The coaching staff

Justice

I'm really starting to dislike Marrone. He's got a real problem with cutting off the nose to spite the face. Let me explain why I feel this way.

1. Doug's attachment to Hogan.

Anybody with eyes can see Woods is clearly superior to Hogan in every way. Maybe Hogan practices harder or is a better practice player than Robert is, but when it's game time "7-11" is a no-show and #10 puts on a show. Give Woody more time with the ones, Doug!

2A and 2B. Give EJ a fair chance to shine.

A. It was already bad enough that Sammy exited the game because of injury, now you want to pull our second best receiver in favor of camp fodder? The lack of use of Mike Williams in favor of TJ Graham only made matters worse for Manuel. TJ isn't making this team, if he does, I'll be surprised, so why give him so much time with the first string? Graham is garbage. Why can't Doug see that? Give EJ some good targets to throw to! Please!

B. The offensive line

How do we expect EJ to score if he has Doug freaking Legursky at LG? Legursky should be playing in the 4th quarter, not the first. He's trash.

We're trying to develop a young QB here. This offensive line experimentation crap has gone on for far too long. Yes, I realize Cordy is out and we can't really line up our top 5 just yet, but that still doesn't excuse benching Cyril in favor of DL.

Didn't Marrone see enough from #59 last year to know that he sucks? Richardson had a great week of practice and you reward him how? By starting Legursky?

It doesn't stop there either. I think Hairston should get some playing time with the ones at right tackle over Pears. Hairston is a natural right tackle, anyways, why play him on the left? We don't get any push on the right side in the running game and Pears is a big reason for that. He can't run block. We want to be a running team, right? Then get some road graders out on the field.

3. Scheme

Scrap the no-huddle. EJ isn't ready for that. He's already proven he can't handle too many responsibilities at one time, so help him out by taking away one of them. If we continue to struggle on offense, our defense will ultimately pay the price for it.

4. Play calling

Hackett sucks. I hate his play calling. He's obsessed with those ridiculous shot-gun sweeps. They don't work, moron, try something else! Everyone knows we're going to run the ball inside the ten yard-line, too. Do we ever throw the ball into the end-zone? The read-option? Really? That garbage was useless last season.

I'm losing faith in our head coach more and more every week. His evaluation of talent or lack thereof is a major concern. We won't improve if we head down the same path as last year and so far I don't see an improvement in coaching from last year. Time is running out. Get your act together!

Edited by NoJustice

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. Scheme

Scrap the no-huddle. EJ isn't ready for that. He's already proven he can't handle too many responsibilities at one time, so help him out by taking away one of them. If we continue to struggle on offense, our defense will ultimately pay the price for it.

No big Coach Marrone fan here. Hated the hiring. Still hate it. Have seen no reason to change my mind.

As far as the Hacket Jr. offensive scheme, it has puzzled me from the get go.

It's like we want to run a Ground Chuck/ball control offense, except run it "up tempo" which negates the whole ball control part of it. Then put a rookie (now second year) inexperienced QB the up tempo thing. Couple this with a bad defense and you're asking to get the score run up on you. Last years D was a lot more fun to watch but only marginally better in results.

I'd much rather see us huddle up and give EJ and the rest of the guys time to think. The hurry up no huddle thing works when you have an experienced QB who can run it like Peyton Manning or Jim Kelly. Sort of reminds me of running the no huddle with Trent at the controls. At least Dick Jauron had the smarts to pull the plug on that.

It is only pre season and we won't be running what we are in PS, or at least I hope ...

And don't get me started about how the classic Bills find new way to lose has only continued under Coach Marrone.

Edited by reddogblitz

I wanted Lovie Smith as Head Coach, but Brandon & Co went in a different direction. They wanted to try something new, instead of hiring a proven Head Coach like Smith. I said it when Smith got hired by Tampa Bay that he will lead the Bucs to the playoffs before the Bills do, and I'm sticking with that.

Give Hackett a break at least until he learns how to shave. Plus he has a stressful week with his driver's test on the horizon. Insider word is that Dareus wasn't racing at all. It was a cover story designed by Marrone to spare Hackett embarrassment. He was trying to parrallel park and he kept hitting Marcel's car.

