Marrone on Watkins: Annoying Response.

CJPearl2

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's important to hate as many things about Marrone as possible in order to fully gear up for the regular season.

It's crazy isn't it? Coaches seem like the most boring human beings on the planet. And what good would it do to go into detail over injuries? To appease fans?

It was the highlight from the Orange Bowl where Sammy just TRUCKED Shazier; ran right over him. Gotta think an LB might have a long memory of that play. And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Shazier wanted to let Sammy know he was in the game the other night. There's better ways to do that than kneeing him in the back of the ribs though.

GO BILLS!!!

It was kind of an odd play and outcome where his knee ended up hitting Sammy in ribs on play he didn't even catch the ball

It's crazy isn't it? Coaches seem like the most boring human beings on the planet. And what good would it do to go into detail over injuries? To appease fans?

It's a ME world. I deserve to know everything. Tell me, or I shall pout.

you really think that is what he is thinking A ?

Full disclosure, I didn't even watch the presser. I couldn't see the point. At this time of year (or any other time really), when a guy goes down we need to keep going. Kiko is gone but we continue. Maybe I'm missing something because I'm just going from a first glance point of view. Maybe he's worried about losing his job over a strange injury? Maybe he wants less Woods? More Sammy? A call on a strange cheap shot? What else can he say? He doesn't know how quickly the ribs will recover. Sorry if I missed something obvious... He can want or think what he feels appropriate, but it's time to move on. That's how the game works.

Will you hold your breath and stomp your feet too? I always love that!

In Australia we have an expression "Spit the dummy" which I've always thought was a great one to use in these situations. I guess it wouldn't translate so well in the US as "Spit the pacifier" doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Epic dummy spit though :w00t: .

Marrone: "When he comes back, we'll be ready to go. I don't think one person is going to make or break it." His quote from his presser today. You mean the player you mortgaged your short term future to pick? That guy? Then we should know his condition. Marrone's act is getting old, quickly. And with the same results as prior coaches, he won't be long for here. I'm not a knee-jerk reaction guy, but I'm thinking this team has the wrong coaching staff.

Maybe Shanahan is available.

If the Bills make it to the playoffs this year, we'll look back on his press conferences as witty and cagey and putting those reporters in their place.

If we go 6-10 or worse, he is a total douche bag and his press conferences suck and we'll mock them.

Just win baby

Full disclosure, I didn't even watch the presser. I couldn't see the point. At this time of year (or any other time really), when a guy goes down we need to keep going. Kiko is gone but we continue. Maybe I'm missing something because I'm just going from a first glance point of view. Maybe he's worried about losing his job over a strange injury? Maybe he wants less Woods? More Sammy? A call on a strange cheap shot? What else can he say? He doesn't know how quickly the ribs will recover. Sorry if I missed something obvious... He can want or think what he feels appropriate, but it's time to move on. That's how the game works.

You are correct. What he says is not much to base an opinion upon. Its almost meaningless and fodder for the media spinners anyways. I guess some of us do the same .

I do like to catch glimpse of Marrone during the games though. Even preseason .

I might suggest shazier wanted to lay him out but pulled up hard. I was very surprised he was "injured " at all

Marrone: "When he comes back, we'll be ready to go. I don't think one person is going to make or break it." His quote from his presser today. You mean the player you mortgaged your short term future to pick? That guy? Then we should know his condition. Marrone's act is getting old, quickly. And with the same results as prior coaches, he won't be long for here. I'm not a knee-jerk reaction guy, but I'm thinking this team has the wrong coaching staff.

I happen to agree with you that Marrone's whole act like a d*ck shtick seems very much contrived. Like it's not him- he's actually a nice guy but he's putting on a show to seem tough or something. I feel like last year he would've given us a straight answer on a (hopefully) minor injury like Watkins and this year, he's basically doing a Bill Belichick impression every time he talks to the media. And dude, did you grow up in Ransom Oaks??

I happen to agree with you that Marrone's whole act like a d*ck shtick seems very much contrived. Like it's not him- he's actually a nice guy but he's putting on a show to seem tough or something. I feel like last year he would've given us a straight answer on a (hopefully) minor injury like Watkins and this year, he's basically doing a Bill Belichick impression every time he talks to the media. And dude, did you grow up in Ransom Oaks??

I think what he actually said about injuries was well thought out and absolutely true. He was saying I'm not going to do it because when I tried to do it last year and I was wrong one time, even though I totally believed what I was saying, you guys jumped all over me. Time tables for injuries are a tough thing in football. Status changes.

What part do people have a problem with?

Guest Diesel-USMC

Fans actually listen to press conferences???

They listen to "parts" of them. Whatever parts seem to adhere to their previous opinion.

BB has the right to act that way. He has 3 rings and wins every year. Plus he's a genius coach (as much as we hate to admit it). Some guys get to be jerks. Marrone doesn't. Further, we have doctors and trainers, etc. Give us a general timetable.

This is ludicrous. Every coach in the league is vague about injuries. Classic hater post.

Bronc is right. BB has always been the same way, after he won championships, before he won championships, when he was in Cleveland, always.

Again, watch the entire presser - he went into much more detail.

From here: http://www.sportsxchange.com/tsxfiles/?page_id=211&max_colums=20&story_id=86355

"Ribs are a funny thing. They really are," Marrone said. "You can practice the next day sometimes. You can come back into a game. Sometimes on the x-ray it shows that it's a crack. Sometimes it shows that it's not and then you take a better x-ray and there is a crack. Sometimes, depending on the player, you can be out two weeks, four weeks, six weeks or two months. I'm not going to get into that stuff this year."

"I'll be ready to practice without him. When he comes back he will be ready to go," Marrone said. "I don't think one person is going to make or break. We have to continue to move on. I'm excited about the guys we will have out there. He's not out there, and when he comes back, I don't know."

He's really being a jerk!

this post reminds me of the Cordy Glenn waaaah he won't tell us what his medical issue is. NOT YOUR BUSINESS. Step away from the keyboard, and step outside into the sunlight. It's nice out, enjoy it. Stop being doom and gloom.

The feeling of entitlement is sickening.