Raiders to start Carr

Couldn't disagree more. EJ doesn't look close to Foles ability.

You wouldn't have said this at this time last year. You're basing that off of his second season under Chip Kelly. Until the real games were played, Foles was considered nothing more than a placeholder till Kelly found "his" QB.

With that being said, Manuel does need to show big improvements this season just like Foles did in his second year. Manuel has no excuses. I'm not expecting Foles numbers (because Kelly is a genius), but I am expecting to see a big jump from last year that will solidify his starter status. This team is not going to wait even a half season for Manuel to settle down with Kyle Orton sitting on the bench. The Bills need to look like a team that will be real contender right out of the gate and that falls squarely on Manuel's shoulders.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't disagree more. EJ doesn't look close to Foles ability.

Foles preseason stats from 2013, his 2nd NFL season:

27/42 (64%) for 271 yards(6.4 YPA) and 0 TDs 0 INTs

EJ Manuel 2014 preseason (games 1-4):

48/75 (64%) for 498 yards(6.6 YPA) and 1 TD 2 INTs

You sure about that?

You sure about that?

Preseason games? You sure about that?

I actually think that Nick Foles is the perfect guy to judge EJ Manuel by this season. The Bills need to see a somewhat dramatic rise in QB production given the weapons he has and this being his second season.

Preseason games? You sure about that?

I actually think that Nick Foles is the perfect guy to judge EJ Manuel by this season. The Bills need to see a somewhat dramatic rise in QB production given the weapons he has and this being his second season.

Yea, preseason stats mean very little. Just thought it was funny how similar Foles was last year, in his 2nd NFL preseason, and EJ is this year in preseason. And Foles was facing more 2/3's because Vick was figured to be the starter.

Finished pre season with a 108 QB rating. I thought I read here all rookie QB's where "raw" and "need years to develop." The reason this is important is because the Bills could have had him and kept next years first.

that cant be right, i thought it was impossible for a QB especially a young one to be productive in the preseason because teams dont even get into their playbook or do any gameplanning

that cant be right, i thought it was impossible for a QB especially a young one to be productive in the preseason because teams dont even get into their playbook or do any gameplanning

You mean like EJ last pre-season?

Agreed, I would have been happy with any QB other than Manziel.

Manziel is a disgrace to the game. I am so happy we didn't reach for him. He will be in jail, or suspended within the next three years. Johnny Football, what a joke. He is the Justin Beiber of the NFL.

Oh yes, such a disgrace to the reverent NFL. The same organization that has white collar criminals as owners. Drug addicts as owners. Wife beaters making millions as players. Sociopathic murderers as players. But that Johnny, legally drinking alcohol and giving the middle finger to another player, what a disgrace.

You sure about that?

I guess in your world "preseason stats" mean everything.

I guess in your world "preseason stats" mean everything.

Well it's kind of hard to compare them otherwise. Nick Foles is going on his third year in the league, EJ is on his second. So one can easily compare there 2nd preseason, because they both have had that. Are you saying we should compare Nick Foles now to EJ now? Are you saying you knew Nick Foles was going to have an amazing season based on last years preseason?

Oh yes, such a disgrace to the reverent NFL. The same organization that has white collar criminals as owners. Drug addicts as owners. Wife beaters making millions as players. Sociopathic murderers as players. But that Johnny, legally drinking alcohol and giving the middle finger to another player, what a disgrace.

Not going to argue that at all, very true. However, that dude will be right there with them, mark my words.