New sale of team thread

I can't say I'm thrilled with any diversion of forces here... JK/Thurmal should be aligned with the best possible suitor (so far Pegula) and not have them bid against other. Pegula with the blessing of the fans and JK should be as ironclad as it can get. Why make more of a mess for the Trust?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos @Brawndo for remembering Thurman. I think you are onto something. Though it's a bit surprising Thurman would oppose Kelly's bid.

That said both these guys are ornamental. Neither have the kind of cash to buy into this poker game in a significant way.

The only reason I could think of a the opposing bid would be the uncertainty of Kelly's Health around the time the bidding groups were being formed. Kelly might have agreed to form a group with Gundlach prior to Pegula expressing any ownership interest. Gundlach and Kelly could be in as a favor to the trust to increase interest. Who knows?

How do you know that the Trust won't sell the team to anyone? Frankly, I'd like to see how it is worded in print. I don't trust anything that has to do with JP Morgan Chase. The Morgans and Rockefellers caused more harm in the world than any other entity on the face of the earth. Elites such as the Wilson ladies and the bankers at Morgan Stanley don't give a hoot about Buffalo or Bills fans. Might makes right and whomever has the most money has the might. The bidder who coughs up the most money or proposes to bilk the most financing for a new stadium will get to do whatever they want.

Um, you do know Morgan Stanley isn't selling, nor buying, the team, right? What they think of Buffalo, the Bills or the fans is totally irrelevant to the process. They could be scum sucking weasels and it would have no bearing on who gets the team.

The Trust (with Mary Wilson at the helm) has already proven to care about keeping the Bills in Buffalo. The directive to the TO/JBJ group to make a clearer commitment to keeping the Bills in WNY should be proof of that. Any bidder not passing that basic test won't be considered.

First we have people complaining there were only 3 bids (the trust and Morgan Stanley screwed the pooch!). Now many of the same people are complaining about the news there may be up to 8 bidders (the sky is falling, the team is surely moving!).

All you really need to know is, the Bills will likely sell for a record NFL price...AND... they are staying in WNY

Don't worry. Be happy.

(you morons)

Edited by The Dean

Good plan Yolo! All the bases are covered now.

Has anybody thought to confirm if Pegula can own both the Bills and Sabres?

Doesn't someone have to follow Chad Kelly and luke russert's aunts B&B?

Edited by The Wiz

Um, yeah, I know. I have over 400 posts here, and you have less than 10. Who is the sock puppet?

:worthy: First oooohhhh 400 posts, :sick::doh:

again, you miss the point...I was trying to make in that you sounded like a sock puppet supporting the position that someone else was making which was basically untenable, unsupportable, and unpopular. Not to mention with no basis in fact.

and number of posts has nothing to do with it. I've been a bills fan for 32 years. I just dont often have time to post. in fact I shouldn't be posting now.

But the level of crazy thats been spewing here prompted me to.

I can't say I'm thrilled with any diversion of forces here... JK/Thurmal should be aligned with the best possible suitor (so far Pegula) and not have them bid against other. Pegula with the blessing of the fans and JK should be as ironclad as it can get. Why make more of a mess for the Trust?

Exactly! Pegula probably didn't want any investors because he's going to pay in cash and leave the team to his kids. I love Jim, but he should have stayed out of it. Pegula is what's best for WNY

Under a Pegula ownership, if retained Brandon will not have responsibility for player personnel and he certainly won't be involved in player personnel with Sabres.

You seem to be obsessed with Brandon's involvement with player personnel. He is not really involved in any meaningful way now. Yes, Whaley reports to him because he is acting, for the time being, as a de facto owner. That doesn't mean he weighs in, or has any particular veto power, in those decisions. Even if he keeps the same title and responsibilities under the new ownership things will be different for one simple reason: He will then have a boss to report to--the new owner. Relax for Christ's sake.

:worthy: First oooohhhh 400 posts, :sick::doh:

again, you miss the point...I was trying to make in that you sounded like a sock puppet supporting the position that someone else was making which was basically untenable, unsupportable, and unpopular. Not to mention with no basis in fact.

and number of posts has nothing to do with it. I've been a bills fan for 32 years. I just dont often have time to post. in fact I shouldn't be posting now.

But the level of crazy thats been spewing here prompted me to.

Whose position did I support that was untenable, unsupportable and unpopular with no basis in fact? For someone who claims they don't have time to post, you seem to be well-versed in how to do it, as well as internet slang!

So it will be no different than it is now.

Except that Whaley would report to a VP, Football Operations who would report to Pegula. Same structure Pegs wanted to create with Sabres when Pat Lafontaine was there with, Patty and Ted Black.

You seem to be obsessed with Brandon's involvement with player personnel. He is not really involved in any meaningful way now. Yes, Whaley reports to him because he is acting, for the time being, as a de facto owner. That doesn't mean he weighs in, or has any particular veto power, in those decisions. Even if he keeps the same title and responsibilities under the new ownership things will be different for one simple reason: He will then have a boss to report to--the new owner. Relax for Christ's sake.

Relax ? You seem to be the one that is uptight about it. I just wanted to clarify because a lot of posters get confused about Brandon's role with player personnel.