Are we in la la land? Nfl.com thinks we will finish 4th in AFC E

The over/under for vegas opened at 6.5 games for this team. That's the same as the Jets. Miami is at 7.5 games and the Patriots 10.5 Why is it so hard to believe that the NFL is picking Buffalo to be last? Not terribly shocking.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills defense is going to carry this team most of the season, run game will be their bread and butter offensively, and the passing game will steadily improve over the season...the Bills will finish 9-7, maybe 10-6, and everyone will finally get used to feeling good about their team again, instead of waiting for the proverbial dangling piano to come crashing down...that is what I think...

Edited by Buftex

4th in the AFC East? What the heck!

But coaches are saying "EJ looks so confident in the huddle." and "EJ is in command of the offense."

Lol I seriously can't take too much more of coaches praising him non stop for being confident in the huddle and having a better grasp on the plays, like is that the best they can do?

With that being said, my prediction: Buffalo Bills- First Place AFCE (Just like every year- I never questioned it and I never will.)

I dunno man. I have low expectations this year. 6-7 wins maybe ? Sure hope I'm wrong on this but I think we are an average at best coached team with a great roster, one of the best rosters in the NFL but without a QB or an OC I'm just not feeling it..

Like I say.....I hope I'm wrong but man, I just dont know.

Maybe it's just habitual at this point, but I've got a bad feeling about this season. EJ's looked weak in camp, no marquee upgrades beyond Sammy, and Marrone's seemingly lost the respect of the team based on today's news. Hoping I'm wrong, but I'm prepared for the worst and a housecleaning after the new owner takes over.

Last year the bills were competitive in all but 4 games. I see maybe 1-2 this year that I'm doubtful they can win, at Denver and pats. The remaining 14 are up for grabs (every home game is winnable). They are in the second year of this offense with the best WR and RB depth they've ever had. Despite losing Byrd And kiko, I think they have more overall talent and depth on defense this year. STs will be significantly better. Hopefully they will get a full season from EJ and not a musical chairs at QB.

Given the parity in the league, most of their games will come down to a couple of key plays and a little bit of luck. I think this is why Marrone is trying to toughen them up, since most games will be decided in the 4th quarter.

I'll be surprised if they are worse than 8-8, and I won't be surprised if they win 9-10 games.

In all honesty:

What area of the team do you feel is significantly improved from last year, which will result in the Buffalo Bills winning more than 6 games?

If you are looking for areas where they are better the offensive skill players are a good place to start. Mike Williams and Stevie are at worst a wash, Woods has improved and Watkins is the best playmaker that they have drafted since OJ potentially. In addition, you trade out Tashard Choice and Ronnie Wingo for Bryce Brown and Boobie Dixon and your RB stable is way improved. Add to that Seantrel Henderson, Cyril Richardson, Chris Williams (at least better than Legursky) a healthier Pears and your line is improved. That is your entire offense outside of QB and Hackett. They are significantly improved.

If you are looking for areas where they are better the offensive skill players are a good place to start. Mike Williams and Stevie are at worst a wash, Woods has improved and Watkins is the best playmaker that they have drafted since OJ potentially. In addition, you trade out Tashard Choice and Ronnie Wingo for Bryce Brown and Boobie Dixon and your RB stable is way improved. Add to that Seantrel Henderson, Cyril Richardson, Chris Williams (at least better than Legursky) a healthier Pears and your line is improved. That is your entire offense outside of QB and Hackett. They are significantly improved.

Adding Corey Dixon (DB) greatly helps our depth at CB as well. We got the horses. No excuses this year. This is OUR TIME !!

Go BILLS !!

Yeah I know what you're thinking. We have sucked for so long, what do you expect them to say? Expect to be favored to win the superbowl?

No of course not. And I get that.

In their season preview; The topic title is Buffalo Bills: Going in the wrong direction

Basically I want to know if that's right? Are we going in the wrong direction?

I thougt we were progressing. But in reality, are we going to flat out bust this year?

What do you guys think? Blind faith????

Edit: Forgot to add. They better be wrong!

Go bills!

3rd place, Jets last, Phins 2nd, Pats 1st

It seems like the trendy pick this year is the Jags. Everyone thinking they could surprise.

There are good things happening in Jax and that's due to coaching and the GM both. That team should be on the rise.

