Raiders to start Carr

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you're calling it very, very, very early. And I'm sure you won't mind reminding us if he does happen to win a Super Bowl.

Considering what sad sacks the raiders are [think Bills] if this one decision even puts them even near the play offs, and it could have been just as easy the Bills, yeah I will be reminding.

Finished pre season with a 108 QB rating. I thought I read here all rookie QB's where "raw" and "need years to develop." The reason this is important is because the Bills could have had him and kept next years first.

Didn't ej have pretty solid preseason stats last year too?

Were you clamoring for Carr before the draft, Jim? I don't think too many were. In fact, I think the consensus opinion was that this was a weak QB class.

I like what I see from Carr. We'll see what happens when the bullets really start flying. The AFCW is a hell of a division.

I was but never mentioned it here. I did start a draft Johnny football thread and it was like I supported Satan so I never brought up Carr. The EJ followers here are very sensitive.

Just use our #1 on QBs two years in a row instead of drafting a generational talent at WR. COOL.

He got drafted at 36. The only way to get Carr would have been at #9, or by finding a trade partner and perhaps shedding value on that pick. Also, he and EJ are winless in 2014.

I thought Oakland won that Seahawks game. So now Watkins is a "generational talent" And I'm projecting on Carr?

Carr won because Schaub's career is done. Let's wait until Carr's first real game and games before we start lamenting not taking him.

There's no need for revisionist history with no real record to examine. We'll have all season to do so should things not go well.

You have a long memory. Yes I did call for the Bills to draft JF. And I stand by it.

I can respect that, but I'm sure as hell happy the Bills didn't give "everything" to draft a project QB when they already have one who needs quite a bit of development. I'm expecting your guy to flame out with 5 years. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Go Bills!

I can respect that, but I'm sure as hell happy the Bills didn't give "everything" to draft a project QB when they already have one who needs quite a bit of development. I'm expecting your guy to flame out with 5 years. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Go Bills!

Why? Because of the running thing? His size? He reminds me a lot of Fran Tarkington and I would call his career pretty darn good.

Why? Because of the running thing? His size? He reminds me a lot of Fran Tarkington and I would call his career pretty darn good.

First things I question are his character, judgment, and maturity. He seems to be more focused on being rich and famous than becoming a great NFL QB. Beyond that, I question whether his playing style of one read and run translate to the NFL. His ability to get by on athleticism and playmaking at A&M isn't going to work for him in the NFL against bigger, stronger, and faster players. To be a successful NFL QB, you have to be able to beat defenses from the pocket within the structure of an offense and I question his ability to do that.

Finished pre season with a 108 QB rating. I thought I read here all rookie QB's where "raw" and "need years to develop." The reason this is important is because the Bills could have had him and kept next years first.

Only 108? Only 68% completion? EJ beat that with with a 112 QB rating as a rookie in preseason and a 78% completion percentage.

Whats crazy is EJ's numbers last year were good for a rookie, heck he was on pace for a very good rookie season.

Edited by TheTruthHurts