Raiders to start Carr

I thought Bortles looked really good this preseason as well.

But the Raiders really had no choice because Matt "Pick 6" Schaub just done lost his damn game.

So you're saying that Schaub's poor performance put Carr in the driver's seat? B-)

Speaking of which: I'd really like to see Jeff Tuel become Carr's backup. "If our Carr ever breaks, we'll have the right Tuel to deal with the problem."

Edited by Edwards' Arm

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're saying that Schaub's poor performance put Carr in the driver's seat? B-)

Speaking of which: I'd really like to see Jeff Tuel become Carr's backup. "If our Carr ever breaks, we'll have the right Tuel to deal with the problem."

So you weren't satisfied with "we already read the Manuel, but still need the right Tuel for the job?"

I'd draft a QB every year till we had one then trade some for other QBs for skill positions to fast track the team.

This has to be one of the stupidest concepts ever mentioned on this board.

It only took me a couple of minutes to think this through and to realize how bad this concept was.

This has to be one of the stupidest concepts ever mentioned on this board.

It only took me a couple of minutes to think this through and to realize how bad this concept was.

Exactly. This ain't baseball where you can stockpile live arms in the minors and then trade them to get stud position players.

Didn't ej have pretty solid preseason stats last year too?

Teul looked good too.

Foles preseason stats from 2013, his 2nd NFL season:

27/42 (64%) for 271 yards(6.4 YPA) and 0 TDs 0 INTs

EJ Manuel 2014 preseason (games 1-4):

48/75 (64%) for 498 yards(6.6 YPA) and 1 TD 2 INTs

You sure about that?

That's funny

being the last pre season game I have no doubt it was a mix. But he got his TD's in the beginning of the game against at lest some starters not after the half against 2's and 3's. Hint-EJ. Face it if he was a Bills rookie this place would be screaming 19-0.

stopped reading right there. SB champions last preseason game on a short week with nothing to prove.