I wanted Lovie Smith as Head Coach, but Brandon & Co went in a different direction. They wanted to try something new, instead of hiring a proven Head Coach like Smith. I said it when Smith got hired by Tampa Bay that he will lead the Bucs to the playoffs before the Bills do, and I'm sticking with that.

I am watching the Lovie/Tampa thing play out. he publicly said he wanted to coach the bIlls. he was criticized as being

Old school, etc. So they hired the cutting edge antics of a two time pin stripe bowl winner. A .500 college coach and his staff. So

Far not all that impressed. keeping his horrid ST coach spoke a lot as to what is important to the culture he is building in Buffalo.

We would have went to the playoffs last year with Lovie. He was doing more with less in Chicago a lot of the time. We would've been talking about how far we were going to go this year. This team is all about what could have been.

I am a glass half full guy and bought into the Marrone hire for a while, but he is sending a message to players by his actions that are confusing. He says "Best at position will play" and his evaluations seem little off. On top of that he keeps a special team guy and offensive coordinator that are sub par. I get the preseason argument, no game plan etc., but your 1st team offense needs a touchdown and he needs to find a way.

Marrone's loyalty will bite him in the end.

Any more excuses for EJ? The ball was wet? The lights were in his eyes?

I didn't make excuses for EJ. I just said give him a chance to shine. Let him play ball with his best receivers and lineman. Why don't you try taking me on point for point? Tell me I'm wrong. You can't, because Marrone and Hackett are inept and you know it.

I am watching the Lovie/Tampa thing play out. he publicly said he wanted to coach the bIlls. he was criticized as being

Old school, etc. So they hired the cutting edge antics of a two time pin stripe bowl winner. A .500 college coach and his staff. So

Far not all that impressed. keeping his horrid ST coach spoke a lot as to what is important to the culture he is building in Buffalo.

I agree 100%

It's like we want to run a Ground Chuck/ball control offense, except run it "up tempo" which negates the whole ball control part of it. Then put a rookie (now second year) inexperienced QB the up tempo thing. Couple this with a bad defense and you're asking to get the score run up on you. Last years D was a lot more fun to watch but only marginally better in results.

Marginally better? The Bills were #1 in the league last year in yards allowed per drive.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestatsdef

If the offense even becomes mediocre this could be a good team.

I am a glass half full guy and bought into the Marrone hire for a while, but he is sending a message to players by his actions that are confusing. He says "Best at position will play" and his evaluations seem little off. On top of that he keeps a special team guy and offensive coordinator that are sub par. I get the preseason argument, no game plan etc., but your 1st team offense needs a touchdown and he needs to find a way.

Marrone's loyalty will bite him in the end.

It is not actually loyalty. He needs to have yes men. That is different.

Marginally better? The Bills were #1 in the league last year in yards allowed per drive.

http://www.footballo...s/drivestatsdef

If the offense even becomes mediocre this could be a good team.

Yes, marginally better. It's nice that we are #1 in yards per drive. However, a defenses job is to keep the other team from scoring points. In 2013 we gave up an average of 24.2 points per game and had on an average of 31:59 per game. In 2012 it was 27.2 points per game in 30:33. To my way of thinking, that's marginally better. More fun to watch, but only marginally more effective.

I agree that our Offense was bad last year and contributed somewhat. The often mentioned time of possession. While it is true we were bad at that last year, the defense plays into that too by giving up long drives and long 3rd down conversions and not being able to stop the run etc.

I like what I've seen from the D in pre season so far. Hopefully it will be better this year.

Yes, marginally better. It's nice that we are #1 in yards per drive. However, a defenses job is to keep the other team from scoring points. In 2013 we gave up an average of 24.2 points per game and had on an average of 31:59 per game. In 2012 it was 27.2 points per game in 30:33. To my way of thinking, that's marginally better. More fun to watch, but only marginally more effective.

I agree that our Offense was bad last year and contributed somewhat. The often mentioned time of possession. While it is true we were bad at that last year, the defense plays into that too by giving up long drives and long 3rd down conversions and not being able to stop the run etc.

I like what I've seen from the D in pre season so far. Hopefully it will be better this year.

The defense faced the most drives in the NFL, which means they are going to give up points that they otherwise wouldn't have. To compare, the Bills faced 209 drives, while the Seahawks faced 179. That's 17% more drives, which is a huge difference. The offense left the defense in a hole lots of time.