Raiders to start Carr

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First things I question are his character, judgment, and maturity. He seems to be more focused on being rich and famous than becoming a great NFL QB. Beyond that, I question whether his playing style of one read and run translate to the NFL. His ability to get by on athleticism and playmaking at A&M isn't going to work for him in the NFL against bigger, stronger, and faster players. To be a successful NFL QB, you have to be able to beat defenses from the pocket within the structure of an offense and I question his ability to do that.

Well I think when he beat teams like Alabama he wasn't playing pee wee football.

Well I think when he beat teams like Alabama he wasn't playing pee wee football.

No, he was playing College football. There have been far more successful college QBs that have failed miserably in the NFL than have succeeded. Even beating the mighty Alabama is equivalent to beating the third string of bad NFL team.

An overstatement for sure. He had a series of minor knee injuries.

No thing that puts you on the sideline for multiple games is minor.

Yes, many professional talent evaluators believe that Watkins was the best player in a strong draft. If you don't like EJ, fine, there's an Orton train that passes thru town. Lusting after a guy who had a decent preseason seems premature though.

Watkins? I have been told here collage play means nothing.

No thing that puts you on the sideline for multiple games is minor.

Watkins? I have been told here collage play means nothing.

Maybe not his collage play alone, but when you take in the full spectrum of his work - the sculpture, the murals, the multimedia work, the performance art - Watkins really has the makings of an emerging American master. I expect a Whitney Museum retrospective in 2016.

That's all we can hope for. I have every right to piss and moan we should have got this or that player, but we didn't so EJ is the man for now.

I think what really hurts here is that Cyrus didnt come out and grab that RT position from day one like most of us expected him to. It has been said many times had Cyrus not been a 2nd round pick he probably would have been cut this offseason he was literally that bad.

Now....offensive linemen can get better.....maybe he needed a LOT of refinement.....even more then Whaley thought.

Finished pre season with a 108 QB rating. I thought I read here all rookie QB's where "raw" and "need years to develop." The reason this is important is because the Bills could have had him and kept next years first.

Too early to tell, but after watching him in pre-season, he is already way ahead of EJ Manuel in every way. He looked very good.

Finished pre season with a 108 QB rating. I thought I read here all rookie QB's where "raw" and "need years to develop." The reason this is important is because the Bills could have had him and kept next years first.

I thought Bortles looked really good this preseason as well.

But the Raiders really had no choice because Matt "Pick 6" Schaub just done lost his damn game.