No trade partners for TJ? Shocking!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am actually a little surprised. He was a third round pick not long ago and has shown flashes of being a decent player. I'm surprised someone hasn't offered a conditional 7th that could turn out to be nothing.

Plus Nix actually traded up for him!! Why trade a 7th he will be cut in two days. only the bIlls give up draft picks for players they then don't even use. T jax being just a single example.

New ownership cannot get here fast enough.

The TJ trade up is the most bizarre draft maneuver I've ever witnessed. Trading away that 7th only leap frogged Jacksonville who already drated Blackmon. The chances of them wanting TJ were pretty much zero. He was always considered a long shot prospect, not a 3rd rounder by any stretch of the imagination. This was obvious then, confirmed by his constant failure. Why is he still here?

If Whaley can pull another rabbit out of his hat and trade someone who's destined to be cut in the next 72 hours, that would be incredible. I just don't see it happening without him being showcased tonight. Let's see how many balls he has thrown his way tonight, I'm guessing he'll once again be invisible though not for lack of effort.

OTOH, if he has no balls his way, or he doesnt play, it suggests a trade is already in the works. Sweet.

If I was another GM and I was thinking of TJ, I would just wait for him to be cut. There will probably be a few WRs with his level of talent and experience that will end up being cut. He isn't worth giving anything up for if you can just sign him with no strings attached in a week or so.

The TJ trade up is the most bizarre draft maneuver I've ever witnessed. Trading away that 7th only leap frogged Jacksonville who already drated Blackmon. The chances of them wanting TJ were pretty much zero. He was always considered a long shot prospect, not a 3rd rounder by any stretch of the imagination. This was obvious then, confirmed by his constant failure.

I am serious.....Buddy probably wanted to go to bed.

The TJ trade up is the most bizarre draft maneuver I've ever witnessed. Trading away that 7th only leap frogged Jacksonville who already drated Blackmon. The chances of them wanting TJ were pretty much zero. He was always considered a long shot prospect, not a 3rd rounder by any stretch of the imagination. This was obvious then, confirmed by his constant failure. Why is he still here?

The fear wasn't so much that Jacksonville was going to draft TJ as it was that another team desirious of him was going to trade up with Jacksonville and snatch his "coveted" player away. No matter how you look at the Graham pick it was a bad pick from a talent rating standpoint. He probably would have been available it the next round. Buddy Nix followed the same peculiar drafting evaluation when he selected Torrell Troup in the seoond round. TT was an undersized NT with a history of back problems who was taken in a round or two higher than he should have.

Buddy Nix was a checkers player competing with chess players. He was in over his head. His W/L record is an accurate reflectiion of his job performance. Bypassing Russell Wilson for a qb starved team for TJ Graham had a profound affect on the franchise. It was a powerful kick in the nuts that kept this franchise reeling in pain.

Edited by JohnC

Whaley is pretty good at this kind of stuff, as evidenced by the Hughes for Sheppard trade, and even Thad for Chris White (which worked for a year at least). He may still be able to pry a back-up that can contribute for a backup that cannot.

Just admit defeat and trade him for a lower pick than he was taken with. Utter waste of time. Thanks, Buddy.