How Can Anyone Turn This Team Around?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure a competent HC could do it. I'm still holding hope out that Marrone is one, but he has my patience for exactly one more season and that's it. When is the last time we had a REAL HC in town, not someone best suited to be a coordinator? I'm going to say Marv.

I think the only thing holding us back is our OC... if we had a solid OC that could design plays to our strengths, things would turn around quickly.

Second is EJ and the OL, but I think part of their deficiencies come back to the coaching, as well.

Is it possible to change the losing culture of this team? If so, who do you think would be capable of doing it?

I think the best way to change the losing culture of this team is by winning more games.

Is it possible to change the losing culture of this team? If so, who do you think would be capable of doing it?

You're asking the wrong question; it's not "who," but "what."

The "what" is winning.

i'm not sold on the OC either. he seems to be happier getting rid of players that don't fit his scheme. its about working with the personal you have and customizing it to their strengths and the oppositions weakness.

i actually feel stupid typing that.

its like saying the team that scores the most points wins.

EJ needs his dump offs, he should run timing patters, use more than 4 plays, get CJ involved in the open field, and take some shots down the field….OFTEN!

i have the feeling that hackett has no idea what to do with the players he has.

i think the right coaching system would make EJ look like a beast.

he has the physical tools to play the game

he looks like a ok qb once he settles down. that didn't seem to happen in the last game until the 3rd quarter

maybe take that into account and game plan for it.

The real question should be can anyone turn around the negativity on this board! It's not even the regular season yet for heaven's sake. What I wouldn't give to be able to discuss the Bills optimistically with some people.

The real question should be can anyone turn around the negativity on this board! It's not even the regular season yet for heaven's sake. What I wouldn't give to be able to discuss the Bills optimistically with some people.

I think the best way to turn around the negativity on this board is by winning more games.

I can accept "winning" as a way to turn the team around--that's the obvious 30,000-foot answer. There are plenty of posters who provide thoughtful analysis about the various aspects of the operation that have to improve. What amazes me are the number of TBD posters who identify a single aspect of the team, e.g. EJ, Hackett, Marrone, O Line, receivers, as the impediment to what they--all of us--want to see. I'm far from an expert, but even I know that there are myriad issues that, when addressed, will result in a winning season.

The priority should have been to obtain a top notch QB wihin the last two years. Manuel doesn't seem to be that man. He was a reach to be taken in R1 when most other NFL GMs had him rated in R4 or later. Do the Bills really think that their smarter than everybody else??

The Bills were willing to part with two R1 picks and a R4 pick for a WR, but they should have used those picks and whatever else was needed to obtain a franchise QB. Get your franchise QB first!!

Nothing against Watkins. I firmly believe that he will be a great player, but we need a franchise QB far more than we need a franchise WR.

The Bills were foolish to put all of their eggs in one basket with Manuel. He's just not ready...........may never be ready.

I agree completely with boatdrinks. For the Bills to turn things around they need: 1. a franchise QB; 2. Belichick/Brady to retire.

It's ridiculous how much the Belichick/Brady combo overmatches every other HC/starting QB in the AFC East.

i'm not sold on the OC either. he seems to be happier getting rid of players that don't fit his scheme. its about working with the personal you have and customizing it to their strengths and the oppositions weakness.

i actually feel stupid typing that.

its like saying the team that scores the most points wins.

EJ needs his dump offs, he should run timing patters, use more than 4 plays, get CJ involved in the open field, and take some shots down the field….OFTEN!

i have the feeling that hackett has no idea what to do with the players he has.

i think the right coaching system would make EJ look like a beast.

he has the physical tools to play the game

he looks like a ok qb once he settles down. that didn't seem to happen in the last game until the 3rd quarter

maybe take that into account and game plan for it.

Agreed!