3rd place, Jets last, Phins 2nd, Pats 1st

I am not a Phish believer. That team is a train wreck. I just can't put them second. Pats 1st for sure and then it's a crapshoot from there.

Edited by BarleyNY

Well considering we've came in 3 and 4th place in the division for the past decade, why should anyone expect anything different?

IMO, 1st- Patriots, 2nd- Jets, 3rd- Bills, 4th- Dolphins

We should expect different because different players are playing against different teams. If the 2007 Pats were playing the 2007 Bills we should expect to lose. Each year is independent of the last. You can argue a lot of the same pieces are in place and I would argue that a lot of pieces are different. In the NFL (unlike other businesses) the past is not really a good indicator of the future. If you want an example look at KC, Carolina, Philadelphia, Washington & Houston 2 years ago and then last year.

Unless your the Bills its not I agree.

Look at it from a logical stand point. How do most teams win in this league? Great QB play and great coaching. Do we have either of those two things? Probably not.

Agree that we don't have either of those things but we do only have a small sample size to base that off of. I don't think that the Bills are 12-4 like some think but they are not 2-14 either. If they are around .500, which they should be, the Bills will be right there with the Jets and Dolphins. All 3 of those teams are virtually the same.

We should expect different because different players are playing against different teams. If the 2007 Pats were playing the 2007 Bills we should expect to lose. Each year is independent of the last. You can argue a lot of the same pieces are in place and I would argue that a lot of pieces are different. In the NFL (unlike other businesses) the past is not really a good indicator of the future. If you want an example look at KC, Carolina, Philadelphia, Washington & Houston 2 years ago and then last year.

Indeed, our team got better on paper... but, our schedule also got tougher this year.

So we may be a better team, but we'll end up with the same(ish) lousy record.

i think he will have improved with another year in the system and a full TC. Too early to know yet until we see a real game with a game plan and where he plays longer than a couple quarters with the starters but I expect him to be improved for sure.

My point exactly I am not saying he's going to be Farve, from from it, but he IS improving...

For the most part, Vegas and the national media have it pegged correctly and objectively, the Bills are a last place team until proven otherwise. While, the talent around EJ has improved:

1- better depth at RB and a healthy Spiller

2- more experienced offensive coordinator

3- better WR's (Williams & Watkins), more experience (Woods, Goodwin)

4- Offensive line "should" be better, except they haven't looked it, yet

The BOTTOM line is EJ, and unfortunately, despite a some flashes, he is still inconsistent and not showing enough improvement to change the so-called experts minds. If you doubt that for a second, watch some of the preseason games Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers have played, they rarely miss. EJ has a long way to go, and in this league, it's all about the QB.

Indeed, our team got better on paper... but, our schedule also got tougher this year.

So we may be a better team, but we'll end up with the same(ish) lousy record.

The point is, who knows what the record will be? Saying that they were bad last year really doesn't necessarily mean that they will be bad this year. The examples above all speak to that. If you want to say that the Bills will struggle because of the schedule, coaching and QB play it is one thing. The arguments that keep saying that they will be bad because they are always bad is the same lazy argument made by a lot of national reporters. I gave 5 examples off the top of my head from last year alone that dispell that notion. Add in Arizona, Baltimore, San Diego, and Minnesota if you want. It just isn't the best indicator was the point. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Yeah I know what you're thinking. We have sucked for so long, what do you expect them to say? Expect to be favored to win the superbowl?

No of course not. And I get that.

In their season preview; The topic title is Buffalo Bills: Going in the wrong direction

Basically I want to know if that's right? Are we going in the wrong direction?

I thougt we were progressing. But in reality, are we going to flat out bust this year?

What do you guys think? Blind faith????

Edit: Forgot to add. They better be wrong!

Go bills!

Negatives: Losing Pettine was big, imo (regardless of getting Schwartz). Marrone/Hackett have proven nothing in college or the NFL. EJ is a huge question mark and being 100% objective after watching him this preseason in year 2, his arrow is pointing down so far. We have an elite talent in CJ spiller and it appears (so far) that we will continue to waste his talent by simply running him up the middle with him.

Positives: Our WR corps looks much improved.

Neutral: We added OL depth but not much in terms of actual talent to the OL. I still see this OL struggling to push people around and dominate. Hypothetically speaking, our run D should be better but make no mistake I fully expect our pass rush to suffer this season with the loss of Pettine and his schemes.

That being said, it will all fall on EJ's shoulders. No surprise there.