Do we have 3 #1 wrs??? I think so!

Not in my book. It seems like you are defining a "total count" and not a class of player.

Different sport. But if Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson were on the same team, wouldnt they both be #1's??? Of course they would. They would just be playing on the same team. This is they key: If said players went to other teams they would be #1 on their new team.

Any of these 3 would be #1 on the Browns this season. Does that count? Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 Sammy

#2 Williams

#3 Woods

#4 Goodwin

#5 Hogan

I think Hogan has already passed Goodwin.

We have four #1 WRs.

Mike Williams is ProFootballFocus's 3rd-ranked WR in the NFL overall, and so far leads the Bills in YPC.

Robert Woods has the most receptions in the NFL (8), the 3rd-most YAC yards in the NFL, and leads the Bills in that category

Marquise Goodwin is tied for 5th in the NFL in YAC per reception.

And then there's Sammy.

Ha ha. Nice.

Any of these 3 would be #1 on the Browns this season. Does that count?

Yes. This is exactly what I'm saying. Lol.

We have two, and maybe three WR's who could look like a #1 on any given Sunday. Not week in and week out though, especially with our run emphasis and erratic passing. Lots of potential... and so far to go.

Isn't Hogan ahead of Woods at the starting slot receiver? Not sure how you could say Woods is a #1 when he's not even a starter

In the preseason they want to see how Hogan is in starting against NFL DBs to evaluate him as a slot receiver.

Sammy is the bomb. You can just tell. He has all around skills. I even like his blocking skills. With our good run game, wrs need to be good blockers as well.

Robert Woods. I've been praising him since last year and he looks even better this year.

Mike Williams. He used to be a #1. Does he still have it?

I gotta give praise when it's there. Hogan is looking super sharp. Dude, does this guy ever drop a ball???? I liked seeing him with the 1's Friday. He's not a number 1. But he's earning credit.

I'm excited yall!!!!

and Hogan, we have 4 number ones!!

The conclusion to this is that you can label people and rank people all you like. Has to be done on a Sunday once the regular season kicks off for it to matter. What I think we all agree on is that this is potentially one of the best Bills receiver groupings for many a long year. All in on EJ means depth in the backfield, weapons in the passing game, and protection up front. It's check on the first, a provisional check on the second... but still a bit of a question mark on the third.

Ha ha.

So Brady would not have benefited from this guy the first 8 games last year when the other wrs were stinking it up??

Ha ha.

So Brady would not have benefited from this guy the first 8 games last year when the other wrs were stinking it up??

Who is Brady's #1WR? Brandon LaFell? Julian Edelman?

Who is Brady's #1WR? Brandon LaFell? Julian Edelman?

Edelman I think right. It's not Thompkins. He sucks.

I dont know much of lafell.

The bills have a bunch of good young WR talent with potential to be a top squad. Let's just leave it there until we see match ups against regular season defenses

Thanks but no thanks.

Celebrate time!

I'm only getting started!

Edelman I think right. It's not Thompkins. He sucks.

I dont know much of lafell.

Thanks but no thanks.

Celebrate time!

I'm only getting started!

They signed Lafell in FA from Carolina. He was the #2 there. Besides Edelman and Thompkins, have Aaron Dobson. I know Brady is Brady and they have Gronk and their system doesn't need great WRs, But still.

They signed Lafell in FA from Carolina. He was the #2 there. Besides Edelman and Thompkins, have Aaron Dobson. I know Brady is Brady and they have Gronk and their system doesn't need great WRs, But still.

I know how they got him. But I dont know about him.

The only 2 guys that made splashes were Steve Smith and their tight end. I had never heard of lafell. just being honest anyway.

Edelman and Gronk is enough for that cheating team.

Ps. Has anyone noticed that their entire starting oline is made up of white guys. I know it doesnt matter. But I think they are the only team like that. Just a weird observation.

Danny Amendola?

I know how they got him. But I dont know about him.

The only 2 guys that made splashes were Steve Smith and their tight end. I had never heard of lafell. just being honest anyway.

Edelman and Gronk is enough for that cheating team.

Ps. Has anyone noticed that their entire starting oline is made up of white guys. I know it doesnt matter. But I think they are the only team like that. Just a weird observation.

Cleveland also has 5 white guys on their starting OL:

Thomas-Bitonio-Mack-Greco-Schwartz

As does Green Bay:

Bakhtiari-Sitton-Tretter-Lang-Bulaga

Danny Amendola?

Cleveland also has 5 white guys on their starting OL:

Thomas-Bitonio-Mack-Greco-Schwartz

As does Green Bay:

Bakhtiari-Sitton-Tretter-Lang-Bulaga

Does Amendola count if he is made of crystal? JK, I just forgot about the fact he existed. Edited by YoloinOhio

I think there are a lot of ways to determine whether a player is a #1 receiver. What matters most I think is whether the opponents feel it's necessary to game plan to try to stop him. If the opponents watch the tape and figure their typical defensive package is enough to contain a guy, he's not a #1. If they scheme to take him away and he still dominates, he's a #1 and would be on any team.

I see the point that there are by definition 32 #1s in the league. I just don't think that's a useful definition. I don't think we've had anyone since Moulds (not even the aged Terrell Owens) who was a legitimate #1. Watkins should become a #1. Williams and Woods are really good but will not dominate games. Goodwin is like CJ, great when his wheels are on, average otherwise. TJ, sorry, it hasn't worked yet and it isn't going to. I think both Hogan and Easley stay, in part for ST capabilities.

Edited by Utah John

I think we have at best 2.... Woods is clearly a #2... Watkins and Williams can both play as 1's, but I am uncertain that Williams can put up those numbers without someone taking the heat off him- like VJax did in TB... I hope Sammy is who we think he is... Regardless, we have a very solid WR corps

Edited by CountryCletus