RIP Actor Robin Williams

CowgirlsFan

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if this had something to do with it

"In a 2013 interview with Parade magazine, Williams said his divorce from his second wife, Marsha Garces, left him with financial troubles that led him to sell his ranch in Napa and forced him back into TV because he needed the work."

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2014/08/rip-robin-williams-dead-death-dies/

ROBIN WILLIAMS 'SELFISH' FOR COMMITTING SUICIDE

Says Todd Bridges

Robin Williams' death had been reported for just minutes, when "Different Strokes" star Todd Bridges bashed Williams for committing suicide ... calling it "a very selfish act."

Bridges moaned he's had a hard time too but didn't take what he implies is the easy way out: "You don't think that my life has been hell and I've had so many ups and downs now. If I did that what am i showing my children that when it gets tough that's the way out No you gotta buckle down ask God to help you. That's when prayer really comes into effect."

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/08/11/robin-williams-suicide-dead-todd-bridges-twitter-selfish

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

i have to admit, this is one of my first thoughts when it comes to suicide, in my head i think some pretty mean things about people that commit suicide, but then I start to think about how bad this depression sickness really is....he has EVERYTHING at his feet, yet he is still in such a state of mind that dying is the better alternative. I completely understand Todd Bridges statement, but it should be an initial internal thought, not something you should take to the press.

ROBIN WILLIAMS 'SELFISH' FOR COMMITTING SUICIDE

Says Todd Bridges

Robin Williams' death had been reported for just minutes, when "Different Strokes" star Todd Bridges bashed Williams for committing suicide ... calling it "a very selfish act."

Bridges moaned he's had a hard time too but didn't take what he implies is the easy way out: "You don't think that my life has been hell and I've had so many ups and downs now. If I did that what am i showing my children that when it gets tough that's the way out No you gotta buckle down ask God to help you. That's when prayer really comes into effect."

http://m.tmz.com/#Ar...twitter-selfish

So I'm flying today, and before I leave I look to see where I am on the upgrade list. Except for your own name, they only list the first three letters of the last name, and first initial. Top of the list this morning? Mor/K

also.....

http://www.buzzfeed.com/krystieyandoli/robin-williams-fans-spontaneously-turned-the-good-will-hunti

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alexisnedd/things-nobody-tells-you-about-being-depressed

i have to admit, this is one of my first thoughts when it comes to suicide, in my head i think some pretty mean things about people that commit suicide, but then I start to think about how bad this depression sickness really is....he has EVERYTHING at his feet, yet he is still in such a state of mind that dying is the better alternative. I completely understand Todd Bridges statement, but it should be an initial internal thought, not something you should take to the press.

Me too, and I figure its somewhat sacrireligious to mention given his popularity, but when I read he has a relatively new wife and 3 kids (from previous marriages), can't help but think there's an element of selfishness for leaving them like that.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I also used to think it was a 'selfish act'... but seeing it firsthand every day for 13 years, since I’ve been with my wife has got me thinking otherwise. It is a sickness that “normal” people cannot possibly understand. It is not rational or logical. They do not choose to be this way, their brains work differently than ours. I learn something new about it every week, I swear. Life can be going as great as possible and they just don’t see it, they think they are worthless and horrible and a burden. Depression actually makes them think they would be doing everyone a favor if they were no longer around, so it’s not selfish at all.

Robin Williams brought us so much joy but I can understand why he probably didn’t see it that way. Unfortunately at the present moment my wife is having a VERY hard time with things and I’m barely holding it together. My wife doesn’t think she has a purpose, she can’t see that she’s the most important person to several people and how much she is loved, but all she sees is a failure and a burden to everyone. Mental illness is a nasty thing and in my opinion, people that don’t know about it shouldn’t make comments like Todd Bridges did.

Edited by MikeG