Would you, right now, trade EJ for Tannehill straight up?

FireChan

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you say no then you're basically hoping that EJ makes the same improvement as Tannehill in year two and continues to get better. It's a tough call. I don't think Tannehill will become some top 10 QB either so what am I really trying to accomplish with this.

What makes EJ have the higher ceiling? Tannehill is just as athletic and just as raw as a QB.

Well, we'll have to disagree on that point. But I've never heard anyone talking about Tannehill's intangibles the way they talk about EJ's either.

Anyone who says no, should stop watching football right now because you obviously don't understand what you are seeing when you watch a game.

Yes. Anyone who says no is an unfrozen caveman football fan.

Well, we'll have to disagree on that point. But I've never heard anyone talking about Tannehill's intangibles the way they talk about EJ's either.

Yes. Anyone who says no is an unfrozen caveman football fan.

I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with you I was just curious as to why you thought EJ had the higher ceiling. If anything I think their ceilings are pretty comparable.

Yes, equally high upside (Tannehill only had 1 year of true college QB experience, and two years of NFL now, compared to four college and 1 NFL for EJ, so it is reasonable to assume Tannehill has at least as much to gain by experience), has proven to be durable, and seems to have a lower floor. I would be surprised if any GMs in the NFL would not do that trade.

Hilarious. Compare their rookie years. http://www.nfl.com/player/ryantannehill/2532956/profile

http://www.nfl.com/player/ejmanuel/2539228/profile

But I guess that even though EJ had slightly better #s than Tannehill despite missing 5 games, he can't improve.

The guys who want to replace EJ just hate him. They wanted us to draft Manziel, who looked like a high schooler this preseason. Maybe Manuel can play better if everyone gets off his Richard.

I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with you I was just curious as to why you thought EJ had the higher ceiling. If anything I think their ceilings are pretty comparable.

I don't agree that they have comparable athleticism, that's one reason.

And by all accounts, save those bitching out his positive post-game PC's, say that EJ has the drive and attitude to lead men. I've never heard anyone say that about Tannehill.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BB, for as much crap as I gave you about Tannehill and Blake Bortles it seems you were right. I would take Tannehill over EJ for certain and Blake Bortles has done nothing but impress with his play this preseason.

Tannehill baffles me. He's good, belongs in the league and is a top 15 QB but then he turns in a stinker every once in a while. He is also winless in starts against the Bills.

I don't see him being a great QB. An Ok one. He will start for 8-10 years but in a few years people will be talking about how the fins are limited by Tallwacker and how he can't win a playoff game. I've seen him wilt under pressure the past few years. Last year for example. He had to beat either the 8-8 Jets or the 6-10 Bills to be a playoff team. The Bills playing with a backup QB and nothing to play for dominated him. He had less that 100 yards passing IIRC. 57 sacks against him last year isn't just on the o-line http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZourGM6KRo

He also fumbles in bad spots. I just don't think he's much of a gamer when it matters

I'd be willing to bet if the Bills drafted him a few years ago we would be clamoring for a new QB next year. I'm always unimpressed by him.