Do we have 3 #1 wrs??? I think so!

I think we have at best 2.... Woods is clearly a #2... Watkins and Williams can both play as 1's, but I am uncertain that Williams can put up those numbers without someone taking the heat off him- like VJax did in TB... I hope Sammy is who we think he is... Regardless, we have a very solid WR corps

Maybe in buffalo. Woods is really good. He could be a number one if on another team.

Ps. Colts think they have 3 #1's too!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there are a lot of ways to determine whether a player is a #1 receiver. What matters most I think is whether the opponents feel it's necessary to game plan to try to stop him. If the opponents watch the tape and figure their typical defensive package is enough to contain a guy, he's not a #1. If they scheme to take him away and he still dominates, he's a #1 and would be on any team.

I see the point that there are by definition 32 #1s in the league. I just don't think that's a useful definition. I don't think we've had anyone since Moulds (not even the aged Terrell Owens) who was a legitimate #1. Watkins should become a #1. Williams and Woods are really good but will not dominate games. Goodwin is like CJ, great when his wheels are on, average otherwise. TJ, sorry, it hasn't worked yet and it isn't going to. I think both Hogan and Easley stay, in part for ST capabilities.

There is no correct, or more useful, answer here obviously.

To your bolded point above. Let's suppose it turns out that Revis can single handedly remove Watkins from significance in the 2 games played this year. No scheme adjustment on the Pats part is required to contain him ... they just man up Revis on Watkins at all times effectively taking him out of the play and causing the Bills OC to call plays to other options. Does this eliminate Watkins from consideration as a #1 per your defn?

By contrast. Let's suppose that Watkins is unleashed upon the Jets secondary which has no one in place to effectively contain him without having to resort to double covering and scheme adjustments. Does this then mean Watkins is a #1 per your defn?

I think Williams was the WR2 in Tampa, but he has a lot of skill at the position. I think he is a legit red zone threat. Woods is a borderline #1 - I think he is polished enough for that role but I think he is more effective as the the 2nd or third option. Sammy is a #1. Goodwin is the icing on the cake. So much talent. I hope it all comes together!

Yolo, dude from Tampa responding. He was the #1 the time prior to VJax arrival, then moved to #2. He is big for 6'1" as he has great leaping ability due to his basketball skills. I've posted a number of times you guys will see he is the clear #2. I love Woods and even Goodwin, but MW will win out to be on the field every down. He blocks well, is an excellent red zone threat, runs nice routes, and very durable. He was more durable to us Bucs fans ( still Bills first ) than VJax as Jax would make these amazing catches, and then drop the obvious easy ones. Very frustrating. Williams was Mr. reliability. You guys are going to love him in time.

The leaping catch people made some nice comments we have been used to and expect out of him when in Tampa. His only problem was acting like a knucklehead off the field at times. He never was a problem over 4 years on the field.

We have a nic WR corp now and one poster mentioned a concern about Chandler. I don't make quick decisions, but one area I'm looking closely at for. The next 6 weeks is Chandler looked slower last year than years past coming off his ACL repair. I expected him to get his step back this year. I'm hoping these drop sat the end of the year and last week are anomalies. I like Chandler, but if we really want to compete in the playoffs, we have to have a solid TE. Maybe it's Moeaki? I don't know. We'll see over then next three weeks.

5 wide baby! That would blow D coordinators minds! Like 3 plays a game!

I'd replace with 4 wides and you can interchange Goodwin with the Homerun threat, and Hogan, mr. All World Lax player ( he was a middy which means he has excellent change of direction which is crucial for a slot guy - See Welker or Mr. Over the Middle, Andre) with an addition of CJ with some spread offense just a few times and watch him break one of those 30+ yard plays. That's his specialty.

Yolo, dude from Tampa responding. He was the #1 the time prior to VJax arrival, then moved to #2. He is big for 6'1" as he has great leaping ability due to his basketball skills. I've posted a number of times you guys will see he is the clear #2. I love Woods and even Goodwin, but MW will win out to be on the field every down. He blocks well, is an excellent red zone threat, runs nice routes, and very durable. He was more durable to us Bucs fans ( still Bills first ) than VJax as Jax would make these amazing catches, and then drop the obvious easy ones. Very frustrating. Williams was Mr. reliability. You guys are going to love him in time.

The leaping catch people made some nice comments we have been used to and expect out of him when in Tampa. His only problem was acting like a knucklehead off the field at times. He never was a problem over 4 years on the field.

We have a nic WR corp now and one poster mentioned a concern about Chandler. I don't make quick decisions, but one area I'm looking closely at for. The next 6 weeks is Chandler looked slower last year than years past coming off his ACL repair. I expected him to get his step back this year. I'm hoping these drop sat the end of the year and last week are anomalies. I like Chandler, but if we really want to compete in the playoffs, we have to have a solid TE. Maybe it's Moeaki? I don't know. We'll see over then next three weeks.

I'd replace with 4 wides and you can interchange Goodwin with the Homerun threat, and Hogan, mr. All World Lax player ( he was a middy which means he has excellent change of direction which is crucial for a slot guy - See Welker or Mr. Over the Middle, Andre) with an addition of CJ with some spread offense just a few times and watch him break one of those 30+ yard plays. That's his specialty.

Thanks for clarifying. I knew he was the #1 at one time. I just didnt feel like looking it up.

Nice take on Mike. He had that nice grab Friday which opened my eyes to the type of player we have.

Regarding our all world player, he's gone if he makes our practice squid.

Awesome. Thanks Tampa dude! :thumbsup: