Marrone on Watkins: Annoying Response.

CJPearl2

I agree with Marrone not wanting to give a timetable on injuries and also agree with him handing over ALL injury related questions to be handled by "Scott".

I also agree with the OP that his press conferences are very hard to watch these days. They're not Jauron kind of horrible but it's up there on that level. At least Chan had the whole southern accent thing which made me chuckle at times and I loved Chan's anger but I always felt concerned he might have a heart attack or something. It was more like when your dad gets angry.

I'd like to see a younger guy with Chan's anger to show SOME type of emotion. Then again, if we can just win games I could give 2 tards how he acts. I guess that's what it's come down to. We lose so much that we nitpick how coaches talk (which I just did) smh.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams are required to report injuries based on the NFL rules and coaches are under no obligation to expand on the status or condition of specific players that might be hurt. And there are regulations and legal issues surrounding medical privacy.

Questions about when he might come back, I can see those as legitimate but if your doctor is not allowed to share or discuss your personal medical condition with others why does anyone think fans have some 'right' to know intimate details about a players condtion?

As for the coaches press conference? I didn't see it and I stopped watching these types of things some years ago. Press conferences, CBS or Fox pre-game shows, ESPN, NFL network shows. Don't watch any of them. Over time I concluded they were a waste of my time. For now I am only interested in what happens on the field on Sundays and what the coach has to say in a pre-season press conference isn't too important.

Eh...I always think it is dumb that the NFL requires players and coaches to speak to the media. For an image so conscious of their image, you would think, by now, they would have figured out that it often does more damage than anything. Interviews are very rarely informative in any way. I suppose it has something to do with the tv contracts..you gotta give the networks a little more than just the game, for all that money.

Amazing that people care about press conferences. Listening to athletes, coaches, announcers....is a waste of time....just watch the games.

But Marrone needs to give us the real deal. How else am I going to build my fantasy draft board?

Eh...I always think it is dumb that the NFL requires players and coaches to speak to the media. For an image so conscious of their image, you would think, by now, they would have figured out that it often does more damage than anything. Interviews are very rarely informative in any way. I suppose it has something to do with the tv contracts..you gotta give the networks a little more than just the game, for all that money.

That's exactly what it is. Show me the money baby!

BB has the right to act that way. He has 3 rings and wins every year. Plus he's a genius coach (as much as we hate to admit it). Some guys get to be jerks. Marrone doesn't. Further, we have doctors and trainers, etc. Give us a general timetable.

Bellycheck has the right to $ch!tt!

He's been cheating since before Superbowl XXV

Edited by Ted William's frozen head

Oh boy, can't wait to hear the media's take on today's presser!

@NICK_WKBW

#Bills HC Doug Marrone answers reporter cell phone that was on podium and rang during post prax presser. pic.twitter.com/KXsx8n9tPB

@HarryGibbs: Yes #Bills HC Doug Marrone picked up my cell phone during his press conference. It was my attorney. I hope she doesn't charge me #BillsCamp

BB has the right to act that way. He has 3 rings and wins every year. Plus he's a genius coach (as much as we hate to admit it). Some guys get to be jerks. Marrone doesn't. Further, we have doctors and trainers, etc. Give us a general timetable.

Bill Belichick isn't vague about injuries for the sake of being a jerk. He's vague about injuries because he wants to avoid giving his opponents any information which might possibly help them. As a Bills fan, I don't necessarily object to Marrone doing the same thing, for the same reasons.

I don't necessarily think Marrone is the long-term answer at head coach. But I have no objection to how he's chosen to handle this particular issue.

Again, watch the entire presser - he went into much more detail.

From here: http://www.sportsxch...&story_id=86355

"Ribs are a funny thing. They really are," Marrone said. "You can practice the next day sometimes. You can come back into a game. Sometimes on the x-ray it shows that it's a crack. Sometimes it shows that it's not and then you take a better x-ray and there is a crack. Sometimes, depending on the player, you can be out two weeks, four weeks, six weeks or two months. I'm not going to get into that stuff this year."

"I'll be ready to practice without him. When he comes back he will be ready to go," Marrone said. "I don't think one person is going to make or break. We have to continue to move on. I'm excited about the guys we will have out there. He's not out there, and when he comes back, I don't know."

He's really being a jerk!

So for the second week in a row we have a thread about a Marrone press conference where the OP either didn't read/listen to the whole thing or deliberately misquotes/take out of context a selective sentence.

Who'd have thunk it? :bag: