt had THAT much more time? Not even a full season?

Thats funny because you have been writing off our own QB who hasnt had THAT much more time? Not even a full season?

Would you consider this season still technically his rookie season?

oh cool, is Percy Harvin still a rookie?

I was gonna ask why Aaron Rodgers didn't win ROY when he came in.

Would you consider this season still technically his rookie season?

I was gonna ask why Aaron Rodgers didn't win ROY when he came in.

The fact remains that EJ Manuel has not had a full 16 game season and this is his second year in the NFL.....but we are quick to make excuses for Johny Manziel

I am not even saying Manzel wont be a good QB......I dont know.....but there is a double standard there

I listed to Hoge's piece and fully agreed with him. I don't see anything from Manziel that makes me believe in the kid. He looks likes he's trying to play backyard ball. Worked when he was faster than everyone, not sure how it will translate but the early results are not encouraging.

JMO of course

The fact remains that EJ Manuel has not had a full 16 game season and this is his second year in the NFL.....but we are quick to make excuses for Johny Manziel

I am not even saying Manzel wont be a good QB......I dont know.....but there is a double standard there

Everyone knows every Bills player should be faster, stronger, more accurate, quicker, and not be a Buffalo Bill in order to have a shot to be a good player

What double standard? Actually, you are applying the double standard.

JM is a rookie. EJ is not. If we were having this discussion last year, when EJ was a rookie, you would have a valid point. Whether EJ played all 16 games of his rookie season is irrelavant to his status as a rookie. EJ has had a full year (and then some) in a pro environment and has played in actual (as in, for competition's sake) professional football games. JM has less than 4 months in the pros and has played 0 games in the NFL (competitively). There is no comparison unless you are trying to slant the information to match your own argument.

note: this has nothing to do with EJ or JM, I just get so tired of the same tripe used to color a discussion.

And for the record: Hoge = Stephen A = Stojan

Edited by Garranimal

What double standard? Actually, you are applying the double standard.

JM is a rookie. EJ is not. If we were having this discussion last year, when EJ was a rookie, you would have a valid point. Whether EJ played all 16 games of his rookie season is irrelavant to his status as a rookie. EJ has had a full year (and then some) in a pro environment and has played in actual (as in, for competition's sake) professional football games. JM has less than 4 months in the pros and has played 0 games in the NFL (competitively). There is no comparison unless you are trying to slant the information to match your own argument.

note: this has nothing to do with EJ or JM, I just get so tired of the same tripe used to color a discussion.

Your way of base with this....because his 2nd season doesnt start till SUNDAY

Look......after this season if EJ Manuel has shown he is way improved I am with you guys....but the fact of the matter is......ONE injury riddled rookie season. And that is all there is too it

Your way of base with this....because his 2nd season doesnt start till SUNDAY

Look......after this season if EJ Manuel has shown he is way improved I am with you guys....but the fact of the matter is......ONE injury riddled rookie season. And that is all there is too it

John....is EJ a rookie?

I am not wrong, this is week 1 of the 2014-1015 NFL season of which EJ has already participated in pre-season action. EJ's rookie season (and camp and pre-season) ended in December of last year. His sophmore season began when he entered camp this year. You can't spin it any other way.

The sky is blue, no it isn't....but its blue, no it isn't.......

Edited by Garranimal