RT is Pears?

r00tabaga

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither Cyrus or Cyril are NFL ready. Everyone other than the Bills knew this before the draft, that's why they "slid" to us in the draft. Anyone watch the shrine game or whatever it was where Cyril was schooled and tooled? I've never seen an OL so out of his element as watching him in that game. Now he's supposed to start on our OL? So our big plan boils down to a hope and prayer that they somehow outperform every other team's expectations and for the he**ll of it we throw in a 7th round draft pick as our Savior at RT? Really?! Let's also trade our #1 next year to move up a couple places to draft a WR!?? A WR?!

Now we have a young QB with little natural instinct to play the position at the NFL level, playing behind an inferior OL and listening to an inexperienced, in NFL terms, coaching staff. OooooKK..........Let's go find a really good punter!

So many on this board asked, why should we "waste" a pick @ #9 for an athletic OT? We don't need an OT when we can easily find one later in the draft! Ok, where is he? We picked three OL! WTF? As I said before the draft, many of the people on this board know little if anything about football. Well, NFL football anyway. Perhaps you should switch over to European football. This game is still won and lost in the trenches. First, run and stop the run. IT would be nice to stop a third and long too but, some day we'll get it...

Edited by Bills Fan of Maryland

Neither Cyrus or Cyril are NFL ready. Everyone other than the Bills knew this before the draft, that's why they "slid" to us in the draft. Anyone watch the shrine game or whatever it was where Cyril was schooled and tooled? I've never seen an OL so out of his element as watching him in that game. Now he's supposed to start on our OL? So our big plan boils down to a hope and prayer that they somehow outperform every other team's expectations and for the he**ll of it we throw in a 7th round draft pick as our Savior at RT? Really?! Let's also trade our #1 next year to move up a couple places to draft a WR!?? A WR?!

Now we have a young QB with little natural instinct to play the position at the NFL level, playing behind an inferior OL and listening to an inexperienced, in NFL terms, coaching staff. OooooKK..........Let's go find a really good punter!

So many on this board asked, why should we "waste" a pick @ #9 for an athletic OT? We don't need an OT when we can easily find one later in the draft! Ok, where is he? We picked three OL! WTF? As I said before the draft, many of the people on this board know little if anything about football. Well, NFL football anyway. Perhaps you should switch over to European football. This game is still won and lost in the trenches. First, run and stop the run. IT would be nice to stop a third and long too but, some day we'll get it...

this is a very strange post. Out of place and poorly informed. By all accounts Cyril improved greatly as camp went on and was pushing the starters. Henderson looks like one of the biggest steals of the entire draft. Sure Cyrus has been awful and I have little faith in him getting much better. Step of the ledge and at least look forward to the opener

this is a very strange post. Out of place and poorly informed. By all accounts Cyril improved greatly as camp went on and was pushing the starters. Henderson looks like one of the biggest steals of the entire draft. Sure Cyrus has been awful and I have little faith in him getting much better. Step of the ledge and at least look forward to the opener

Ok tod - I'll take the criticism. The post was in response to Jumbalya and his comment on Kujo, hence the placement though I should have quoted. Cyril may have improved in camp, but I maintain watching him play in the Senior Bowl was memorable and made me feel really bad for the guy. The rant I was on was about our choices in the draft and so many people's opinion that you can find great lineman later in the draft so why waste a high pick on an OT. That's akin to saying you can find your franchise QB later just because NE did. Kujo slid, Cyril slid and Henderson crashed. Well maybe we did get lucky with Henderson, we'll see. It's just been preseason right? You have to admit that if you watched the games, the OL play overall/top to bottom has been abysmal. After watching this preseason, I am less optimistic than ever that our offense is prepared for a season. We'll see.

I think he should be. He's our best receiver until Sammy takes that title. No disrespect to Williams abilities, I'm just big on Woods.

I understand that take as people like Woods from his play last year. Living in Tampa, I've watche Williams for four years, and in my humble opinion. I'd pick Williams over Woods. Williams can run routes as well as Woods, but he gets out of his brakes better, and he has great leaping ability. He's an excellent red zone threat. It doesn't matter though as there will be 3 WR on the field more times than not.

CJ as Kick Returner? He'll last until week 3 doing that....

We can afford it as we have 4 sound RB's. McKelvin is as good but he has been hurt and we need him more at CB.

Kujo is a bust #2 pick. Why are they hanging on to such a slow immobile player?

Too much invested in a #2 pick. Whaley like his predecessor with the move up #3 pick to get Graham,

Would look like he and his scouts aren't good at their jobs. Chris Williams may make the Legursky cut look bad. if that is possible.

Kujo aside I Think the o-line will show they have regressed. What position did Marrone play again? What was a real offseason need to

Help the new QB stay upright and have time to make a downfield play develop. They certainly tried but there was zero cohesiveness with the O- line this pre season. A poster here started a thread on this very topic.

At this point I will now say the new TBD posting mantra " i hope I am wrong"

The depth chart has been updated and Henderson is indeed starting at RT.

Love how this post was right after that post.