Am I the only one who still believes in EJ?

YoloinOhio

Do you think he'll become more accurate over the course of a full season? Doubtful. You can't teach accuracy - or feel for the game.

Apparently it was a fluke that from the first time I threw a baseball to now is more accurate. Why did I ever bother going to baseball practice?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think he'll become more accurate over the course of a full season? Doubtful. You can't teach accuracy - or feel for the game.

what about developing chemistry with receivers. Maybe he doesn't develop more pinpoint accuracy but he and the receivers adjust more to each other therefore completing more passes. I think that is likely (I also think accuracy can improve with practice, coaching and confidence).

what about developing chemistry with receivers. Maybe he doesn't develop more pinpoint accuracy but he and the receivers adjust more to each other therefore completing more passes. I think that is likely (I also think accuracy can improve with practice, coaching and confidence).

Forget that! Everything should be like instant pudding. :lol:

Sure you can, it's called footwork. It's why he was more accurate in weeks one and two and looked horrific last week.

It should be no surprise that Manuel looks iffy when he's pressured. He looks nervous back there because he's not processing the field fast enough and he's watching the pass rush. It's called being a young QB.

Maybe he never gets better or maybe it all starts to click in week 9. Nobody knows, but to say you can't teach accuracy is a bunch of bunk. To be accurate he has to have solid fundamentals and those can be taught one way: repetition.

EJ has to run.... Run like there's no tomorrow...

Love him or hate him, NO ONE respects this kid's arm. That's thanks, in part, to Nat Hackett's lousy playcalling.

EJ is going to have to MAKE them respect his arm... -By getting them to respect his LEGS.

Granted, it's risky. -No risk no reward.

More designed runs.

Two tight end sets to create mismatches.

That's the only way we have a chance.

EJ sux as a runner, don't know why people think he can.

This point is really fairly silly. We have all seen good throwers become better passers and become more accurate as they gain experience from being a raw rookie with a strong arm to a seasoned vet who increases their accuracy as they gain experience and are TAUGHT the game.

There is a huge difference between more static demographic issues where like it or not an athlete is a specific height and you can't teach tallness or a certain speed and you cannot teach a tortoise to be a hare.

Yet even with these more static measures, with practice and hard work a player can be taught. Arguably you can't teach height, but players learn to time their leaps better and make a catch at the top of their jump even though they are not taller or even if their jumping height does not improve.

We have all seen vets lose a step in speed but become better receivers as they learn to need fewer steps to get where they want to go.

Better receivers increase increase the QBs accuracy.

Don Beebe even claims yiu can increase speed and makes money selling his techniques.

Having Sammy Watkina has increased EJs accuracy as seen in Watkin's 8 catch game against Miami. He gets separation quicker and forces DBs to play off him which ends up reflecting itself in greater accuracy for EJ as measured in his completion %.

I'm in Yolo!

The biggest roadblock EJ faces is in his coaching staff, and lack of a quality line. Hurry up or no hurry up that line & Hackett can't seem to get the run game going, and not only does that kill a young QB. It makes it impossible for the defense.

A proper run game will cure everything.

I'm at the same place that I was on EJ a little while back. I still think that he has a chance to be a franchise guy but not a good chance. I like how he has taken care if the football so far this year. With that being said he needs to make some plays down the field and some plays with his feet. He needs to get the ball in his playmaker's hands.

I'm at the same place that I was on EJ a little while back. I still think that he has a chance to be a franchise guy but not a good chance. I like how he has taken care if the football so far this year. With that being said he needs to make some plays down the field and some plays with his feet. He needs to get the ball in his playmaker's hands.

agreed. He had a bad game on Sunday but the WRs running wrong/bad routes and the OL playing poorly should not be thrown out the window as factors in his performance. It was a bad game by a majority of the team. By no means is that an excuse but even the team admits he isn't the type of QB at this point who is going to overcome a lack of execution in key areas and carry the team. That is just the reality if where he is right now. On the other hand he isn't the type of QB to lose a game as a result of his own errors when the rest of the team is executing. Some people want a different type of QB but this is what we have and the bills are coaching to that. Let's hope for a must win approach this Sunday from the collective bunch.

agreed. He had a bad game on Sunday but the WRs running wrong/bad routes and the OL playing poorly should not be thrown out the window as factors in his performance. It was a bad game by a majority of the team. By no means is that an excuse but even the team admits he isn't the type of QB at this point who is going to overcome a lack of execution in key areas and carry the team. That is just the reality if where he is right now. On the other hand he isn't the type of QB to lose a game as a result of his own errors when the rest of the team is executing. Some people want a different type of QB but this is what we have and the bills are coaching to that. Let's hope for a must win approach this Sunday from the collective bunch.

Last thing on that, the team that the Bills played last weekend is REALLY good. That SD team is one of the best 5 or so teams in football.

Last thing on that, the team that the Bills played last weekend is REALLY good. That SD team is one of the best 5 or so teams in football.

The problem with SD is they have had some significant injuries that I think will impact them going forward. Especially Woodhead. However their CBs, which was their wrak link last year and led to most, if not all, of their losses, is siginifcantly improved this year through Flowers and Verrett. This will help. And although their schedule appeared really tough before the season with the NFC West, Denver 2x, KC 2x, NE.... they already beat Seattle and got the AZ loss out of the way. Now SF and NE look beatable, KC isn't quite the team we saw last year with Charles hurt and a lot of FA departures, and they did split with Denver last year which I expect to happen again. If they can overcome those injuries they are in good shape.

That's an interesting claim - they look so slight at RB, especially with the injuries. But they seem to be able to weather that storm, so far. But other teams have made the playoffs with not much more than Donald Brown, and Rivers seems to be able to open things up for whatever RB they stick in there.

That's an interesting claim - they look so slight at RB, especially with the injuries. But they seem to be able to weather that storm, so far. But other teams have made the playoffs with not much more than Donald Brown, and Rivers seems to be able to open things up for whatever RB they stick in there.

Woodhead was 30% of their offense. They need to adequately replace that. Not sure how they can but McCoy is a master of taking what he has and somehow getting it to work.

The only solace I can take is that maybe the game is going too fast for EJ. That is the comment from every rookie that enters the NFL; The Speed of the game is so different it takes time to adjust.

You can see the game is slow for a 10 year vet like Rivers. Kyle Williams and the D-Line got a lot of pressure but Rivers looked at them like they were moving in slow motion and delivered the ball at the last second.

EJ got skittish with any movement on the D-Line and couldn't deliver the ball on time in a place where a receiver could make a play on the ball. It truly was trrrrible on Sunday. If you try to defend his play from last Sunday you just look silly because it was so so so so bad.

Now again with time maybe the game can slow down for EJ and he can look past the D-Line and deliver the ball downfield.

The problem is the rest of the team is built to win today not 3 years from now.

Kyle Williams, Dareus, Freddy Jackson, Spiller, Mario will probably all be out of town in 3 years. Maybe by then something might click with EJ.

My main source of frustration is that it is clearly just such a waste of potential. The Bills need only adequate QB play to win in 2014. EJ just isn't an adequate NFL QB in 2014. It doesn't matter what colored glasses you have on EJ doesn't look ready for 2014.

The Division is wide open and the Bills only need a game manager QB to win it.