Biggest NON-EJ worry for 2014

Agree with the linebackers in coverage. Teams that use their tight ends and backs a lot in the passing game will shred us. As great as Spikes is against the run, he is the opposite of great in coverage.

We're going to see this issue in week one with the Bears isolating Spikes in coverage vs Forte. :unsure:

Many good points made here, and it's refreshing to talk about other aspects of the team besides QB. The ownership thing is critical of course and is truly #1 but my point here was to address on-field "worries".

As others have stated, LB coverage in the passing game is another one that bothers me. Spikes has been decent so far IMO, but how long until he;'s exposed? I think the coaches like how Preston Brown can run, but with just a few practices under his belt at SLB is he able to just go out and play without thinking too much and being mechanical?

We're going to see this issue in week one with the Bears isolating Spikes in coverage vs Forte. :unsure:

Yikes. Thought I recalled hearing when Spikes first arrived that he'd play 3 downs "until he proves he can't". Maybe they'll insert Ty Powell in passing situations if Spikes proves early he can't cover. I have heard Marrone rave about Ty Powell a few times during this offseason.

Many good points made here, and it's refreshing to talk about other aspects of the team besides QB. The ownership thing is critical of course and is truly #1 but my point here was to address on-field "worries".

As others have stated, LB coverage in the passing game is another one that bothers me. Spikes has been decent so far IMO, but how long until he;'s exposed? I think the coaches like how Preston Brown can run, but with just a few practices under his belt at SLB is he able to just go out and play without thinking too much and being mechanical?

Yikes. Thought I recalled hearing when Spikes first arrived that he'd play 3 downs "until he proves he can't". Maybe they'll insert Ty Powell in passing situations if Spikes proves early he can't cover. I have heard Marrone rave about Ty Powell a few times during this offseason.

The absence of Kiko will have it's biggest impact in pass coverage IMO. RBs like Forte and Charles will have a distinct matchup advantage. It's a real concern.

1. OL the ability of our guards to drive block and pull- the ability to consistently being able to gain 2 yards running the ball when it's 3rd/4th and 2

2. LBs pass coverage TEs/RBs

3. Base offense personnel - Watkins, Williams, Woods, Chandler, Spiller> Watkins, Woods, Chandler, Spiller, Summers

BILLS pushing Kiko back too early...or letting Kiko talk the staff into letting him play too early...this season is over for him...better to have him next year, fully healthy and fully rehabilitated with little concern for reinjuring the knee rather than losing him for 2 seasons, or worse his whole career for the sake of a couple games, he has too much promise in the long-run to risk it...

Biggest non EJ concern (as my good friend Marrone would say) obviously is the OL. Other areas need a little help but, if the OL is good and can sustain blocks, give EJ more than 2 seconds before the pocket collapses and can open holes for Spiller, we should be averaging at least 2 TDs per game. Add in 3 FGs also and that's 23 points a game.

23 will win some games but not all.