Raiders to start Carr

Too early to tell, but after watching him in pre-season, he is already way ahead of EJ Manuel in every way. He looked very good.

About that we shall see. I love how people come to these conclusions in the preseason when QB's face little to nothing in the way of complex defenses and blitz schemes. Let's see some meaningful regular season action before we anoint any rookie QB as the next chosen one.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think when he beat teams like Alabama he wasn't playing pee wee football.

Johnny Football was 1-1 vs Bama.

Johnny Football won 0 National Championships

Johnny Football won 0 SEC Championships

Heck, he could not even win the West Division of the SEC.

Were you clamoring for Carr before the draft, Jim? I don't think too many were. In fact, I think the consensus opinion was that this was a weak QB class.

I like what I see from Carr. We'll see what happens when the bullets really start flying. The AFCW is a hell of a division.

I was all about Carr (toss up between him and Manziel). I can handle him going before we picked in the second. If he'd made it to our second pick and we passed it'd be Russell Wilson all over again.

I was all about Carr (toss up between him and Manziel). I can handle him going before we picked in the second. If he'd made it to our second pick and we passed it'd be Russell Wilson all over again.

Or the big miss rarely mentioned here, Nick Foles. This is what bothers me about the EJ thing. Will we miss opportunity after opportunity because "He's it?" We could have had Carr with the #1. But no we have to surround EJ with "support." I am getting way too old for these 5 year plans.

Very deep QB class this year .. Bortles, johnny, Bridgewater, Carr, garoppolo ...much deeper than last year.

Agreed, I would have been happy with any QB other than Manziel.

Johnny Football was 1-1 vs Bama.

Johnny Football won 0 National Championships

Johnny Football won 0 SEC Championships

Heck, he could not even win the West Division of the SEC.

Manziel is a disgrace to the game. I am so happy we didn't reach for him. He will be in jail, or suspended within the next three years. Johnny Football, what a joke. He is the Justin Beiber of the NFL.

Edited by DirtDart

Agreed, I would have been happy with any QB other than Manziel.

Manziel is a disgrace to the game. I am so happy we didn't reach for him. He will be in jail, or suspended within the next three years. Johnny Football, what a joke. He is the Justin Beiber of the NFL.

Again this thread is not about Manziel. It's about Carr. Go start a I hate JM thread.

Finished pre season with a 108 QB rating. I thought I read here all rookie QB's where "raw" and "need years to develop." The reason this is important is because the Bills could have had him and kept next years first.

but but but we wouldn't have Watkins

( not that I dislike him just that QBs ARE WAY MORE IMPORTANT, everyone else is a two and QBs are 10 if they are good)

Maybe he's different then the average rookie. ''He's not your typical rookie,'' center Stefen Wisniewski said. ''He's got an NFL quarterback older brother that's been teaching him for years. He understands defenses at a very advanced level more than most rookies would. I think Derek gets way more prepared than most rookies would be.'' It just bothers me that we could have had him and didn't because of this EJ at any cost thing.

I'd draft a QB every year till we had one then trade some for other QBs for skill positions to fast track the team.

but but but we wouldn't have Watkins

( not that I dislike him just that QBs ARE WAY MORE IMPORTANT, everyone else is a two and QBs are 10 if they are good)

I'd draft a QB every year till we had one then trade some for other QBs for skill positions to fast track the team.

Agree. That's why I started this thread. We need a QB NOW and all these EJ supporters are willing to wait years and years and then start over. Is EJ really that sensitive that we can't draft a QB now?

Agree. That's why I started this thread. We need a QB NOW and all these EJ supporters are willing to wait years and years and then start over. Is EJ really that sensitive that we can't draft a QB now?

I think it is just old school NFL thinking; you draft a QB, draft some skill guys the next year, pray to God it works, repeat 3 yrs latter.

Too late to get a QB now as Orton was probably a steal at this point.

I read that EJ was sensitive to criticism but I really don't think that affected the FO as they felt he was their guy come hell or high water.

We just have to see how it goes now, If my sig comes to fruition then it's Superbowl dynasty.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I think it is just old school NFL thinking; you draft a QB, draft some skill guys the next year, pray to God it worsks, repeat 3 yrs latter.

Too late to get a QB now as Orton was probably a steal at this point.

I read that EJ was sensitive to criticism but I really don't think that affected the FO as they felt he was their guy come hell or high water.

We just have to see how it goes now, If my sig comes to fruition then it's Superbowl dynasty.

I honestly think this dog paddling to the surface Will end with the new owner. Clean sweep. No more excuses.

Or the big miss rarely mentioned here, Nick Foles. This is what bothers me about the EJ thing. Will we miss opportunity after opportunity because "He's it?" We could have had Carr with the #1. But no we have to surround EJ with "support." I am getting way too old for these 5 year plans.

Manuel and Foles have almost exactly the same stats for their respective rookie seasons. The only one which is drastically different is that EJ had a much higher winning percentage than Foles. Now add to this that EJ had a rookie HC and OC coming from college, while Foles had long time NFL offensive coach and head coach Andy Reid.

If you want to be fair, then you must give EJ Manuel at least few games into his second season before pining away for Nick Foles.

BTW, if the Bills had Chip Kelly this season, EJ Manuel would have the same season this year that Nick Foles had last year. Hackett is a joke compared to Kelly. Hackett has just as much to prove as does Manuel.

Manuel and Foles have almost exactly the same stats for their respective rookie seasons. The only one which is drastically different is that EJ had a much higher winning percentage than Foles. Now add to this that EJ had a rookie HC and OC coming from college, while Foles had long time NFL offensive coach and head coach Andy Reid.

If you want to be fair, then you must give EJ Manuel at least few games into his second season before pining away for Nick Foles.

BTW, if the Bills had Chip Kelly this season, EJ Manuel would have the same season this year that Nick Foles had last year. Hackett is a joke compared to Kelly. Hackett has just as much to prove as does Manuel.

Couldn't disagree more. EJ doesn't look close to Foles ability.